Yellow | YRC Freight to add eight DCs to relieve stress on existing locations

We had a guy with 20 years where I am. Quit last April... went to Walmart... calls every week telling me how much he enjoys it,along with no stress,pressure,whining,profanity,harassment. And working with management,and drivers who respect one another.
It's a wonderland out there. No joke. We work for dysfunctional company for sure.

We had a guy with 20 years where I am. Quit last April... went to Walmart... calls every week telling me how much he enjoys it,along with no stress,pressure,whining,profanity,harassment. And working with management,and drivers who respect one another.
I am never going back to a job sleeping behind the drivers seat and the first time one of those wally world suits wrote me up for having grease on my shirt I would show him my middle finger and be unemployed! No Thanks!

Ha, ha now that's funny. Stress relieving for some and not for others!! And for my opinion, it's not going to change a darn thing!! Those idiots are so freakin' stupid, they should all be fired for just even thinking this would work!!
It will for all the scabs. It says in the coo that this is to make yrc attractive. NOT. YELLOW was allowed 100 to go to Carlisle on there relay change. Yrc allows a major loss at 135 at 14.

Not sure how many of these 556 people will actually "Follow The Work", but most probably will...

FXIRVk8.jpg

:bananapartyhat:

Hard to believe that 556 employees, shifted to other barns, will create a miraculous recovery! Glory Hallelujah!

I think the article left out a paragraph. The stress they are trying to relieve is low bill counts per hour moving across the dock at certain large distribution centers. The ones moving like 2.58 per hour.If they would allow many EOL terminals to load directs,even if they are not jammed to the roof,but loaded so as to not have damage,they would not have to move hardly anyone. May even reduce claims substantially.....

Do I hear the word LOGIC?

Our number ONE employee, whom was still working 50-60 hrs per week, collecting his pension, AND SS, passed away 2 weeks ago from a stroke! I understand he was only in his early 70's. He literally worked himself to death for this company without ever enjoying a retirement. Comments?
Hpw do you know what he died from? Maybe he would've retired young, and died that same day? We don't know our future.

Perhaps he enjoyed his work? I do enjoy my job (the one I took AFTER leaving YRC). I plan to work as long as I enjoy great health and enjoyment on the job. That may be tomorrow, or 80 years from now. We're individuals, not robots.

Hang the trustee's for poor choices! Here is 2 good articles.
Back in the early 90's, employees could retire full pension, with only 25 years, no matter the age

That's partly why CSPF is broke. I know a few that retired while in their late 40s. Thought they'd collect 50 years...

I had one a year or so ago that I think is even worse, same thing fella out of our barn more than old enough to retire, plenty of money, still running the road, goes home on the weekend and his wife passes in her sleep. All those travel plans for retirement when he hangs it up down the drain, might as well work himself to death now there is no one at home to share retirement with.
So she wouldn't have died in her sleep if he was home?????

Hpw do you know what he died from? Maybe he would've retired young, and died that same day? We don't know our future.

Perhaps he enjoyed his work? I do enjoy my job (the one I took AFTER leaving YRC). I plan to work as long as I enjoy great health and enjoyment on the job. That may be tomorrow, or 80 years from now. We're individuals, not robots.

Since I was not personally there to witness his stroke...................
I'm basing my "opinion" on what our TM told us AND what his daughter told a few close employees!
A 40+ year employee. Enjoyed his work? HA! HA! Did you enjoy working in a YRC controlling environment?
I just hit 30+ years and won't be "enjoying" my work past 62 young years. More to life than this $HITHOLE of a company!

Furthermore, It is called enjoying life, traveling, and witnessing the worlds true wonders!

So she wouldn't have died in her sleep if he was home?????
I am sorry I will talk a little slower the man could have retired many years ago and spent those years enjoying time with his wife traveling the world and enjoying retirement but instead he decided to work into his 70's and not enjoy his retirement years with his wife. I know this is hard for some guys to understand but that is the whole idea of retirement to actually have some good times with family in your more senior years. I guess I would feel like a real horses ass if I had done the same! You know.....right?

Do I hear the word LOGIC?
Maybe H. But what I am really trying to say is,they just do these changes with a 30 plus year old mindset that changing the flow of freight over the road will improve service,while they don't look at the big picture.....The entire way we move freight is older than Triplex....

I am sorry I will talk a little slower the man could have retired many years ago and spent those years enjoying time with his wife traveling the world and enjoying retirement but instead he decided to work into his 70's and not enjoy his retirement years with his wife. I know this is hard for some guys to understand but that is the whole idea of retirement to actually have some good times with family in your more senior years. I guess I would feel like a real horses ass if I had done the same! You know.....right?
So you know that it was what the couple wanted, or thst she was guaranteed to not die on one of those world trips?

I don't try to plan others lives for them. I guess you do? We're all different. One of the drivers where I work just retired for the 2nd time at 86. Retired at 67, came back. Drove 19 more years because he enjoyed it and was bored. Said driving kept him young and alive. His kids finally made him stop. Hes,in amazing shape.

Last edited:
So you know that it was what the couple wanted, or thst she was guaranteed to not die on one of those world trips?

I don't try to plan others lives for them. I guess you do? We're all different. One of the drivers where I work just retired for the 2nd time at 86. Retired at 67, came back. Drove 19 more years because he enjoyed it and was bored. Said driving kept him young and alive. His kids finally made him stop. Hes,in amazing shape.
I know a guy just like the one you are talking about two digit employee number, great shape, mid seventies, I feel sorry for the man every Monday night when I see him in the drivers room and wonder how miserable his home life must be that he would rather drive all night than enjoy retirement. And no he doesn't need the money! I have a hard enough time planning my own life to have time planning others. I don't know about you but I actually talk to guys at work about their lives and listen when they tell me their plans for retirement. I guess that is what brothers do!