Yellow | Yrc Freight to drop the R Yellow Freight

Might as well throw my opinion in. If Roadway had sold to UPS when they were approached prior to the Yellow purchase, Roadway would be under the UPS umbrella, Yellow would be gone, the birds would be singing and the sun would be shining.

Oh you do paint a pretty picture, but if that happened who would yellow blame for all there troubles LOL

glad to see that the Y vrs R will be around a long time after this turd has been flushed .
You all can blame roadway or yellow but all they did is ask for giveback after giveback ,they are not the ones who voted it in .
like I was told the last 3 times .DONT FORGET THERE IS NO PLAN B .
plan A seems to be working just fine for yrc .how you all doin ?

This thread was re-started by Ripper. It had been dormant since April. Could Ripper be a troll just to restart the Y vs R crap that is a divide and conquer method? We have more important things to discuss right now than rehashing old crap. The present is stressful enough, let's not give this troll any ammo!!

and about debt, R had none and owned everything outright. Y was ready to croak, and went into debt to buy everybody, good idea!

your wrong on debt............ at the time your equipment was old and would have had to borrow big money for new equipment, old outdate computer, etc second fact moct of the bosses at the merger let go and dispatchers where y people in the Midwest that's a fact so please stop the lies and at this point

LET ME SAY WHAT I HAVE SAID FOR A LONG TIME THE TEAMSTER LTL IS DYING

NOT ETHER YELLOW OR ROADWAY WOULD BE IN BUSSINESS VERY MUCH LONGER EVEN IF THEY WHERE SEPERATE NOW

BUY 2025 GOOD LUCK FINDING A UNIOUN LTL JOB YRC ,YRCW WILL ALL BE GONE AND JUST A MEMORY

FACT WE CANT COMPETE WITH OUR WORKFORCE AND LEGACY COSTS OUR COMPETION IS LEANER AND MEANIER THEY DO MORE WORK WITH LESS EMPLOYEES, AND LESS COSTS PER EMPLOYEE IN PAY AND BENIFITS..SIMPLE MATH

THEY HAVE BEEN CLOSING THE DOORS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES FOR ALL THESE YEARS IVE BEEN PREACHING TO ALL MY FRIENDS FOR YEARS DONT BUY ANYTHING AND SAVE....AND BETTER YET IF YOU CAN DOWNSIZE DO SO

No it's not a fact that most of the y folks were let go at the time of the merger, what the y people don't comprehend is that quite a few R people we're let go just befor the merger hit,

Now since you didn't know any of the R. People or work with them were easy to over look.

here in the east it was opposite .after the merge they used the roadway management to learn the computers and how to search for freight .tried to learn how to load freight high and tight then one at a time walked the roadway guys off the dock.
at least 4 term I know of went that way.

here in the east it was opposite .after the merge they used the roadway management to learn the computers and how to search for freight .tried to learn how to load freight high and tight then one at a time walked the roadway guys off the dock.
at least 4 term I know of went that way.

Lb is right. Y always loaded ob trailers straight in and on the floor. Thanx r for teaching us at y how to stack.

Beers at the barrell burn lb. I'm looking forward to it.

LMFAO!!!!!

It's been all yellow upper management for the past few years. Nothing has changed still no money coming in so would you blame r or y. This conversation has been going on way too long. We have been all thrown together for the last 5 years. Why can't anybody just get over it and deal with the situation that is happening now quit pointing fingers on with thr or t they were all in the same boat. That boat is also sinking fast.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

No matter what shape either company was in before the merger, it was Y--Bill Zollars-- who went into debt $300M to buy R, then it was Y--Bill Zollars--who took both companies into debt another $330M to buy USF....now how is it R's fault that Y management went $630M in debt and screwed both companies? Get a reality check 2fast2me!

No matter what shape either company was in before the merger, it was Y--Bill Zollars-- who went into debt $300M to buy R, then it was Y--Bill Zollars--who took both companies into debt another $330M to buy USF....now how is it R's fault that Y management went $630M in debt and screwed both companies? Get a reality check 2fast2me!

Trying not to put a stick in the hornets nest, but they borrowed just under a billion to by R, and just over a billion to purchase the 4 U companies.

Let me ry and understand this,, this is STILL all of the Big Rs fault,, when Zollars (a yella man) overpaid for not 1 but 2 trucklines,, who were profitable pre buyout/merger. 2 years after the merge, the original Yella bum (Zollars) was replaced by the savior Welch (another Yella management team member at one time),, he proceeds to fire a majority of what is left of R upper and middlemanagement (not all,, gotta make it look like he is not discriminating) and replaces it with old Yella upper and middle management,, in this time we donated another 1.7 billion of our money,, new and better computers were put in place to move freight more efficiently, weve had 2 more coos under the new Mesiah, the company is slowly dumping all the Roadway junk, which is the same junk the old Yella had, the company has been rebranded also under ole Welchy boy,, but yet the company still has yet to turn a profit. Now we can keep beating this arguement into the ground,, but old Welch has had 2 years of Yella people and things havent gotten any better,, so really who is to blame?? Why dont we just blame the regionals since they arent makin enough money to pay the Yella debt??:LMAO:

The ship is sinking and all the rats can do is blame each other for the consequences, look around y or r does not equal x
the captains at the bridge are probably laughing at what has happened to the crew, wtf at least stick together as brothers.
I have met the the enemy and it is us.

Roadway vs Yellow..... The Question...Who's at fault??....... The answer......neither one...They don't exist anymore......The Economy going over the financial cliff is more to blame... if the economy had remained strong and the demand for freight services continued....The Company most likely would have been able to meet its obligations.....The present problems with YRC are more of a result of the poor economy than any other single issue....

To those that insist in blaming Roadway Management or Yellow Management.....it's a moot point at this juncture....what does it matter ......Both Companys were not perfect.....Both Companys were basically good Companies that provided many people with good decent Union Jobs...Both Companys had there own loyal Employees that had pride in their employers....and now Both Companys are gone........

The important thing at this point is to remember that the Employees of Both Companys are still here...together...working for the same Company...YRCF..and hopefully that will continue well into the future......and that same spirit of "brand" loyalty can take root with the employees at YRCF...... That would go a long way towards channeling that energy into competing against those that want us to fail.......We should not be our own "enemies", as it were, we should be just as United as our competitors are united against us..

Think about what image your projecting to any who come to these forums.....and I think it would be fair to assume that Management comes here...the sales force.... potential customers.........the general public....... This is a website that the Public can access ...it is not our very own private little message board that only we can see......

pilot, I have NEVER wished for this company to go under, yes I do hate the YELLOW brand but not the men who I worked side by side with at YRC or Holland,, but when is enough enough?? This Yellow company has somehow striped us of everything that we have earned through negotiations or strikes, yet still cannot pay its debt, yet it still gives he B.O.D raises and pay increases while the men and women still get up everyday work in adverse weather and try to make the pos money so it can stay open, but are still asked to to take monetary cuts as well as pension and H&W. Now we both know this vote will ass either because Hoffa has a magic pen or the memebership as a majority is looking at a few more years and it can retire,, but when is enough enough,, I have 25 down and 20 more to go,, do you really think that this will be around until I can retire?? I dont,, I do not know how I am going to vote, but then again I have seen nothing in black in white telling me what these pricks want,, granted if its whats been posted, the I will vote no,, but I havents seen their final offer... But until YELLOW can figure out how to make this work is it really worth it??
I wish they wouldve dropped the R years ago!! Cause these Yella BOZOS have no idea how to make money by moving freight

pilot, I have NEVER wished for this company to go under, yes I do hate the YELLOW brand but not the men who I worked side by side with at YRC or Holland,, but when is enough enough?? This Yellow company has somehow striped us of everything that we have earned through negotiations or strikes, yet still cannot pay its debt, yet it still gives he B.O.D raises and pay increases while the men and women still get up everyday work in adverse weather and try to make the pos money so it can stay open, but are still asked to to take monetary cuts as well as pension and H&W. Now we both know this vote will ass either because Hoffa has a magic pen or the memebership as a majority is looking at a few more years and it can retire,, but when is enough enough,, I have 25 down and 20 more to go,, do you really think that this will be around until I can retire?? I dont,, I do not know how I am going to vote, but then again I have seen nothing in black in white telling me what these pricks want,, granted if its whats been posted, the I will vote no,, but I havents seen their final offer... But until YELLOW can figure out how to make this work is it really worth it??
I wish they wouldve dropped the R years ago!! Cause these Yella BOZOS have no idea how to make money by moving freight

Very well put! You know maybe they should try moving freight.... that usually MAKES $$$$$$$:6788: