XPO | YRC, going to lay off over 3,000 hourly

I love how these reporters do a nice "glaze over" story...They need to do their homework...Roadway, a regional unit..???!!!??? And there is no mention of cuts at Yellow, which is what was announced, and what everyone has been screaming about for the past 7 weeks..or are these 3750 jobs in addition to the integration..?? All this does is put more speculation into what may happen, further creating angst among the YRC workforce, which is really unfair to them..

It seems a bit "spun", and by all acoounts, financial analysts aren't buying it, but who was the spokesman in this article they never named..?? I wonder if Zollars, as he was putting out this memo, told somebody to go tell the media in Chicago that they were slashing 3750 more jobs...Doesn't make alot of sense...maybe it's just me..

Yellow is going to go out of business in the next 12 months if they are not careful. We are already getting Yellow business on our trucks from customers who are worried about it.

I dont like where the industry in general is going ... period... we ALL need to be concerned about it no matter WHO you work for....

It is times as these that CREATE OPPORTUNITY. Keep asking for the one extra shipment and if the freight gods want yrc to go out of business then so be it. If Con-Way and other LTL outfits remain lean and profitable they will be in prime postion to take market share of other LTL companies. Therefore securing your job. Still don't see the sky falling theory materializing.
I bought some YRC shares and Con-Way shares recently. If i lose on the yrc shares oh well.
I'll go back to shifting gears now

Let me explain this for all of you. Things are very bad for everyone. Not just Yellow or Roadway. Large Truckload carriers are taking huge hits too. Swift and Werner are both back in bankruptcy court for the third and fourth time fighting for their lifes. CFI is hurting some of you guys by taking work away from you too. We all need to stay focused on what is going on in this industry as a whole. If the Big dogs go out then soon everyones wages will go down too. When there are long unemployment lines, everyones jobs are in jeapordy. I am laid off from Yellow since March and had to go over the road with J.B. Hunt just to make a paycheck to feed my kids. This is the only work in Michigan right now, as I speak I am in a truck stop waiting for a load on Monday, making no money, just spending it to eat. Be very thankful right now you have a job and pray that things get better in this economy, OR YOU TOO WILL BE SCRAMBILING TO FIND WORK JUST TO KEEP FOOD ON THE TABLE.