Holland | YRC H&W in arears ???

Ziggy

TB Lurker
Credits
What are you guys hearing about YRC H&W payments being behind and a request for relief ? Would have put this in the rumor thread but got a call from our local and was told we have a major problem. :TR10driving03:

What are you guys hearing about YRC H&W payments being behind and a request for relief ? Would have put this in the rumor thread but got a call from our local and was told we have a major problem. :TR10driving03:
Like this should be a surprise!!!!!!

repent.jpg

My friend in Pittsburgh said they had a letter from their Local at the terminal stating this was the case. This was at the former Yellow terminal.

I'm sure there's a copy out there some where, does anybody have one they can post? This quoted post came from YRC's Rumor Thread.

You're right, it is the rumor thread, so come one, come all, get on here and lie yer asses off, have a picnic.

Here is the memorandum.

To: All NMFA Local Unions

Tyson Johnson, Co-Chairman, TNFINC

Date: April 6, 2009

RE: YRC Contributions to Pension Funds

It has come to our attention that representatives of YRC might be contacting Teamster Pension Funds and requesting that they defer for several months the Company's obligation to make pension contributions when due under the NMFA.

The National Freight Negotiating Committee has informed YRC that any discussions regarding the deferral of contributions to the Pension Funds is a mandatory subject of bargaining and must first be negotiated with, and agreed upon by, TNFINC. Prior to having any discussions with YRC regarding its pension obligations, the Union will obtain sufficient information from the Company's financial books and records to ensure how to best protect the pension rights of all affected Teamster freight members.

All Local Union officers, whether or not they also serve as pension fund trustees, are instructed not to make any agreements on behalf of their Local Unions with YRC regarding its pension contribution obligations until TNFINC determines the appropriate response following a review of YRC's financial records. If contacted by YRC representatives regarding deferral of pension obligations, Local Union officers should contact the International Union Freight Division at (202) 624-8761 and report the specific request made by the Company and the name of the representative making the request.

We will keep you informed of all developments on this very important matter.

I had to type this from the posted memo. I hope I didn't make any mistakes. It should be on all your bulletin boards. I'm sorry, this isn't a rumor, so it probably shouldn't be posted in this forum.

One if our guys called central states and was told that they are current right now. They have been flooded with calls the past couple of days.

One if our guys called central states and was told that they are current right now. They have been flooded with calls the past couple of days.
I guess I can believe Boilerpeddle just as much as anyone else posting on here. So there you have it!

Well here we go again, I don’t suppose I’ll get to vote no on
This one, not that it would matter. It just doesn’t end does it.

“YRC said in the SEC filing that it had 521 facilities, 37,000 employees and 16,700 trucks at the end of 2008. By the end of 2009, the company expects to have 34,000 employees and 14,000 trucks” and also only 400 facilities, these people cant throw the baby out with the bathwater fast enough.
I wonder how many of those 34,000 will be teamsters? Do the non union employees
Still go to a 5% pay cut and get their 401k contributions back in July? Did you all know that?
Its filed with the SEC I’m not making that up. So where does this end? When there’s only
A handful of us left selling what’s left of ourselves out? to do what??? Save jobs???
And as usual not a peep about any of this from our glorious teamster website, what a
Kick in the nadds.

I searched the entire Teamster website

I searched the whole Teamster website and found nothing about this and supposedly YRCW (Zollars) says it is true. I know it is posted on the TDU website. You would think if it wasn't true there would at least be a refudiation or something. It's hard to understand, though, how any bank would sign off on this. Very interesting for sure.

head out of sand

I searched the whole Teamster website and found nothing about this and supposedly YRCW (Zollars) says it is true. I know it is posted on the TDU website. You would think if it wasn't true there would at least be a refudiation or something. It's hard to understand, though, how any bank would sign off on this. Very interesting for sure.
Google this. Yrcw sec filings, then read what was filed april 13. This is the actual
Document filed by yrc. The teamsters website is useless unless you are blinded by
All the rah rah teamsters hype, they don’t care about us. The non union pay cuts
(or lack of) schedule was filed December 5. I don’t make this stuff up.

Sucks to be you guy's. Those b@$7@rds can't take anything away from me anymore. The last thing that those ***holes took from me was my job.