Holland | YRC Had a Meeting This Morning

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
I heard YRC had a meeting this morning at 10 A.M. and will release their restructuring plan for Holland within two weeks from today. Has anybody else heard anything yet?

I heard YRC had a meeting this morning at 10 A.M. and will release their restructuring plan for Holland within two weeks from today. Has anybody else heard anything yet?

Zollars stated "about two weeks" in the conference call on
January 28. (after voting deadline feb 8) its hard to get a guy to
Vote yes when you’re closing his job and selling the property.

Zollars Said It

Did anyone listen to the conference call to hear the facts??
There is no rumor or speculation involved when the man himself says
It’s going to happen. He said “restructure USF to a smaller footprint”
In white collar speak that means CLOSE TERMINALS…. For anyone out
There that doesn’t get it.
He said, then “sell off excess real-estate” that would be the place you
May work at right now that’s getting closed. He said two weeks because
Its to late to do anything about it after February 8. In case any of you don’t know
It, and I don’t see mention anywhere about it. Its not just us, the “restructure” has
Already started on they’re side of the glass. Ask your manager or supervisor how
Many of them got canned system wide Friday? 65 and counting so far according
To a supervisor and the manager here, they are very nervous too because they know
Its just starting. So much for the promises they got too.

Good Luck All

Dang, I just cant leave this alone even though its already too late, I tried
So hard to wake people up, show them the facts, give them the big picture
As best I could but in the end the propaganda and the ignorance won out.
“Never try teaching a pig to sing” I guess. This is how bush got elected TWICE,
Once may have been an honest mistake but twice ?? Duhh wutt. Crap I give
Up. A lot of you are going to be unemployed before long or trying to make ends
Meet on way less or maybe Yule be working that $14 an hour job they offer you.
Some of you may luck out and not see much change, maybe.
Either way this was a sellout contract and I voted no. restructure for us starts next
Week and best of luck to all of you, I mean that.

Dockster,
I admire you for sticking to your guns. I don't think though that the ratification, or not, of this contract will make any difference in the plans YRC has already made for restructuring. I too wish everybody all the best in whatever happens.

another post

Originally Posted by stick
If you listen to the confrance call monday $bill said they had 22 million set aside for severance so they can go a head with the changes.That will be alot of job losses the way i look at it

they also talked about money to be made off
the sold terminals.....

Thanks

Dockster,
I admire you for sticking to your guns. I don't think though that the ratification, or not, of this contract will make any difference in the plans YRC has already made for restructuring. I too wish everybody all the best in whatever happens.

HEY WE WENT DOWN WITH A FIGHT !
if only the rest of the team showed up.

dont believe anything u hear.........until u see it in writing.......lots of luck:hide:

Well, I see by your rep points and fairly new status to TB you must be a pretty good post master. I have been incorrect a few times and I have been correct a few times too. Let's just say that I have PM'ed a few close and trusted friends on TB with a little more info than I'm telling on the general posting boards. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong, we'll all just have to wait and see. But I do have some very "in the know" type sources that sometimes get it right. I've got to get ready to go so keep your eyes and ears open and pray, pray, pray. :beerchug:

Wait a second

Well, I see by your rep points and fairly new status to TB you must be a pretty good post master. I have been incorrect a few times and I have been correct a few times too. Let's just say that I have PM'ed a few close and trusted friends on TB with a little more info than I'm telling on the general posting boards. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong, we'll all just have to wait and see. But I do have some very "in the know" type sources that sometimes get it right. I've got to get ready to go so keep your eyes and ears open and pray, pray, pray. :beerchug:
Hold on Benny, I need you to point out the times you've been correct. I find that if you're not putting up a constructive post with good ideas, you're putting out a far reaching thought that provokes a lot of "the sky is falling" ideas. I'm not labeling that as a bad thing; I like to stop people dead in their tracks and use their brain too. Regardless of what trusted high ranking suit you know, I've seen a lot of your "Black Friday" type posts (with proclaimed deadline dates), come and go with nothing but the sun setting on them. And while I'm on the Friday subject, haven't the last few major closures from CF on forward come on a Monday?

In Solidarity.............

Originally Posted by stick
If you listen to the confrance call monday $bill said they had 22 million set aside for severance so they can go a head with the changes.That will be alot of job losses the way i look at it

they also talked about money to be made off
the sold terminals.....[/QUOT Thanks Dockster Iam glad a few people are listing to what is being said.:1036316054:

Its to late to do anything about it after February 8. In case any of you don’t know
It, and I don’t see mention anywhere about it. Its not just us, the “restructure” has
Already started on they’re side of the glass. Ask your manager or supervisor how
To a supervisor and the manager here, they are very nervous too because they know

I listened and read the transcript. I know for a fact that they're scared sh--less, because a I got a good "chewing out" when I posted a copy of the Friday 1/25/08 KC star article in our breakroom. It seems as though the YRC hatchet is finally starting to fall after 3 long years:nutkick::1036316054:
By the way, I'm not allowed in the shop anymore, because I gave them a copy of it too.:hysterical:

Here at Yellow in COL our freight dropped after YRC expanded Holland. Holland took big chunks of our CA and TX, I guess they interlined it with Reddaway. Holland hired about 25- 30 Guys, we had about 12 leave that were never replaced than about 5 laid off before our big change in the middle of last year. Holland has always been a leader in its market area. I believe that alot of the recently hired will get laid off however as you concentrate on the next day business, if YRC doesn't blow it, you will eventually gain market share enough to hire again. My
Father retired from Holland about 8 years ago. I worked for them right after they went together with National Transit in the 70's, its a great company mainly due to the fact the guys that work there have a team attitude and very little management. I hope it returns to that philosophy. One statement made at the Conf was a change in the level of management that sounded like less. We have already seen evidence of the combined sales force here in COL, a customer told our City Manager that Holland told him to call us for a shipment going to UT. New Penn is successful
the way they operate but Holland was successful they way you were before YRC took you over. I think if they were smart they would try to retun you to the way you were instead of trying to make you like New Penn.

Good Luck.

We are told the northern terminals are the ones that make the money and the south drags them down.The south is hard core there is a lot of freight haulers down here,Averitt,AAA cooper,Southeastern,Old Diminion just to name a few.And they give 80 and 90 percent discounts like candy.Theres not a industrial park around every corner like in CO,IN or CH,DE,or any of those terminals.We have guys that drive 300 miles in the city every day.They the competition puts 15 to 20 deliverys a day on there city drivers thats not counting pick ups.The competition is crazy they will haul anything.Just wonted everyone to know that the southern terminals arent just setting around cashing our checks.Smaller foot print i wonder why.

its over

Well we tried our best, those of us that saw this coming.
All the evidence was there clear as day and in all our efforts to educate
People with the facts we failed to beat ignorance, we told them all what zollars
Said he was going to do on that conference call, all they had to do was listen.
Who did they all listen too instead? The ignorant. The idiot in the break room
Or the idiot on the cb or the idiot manager (all now unemployed) it just blows my
Mind how thick these people are and no matter what you put in front of them
They refuse to see it. I promise you all that if im still around next contract, and
I doubt it seriously, you wont hear a peep out of me. Whatever the next big screwing
Sellout contract is, it will go thru same as this one did. All the same people will buy
All the same lies because bubba in the break room who knows jack sh/t said it was true.
Im done with this forum, I was on a mission here to try and save our @sses from what is now
Unfolding but it was a complete waist of time, at one time it was us, the brotherhood, now its
The ibt in bed with the highest bidder and we are nowhere in the mix. This contract was a done
Deal from day one. That secret ballet you got? You may as well have wiped your @ss with it.
Remember the thoughts you had running thru your mind before checking those boxes?
They meant nothing to the ibt or yrc, just you, and we don’t matter anymore. I just realized
Im talking to the wall again, duh.

daywalker that a good speech they gave to everyone but think about everyone them companys you named run up north to if there giving 80 to 90 down here there doing up there to as well. the south has always been the blame they say we all in bound no outbound you have to blame someone they say. and dockster you said it they way it needed to be said