FedEx Freight | YRC Hiring drivers.....

They have to call back all laid off before hiring. I'm hearing that a lot are not going back because they have found a better job with Freddy Smith Express.:1sm364jumpbed:

well of course they need 200 drivers hell the just displaced a few hundred nationwide dont think too many people wanted to relocate all across the country. so all their really doing is filling in the spots from people that quit.

ABOUT TIME!!! I'm outta here. Got my CDL to drive, not fork. I'm done with the rumors, change of operations, no respect for the linhaul driver- and low moral. Who's with me? I'm getting out before they buy another company, and knock me/us down any lower. If it gets any worse here, I'll be painting dock posts and parking spaces...

When I'm not working here, I can work there. Five days is five days, no matter how I can get it- I just need it...

Don't short sell YRC just yet...

They have done the opposite of FedEx...they un-merged their operation...separating the individual entities.

While FedEx was busy putting all their eggs in one basket...YRC diversified. They are using the two tiered method...the selfsame model FedEx was using.

Offering the customers options...with a variety of companies.

This could get interesting.

Rat

Don't short sell YRC just yet...

They have done the opposite of FedEx...they un-merged their operation...separating the individual entities.

While FedEx was busy putting all their eggs in one basket...YRC diversified. They are using the two tiered method...the selfsame model FedEx was using.

Offering the customers options...with a variety of companies.

This could get interesting.

Rat

I agree Rat. I believe YRC is going to turn that puppy around. Good for them.

They seem to have real leadership now.

The BOD and the IBT managed to rid themselves of Zollars...a positive move. Too bad it took so long.

Rat

Yes, and they can go back at 75% of the 85% of NMFA...so 75% of $19 per hour...where's my calculator...a whopping $14.25 per hour to start. Or they can start for us at nearly $20 per hour....hum.....no brainer.

ST

They seem to have real leadership now.

The BOD and the IBT managed to rid themselves of Zollars...a positive move. Too bad it took so long.

Rat

Don't kid yourself Rat, it won't work. Study the 2014 smog rules. YRC has the oldest junk tractors in the ltl business. And they all have to meet smog in 2014. So they can either replace every tractor in their fleet (UPS/FedEx approach) by then, or they can retrofit them with both EGR and SCR (DEF) by then, at an estimated cost of $20,000 per unit (EPA website estimate). How can they replace 10,000+ units in the next 24 months at a cost of close to $100,000 each? Or retrofit? or pay huge fines to EPA for failing to meet the smog requirements????

ST

Don't kid yourself Rat, it won't work. Study the 2014 smog rules. YRC has the oldest junk tractors in the ltl business. And they all have to meet smog in 2014. So they can either replace every tractor in their fleet (UPS/FedEx approach) by then, or they can retrofit them with both EGR and SCR (DEF) by then, at an estimated cost of $20,000 per unit (EPA website estimate). How can they replace 10,000+ units in the next 24 months at a cost of close to $100,000 each? Or retrofit? or pay huge fines to EPA for failing to meet the smog requirements????

ST

A single axle daycab still costs 100K?? Wow, I wish I was the guy selling 'em at that price.

Honey, I'm home. Actually I've been gone for 9 days on a cruise to Alaska. Now before all you whiners get on my case, Little Red and I took my 88 year old Mother with us. All I can say is, it was an experience. Now on the YRCF is hiring. As much as I hate to agree with ST, what he said in part 1-2 makes sense. YRCF is in deep financial trouble, and the best management team in the world still needs a financial wizard to convenience the money people that they can turn a profit despite their financial losses. "I didn't get my CDL to work the dock". I'm the first to agree, the current FXF system sucks, but your still working. Now you have abandon ship, and got a job with YRCF, because your a trucker, well actually your a casual. I would suggest getting a comfortable chair near the phone. It's been some time since I worked in a union shop, but I believe you have to work 30 days in a row before you can join the union, if you miss a day, you go back to square one. Gee, I wonder if YRCF knows this? So far no one has mention the Teamster Pension that YRCF is currently paying 25 % into. That means you work 4 years for one year of pension. Look for the current program to be renegotiated by YRCF because they are still Losing Money. The faster I go the behinder I get, does that ring a bell? I really hope YRCF makes it, and for all you truckers who are looking for greener pastures, I hope your happy with your future choices, and stay healthy because you won't have any benefits. Happy Trails TP

ST

Right.

This isn't going to happen.

The fed will simply extend the deadline as no carrier will be able to meet the deadline. FedEx, ConWay, R&L, Estes, et al...all have none compliant trucks on the road...as does YRC.

Are they going to replace them to meet the mandate?

No...they cannot afford to.

Its one thing to make a law...it is another to enforce it. The industry will not be able to comply in the time frame allowed. The Fed knows this...and will extend the deadline. This way it looks good on paper and satiates John Q. and the tree huggers.

Al Gore and the Heinz family will be happy...

"Once again there is peace in the galaxy"....

Rat