YRC Holland very close to closing the doors

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by HowlerMonkey, Jan 26, 2014.

1. HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey Member

I spoke with several Conway employees that had no idea how close YRCW and subsidiaries are to actually closing the doors for good.

Looks like the majority voted yes from all the sites I've viewed today so they'll be around until the next go round if it's indeed a yes. The president of the company said there was no backup and sent out a letter to employees including Holland explaining that if this weekends vote fails to pass, the company has no plans to make any other offers or attempts to restructure the company debt and warned that Holland will go down with YRC.

This contract is through 2019, Pension contributions will be 75% below 2010 levels, Part time non-cdl employees get a higher top out (no longer frozen) , Full time employees get no raise for the 1st 2 years but will get a one time bonus that equals less than $800 in place of the 2 years worth of hourly raises. The 3rd year could get a raise but offset by wage cuts already agreed to (15% wage reduction). Up to 6% of roadwork sub-contracted out.
    Here's a link YRC has nothing more to offer workers if weekend's ratification vote fails, unit CEO says – DC Velocity

It looks like it was a yes so hopefully everyone gets to keep their job and things work out for the best.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
  2. HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey Member

OOPS. Wrong link, EDITED

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
  3. blaze

blaze Member

Look at the date on your link 1/9/2014

4. HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey Member

Shooooweee, Okay, thanks for pointing that out… I wondered how it turned around so quick lol. . Everything I've seen leans towards a pretty dominant yes. I've been going to several sites today looking at results.

5. Con-F-Trucker

Con-F-Trucker Active Member

they don't want to loose there jobs I don't really Blame them this Economy still sucks and unemployment sucks even more better to have a little meat on the table than no meat !!

6. jackman12747

jackman12747 Member

Wonder what conway managements going to do the next 4yrs.

7. Con-F-Trucker

They are going to get leaner !! Only Problem is it wont be where its needed they will be overinflated in Management and lean on actual work force !

8. Trkphil

Trkphil Member

Thanks for the support , I would just retire be 65 next month I still voted for it. I

9. Rollin62

Rollin62 Well-Known Member

They'll scratch their head and ask themselves" how are they still in buisness?

10. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

probably wondering why their 90% discount didn't work and thinking of new ways to try and put YRC out

11. Con-F-Trucker

sometimes you scratch **** too much and you may scratch yourself out !

12. pltjack

pltjack My posts are for poor entertainment only!

I may be wrong, but I suppose YRC would put Conway out of business if that were possible.

13. jackman12747

jackman12747 Member

No they wouldn't do that they would just buy them out and borrow 100 percent of thee money.

14. pltjack

pltjack My posts are for poor entertainment only!

Would we then be dove tailed in with our union brothers?

15. peckerwood

peckerwood Member

YRC top dogs are bluffing and within 10 years they will be busting at the seems with freight and money.

16. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

NOT , bank deal was done today Friday 1-31-2014 , YRC/Holland is good to go till 2019 ans beyond !! also NO Camera's in our trucks , Quit and come on over HowlerMonkey !!!

17. HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey Member

Wow, thanks for the invite man. In my area, an hourly employee at top pay (at both places) would lose over $600 per month doing that based on 45 hours a week. This week I'm right at 50hrs which would would be an even bigger loss.

If and when I quit conway, it probably won't be for another LTL / possibly UPS freight. I miss being a tanker yanker. I'd like to get with a really good company hauling cryogenics but in my area getting on directly and not with a 3rd party hauler isn't easy. The best driving jobs rarely hire.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  18. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

LOL that must be why Con-way is always hiring... It certainly isn't because of growth...

19. HowlerMonkey

HowlerMonkey Member

The only one in my area that never seems to hire is UPS freight. I have no idea if Conway is growing or not, I just know they've been keeping me busy.

20. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

Now that the new contract is passed, you will see them hiring and replacing contractors. All laid off drivers will have to have their jobs offered back first...