XPO | YRC Holland very close to closing the doors

HowlerMonkey

TB Lurker
Credits
I spoke with several Conway employees that had no idea how close YRCW and subsidiaries are to actually closing the doors for good.

Looks like the majority voted yes from all the sites I've viewed today so they'll be around until the next go round if it's indeed a yes. The president of the company said there was no backup and sent out a letter to employees including Holland explaining that if this weekends vote fails to pass, the company has no plans to make any other offers or attempts to restructure the company debt and warned that Holland will go down with YRC.

This contract is through 2019, Pension contributions will be 75% below 2010 levels, Part time non-cdl employees get a higher top out (no longer frozen) , Full time employees get no raise for the 1st 2 years but will get a one time bonus that equals less than $800 in place of the 2 years worth of hourly raises. The 3rd year could get a raise but offset by wage cuts already agreed to (15% wage reduction). Up to 6% of roadwork sub-contracted out.
Here's a link YRC has nothing more to offer workers if weekend's ratification vote fails, unit CEO says – DC Velocity

It looks like it was a yes so hopefully everyone gets to keep their job and things work out for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the date on your link 1/9/2014
Shooooweee, Okay, thanks for pointing that out… I wondered how it turned around so quick lol. . Everything I've seen leans towards a pretty dominant yes. I've been going to several sites today looking at results.

they don't want to loose there jobs I don't really Blame them this Economy still sucks and unemployment sucks even more better to have a little meat on the table than no meat !!

Shooooweee, Okay, thanks for pointing that out… I wondered how it turned around so quick lol. . Everything I've seen leans towards a pretty dominant yes. I've been going to several sites today looking at results.

NOT , bank deal was done today Friday 1-31-2014 , YRC/Holland is good to go till 2019 ans beyond !! also NO Camera's in our trucks , Quit and come on over HowlerMonkey !!!

NOT , bank deal was done today Friday 1-31-2014 , YRC/Holland is good to go till 2019 ans beyond !! also NO Camera's in our trucks , Quit and come on over HowlerMonkey !!!

Wow, thanks for the invite man. In my area, an hourly employee at top pay (at both places) would lose over $600 per month doing that based on 45 hours a week. This week I'm right at 50hrs which would would be an even bigger loss.

If and when I quit conway, it probably won't be for another LTL / possibly UPS freight. I miss being a tanker yanker. I'd like to get with a really good company hauling cryogenics but in my area getting on directly and not with a 3rd party hauler isn't easy. The best driving jobs rarely hire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thanks for the invite man. In my area, an hourly employee at top pay would lose over $600 per month doing that based on 45 hours a week. This week I'm right at 50hrs which would would be an even bigger loss.

If and when I quit conway, it probably won't be for another LTL / possibly UPS freight. I miss being a tanker yanker. I'd like to get with a really good company hauling cryogenics but in my area getting on directly and not with a 3rd party hauler isn't easy. The best driving jobs rarely hire.

LOL that must be why Con-way is always hiring... It certainly isn't because of growth...

The only one in my area that never seems to hire is UPS freight. I have no idea if Conway is growing or not, I just know they've been keeping me busy.

Now that the new contract is passed, you will see them hiring and replacing contractors. All laid off drivers will have to have their jobs offered back first...