Holland | YRC/Hollands plan to get caught up...

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
I bet the plan is to try and handle all of the freight that we have let set in trailers this week on Friday. From what I've been reading everybody is doing the same thing, handling what they can and then coming back the next day and trying again. With the latest layoffs everybody is short handed so Good Friday will be "CLEAN-UP" day at Holland.

Service Update Announcement

Please Note: USF Holland regards Good Friday (3/21/2008) as a holiday and
non service day. We will be running small operations based upon over 60% of
our customers being closed. While we will pickup Guaranteed and Expedited
shipments we will not recognize the due date until Monday 3/24/08.

Click on Hollands website to see this page:

http://www.usfc.com/NewsDocuments/Good Friday Plan for EG Shipments updated.pdf

They as usual had a signoff sheet for Good Friday but are only giving days to guys requesting paid time. I went ahead and burned a vacation day because I am just sick of it this week. Ok I have been sick of it for a while now this was just an excuse.

Up here in GY we had only 5, out of our 23 guys left, work on Friday. They were going to put out fires if needed and load loads for Monday am.

I wonder why we don't get paid for such a big business holiday that everyone else has off work??:hide: HMMMM!!!

no one has try-ed to put it in contract proposals , they will never just pay us come on Shoeman you know that. they don't even think we need sick days and vacation time let alone holidays

Not to rub it in but Good Friday is a paid holiday for us here on the east coast.
We traded the Good Friday paid day, for the Friday after Thanksgiving Day many moons ago. It is a nice FOUR day weekend. But, let me guess, you guys get that Friday after Thanksgiving off paid also!:chairshot: Just kidding.

We traded the Good Friday paid day, for the Friday after Thanksgiving Day many moons ago. It is a nice FOUR day weekend. But, let me guess, you guys get that Friday after Thanksgiving off paid also!:chairshot: Just kidding.

Actually we do have that day off. I don't remember what day we gave up for it

yea ,you dont remember much, do you rememder how much 401k company match you gave up ... to be a union bytch
USF523, I have asked myself several times why I even read anything that you write. You must be mad at the world or something. You obviously only get on here to talk trash. You clearly have an IQ much lower than normal. Enjoy your stay in my ignore list. Feel proud that you are the first to ever make it there. I am tired of your anti-union crap. Enjoy your stay.:chairshot:

They as usual had a signoff sheet for Good Friday but are only giving days to guys requesting paid time. I went ahead and burned a vacation day because I am just sick of it this week. Ok I have been sick of it for a while now this was just an excuse.

I seen a list in KC assking city if they wanted CC for this day