ABF | YRC May Close If Chicago Votes No

mustache

TB Legend
Credits
December 2, 2009: YRCW will close if 1500 Teamsters in Chicago don’t take a $1.16 per hour pay cut: that’s what IBT Freight Director Tyson Johnson and IBT vice president Pat Flynn have told the YRC Teamsters.

On Dec. 1-2, YRC management gave time to Flynn and Johnson to offer a hard sell to Local 705 and 710 Teamsters at the four Chicagoland YRC and Holland terminals.

New Threat: YRC May Close If Chicago Votes No | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

December 2, 2009: YRCW will close if 1500 Teamsters in Chicago don’t take a $1.16 per hour pay cut: that’s what IBT Freight Director Tyson Johnson and IBT vice president Pat Flynn have told the YRC Teamsters.

On Dec. 1-2, YRC management gave time to Flynn and Johnson to offer a hard sell to Local 705 and 710 Teamsters at the four Chicagoland YRC and Holland terminals.

New Threat: YRC May Close If Chicago Votes No | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

That's what roughly $185.00 a month based on a 40 hour week. About $2200.00 to $2300.00 a year. My math could be a little fuzzy.

Is this the TDU trying to spread fear? No one will know until the bond holders decide. We will all know the fate of YRC when Bill Zollars wants us to know. We can all guess and throw out our opinions but why stress over the unknown? I know Santa Clause will still be stopping at my house. That is what I KNOW!

I'll bet Chicago's vote has nothing to do with it. Management is made up of a bunch of egotistical A**holes that will only plot revenge at any cost.

I just have to ask this question. What the hell does this issue have to do with the ABF guys? I know we should be concerned, and we are, but that is why we visit to the YRC thread.

Is this the TDU trying to spread fear? No one will know until the bond holders decide. We will all know the fate of YRC when Bill Zollars wants us to know. We can all guess and throw out our opinions but why stress over the unknown? I know Santa Clause will still be stopping at my house. That is what I KNOW!

no this is what yrc is doing to get what they want. they were gonna close no only the ridge, but make chgo hts a city terminal how many dock guys were gonna get permanent layoffs? all but 5%. because there wasnt gonna be a break there anymore. better to give them the 5% collateralized concession, than be completely out of a job, ithink.

I just have to ask this question. What the hell does this issue have to do with the ABF guys? I know we should be concerned, and we are, but that is why we visit to the YRC thread.

it's because the abf guys are getting railroaded into the mess because they wrok in the freight division. YRc thread is a mess.

if and i say if yrc pulls through all of this, it will be okay in the long run, if they dont, have someone file a grievance and get the 710 area wide yard, dock and wharehouse agreement back for your guys.