ABF | YRC Mc Reynolds Lie

At first I thought YRC could not get financing for the ABF acquisition but I now see it is very possible. ABF has much less debt than YRC & owns it's property & most of the equipment which is the newest & best maintained LTL fleet in this country. YRC could run this equipment for several years with little cost compared to what they have. All of the road fleet & most of the city fleet is 2007 or newer EPA emission compliant & can legally run anywhere. If the ABF contract vote fails there would be no contract or pension liability for YRC to assume. If they were forced to hire some ABF employees they would work for 15% less & 25% pension payment for two more years. If the acquisition was ruled a buyout instead of a merger the new employees would start at the new hire rate with no vacation. YRC would assume the ABF freight contracts. For two years YRC would make a profit with the lower employee cost & would reap a windfall if added employees were hired as new hires with no seniority.
Arkansas Best Corporation would be free of the pension obligation that has been hanging like an albatross around it's neck for so long.
The assets of ABF are worth more than the stock value so YRC could operate for a few years with profit then liquidate the real estate & the lenders would get fat off of their investment. Yes I think YRC could get financing for this acquisition.

No Reason to worry about YRCW right now, If YRCW is going to buy ABF then it will happen whether if this contract is passed or not.

FEAR IS YOUR WORST ENEMY AND THE ONLY THING THAT CAN HURT YOU. WORRY ABOUT THIS CONTRACT FIRST, NOT YRC
To those who fear the YRC scam:AS I UNDERSTAND IT, should YRC aquire another union carrier they either snap back to full rate or to the level of the other company if it is higher. Read your contract on purchases and mergers. Also a great deal of the real estate is leased(cant sell what you dont own) I will have to look at the registration cards in power unit but at one time they were all leased also. furthermore where is the great benefit to YRC now? Do they need more trailers? Without a large amt or real estate to sell this deal is what it appears to be BS. On top of that for what it would cost to buy ABF as opposed to buying what they needed IMO YRC would be far ahead to just buy new power units.FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG

ABF stock prices back in MARCH was LOWER than they are now.. ( YRC, WANTED to make a move then)..... IF the deal was going to be done, it would have HAPPENED when the meeting transpired or before & we never would have known anything about it.....
I AM STILL voting ' NO' !!! I have no FEAR of Judy and ABF ( I do fear 'GOD')... cuts are going to me made regardless !!! Let's not fall for this scare-tactic !!!

The higher rate does prevail but the contract for ABF will be expired. Since there will be no existing ABF contract the YRC rate will prevail.

If the vote fails to pass and YRC buys ABF it would be a buy not a merge to preserve the ABF brand. ABF would run the company but any job loss from any cuts in the ABF network would be all ABF job loses since you can't dove-tail in to a separate company. ABF will reduce terminals and manpower if the vote does pass so it looks like a no win situation. ABF and YRC need to join forces so they both have a shot to survive. Yellow and Roadway merged and it became YRC. New Penn. Holland and ABF fly their own flag. Some of you conspiracy driven people might have a hard time understanding ABF and YRC need to bond like Roadway Yellow New Penn Holland bonded in the name of reduced competition and reduced capacity

If the vote fails to pass and YRC buys ABF it would be a buy not a merge to preserve the ABF brand. ABF would run the company but any job loss from any cuts in the ABF network would be all ABF job loses since you can't dove-tail in to a separate company. ABF will reduce terminals and manpower if the vote does pass so it looks like a no win situation. ABF and YRC need to join forces so they both have a shot to survive. Yellow and Roadway merged and it became YRC. New Penn. Holland and ABF fly their own flag. Some of you conspiracy driven people might have a hard time understanding ABF and YRC need to bond like Roadway Yellow New Penn Holland bonded in the name of reduced competition and reduced capacity
Get a clue ... Yrc and new penn are side by side at the same customers picking up freight that can be serviced by one or the other.. Wonder why yrc can't make money?? Because they have two trucks.. Two drivers picking up one skid each from the same dam customer..
Anyone who thinks that a buy or merger of ABF and yrc will keep them both open is drinking too much koolaid.
Not giving an opinion on how you should vote because its not my company.. But I can say kudos to all of you for voting no the last time..
But this is a new battle.. Choose your weapon wisely....just make sure it's not the union you choose to battle for you

Get a clue ... Yrc and new penn are side by side at the same customers picking up freight that can be serviced by one or the other.. Wonder why yrc can't make money?? Because they have two trucks.. Two drivers picking up one skid each from the same dam customer..
Anyone who thinks that a buy or merger of ABF and yrc will keep them both open is drinking too much koolaid.
Not giving an opinion on how you should vote because its not my company.. But I can say kudos to all of you for voting no the last time..
But this is a new battle.. Choose your weapon wisely....just make sure it's not the union you choose to battle for you

Then if a customer calls New Penn for a pick it's okay for YRC to show and make the pick up. Get a clue. Roadway bought New Penn because you were robbing their freight. At least now the money goes to Overland Park no matter who picks it up. And make sure you don't pick a fight with the union. You cannot win

As long as you are preoccupied with YRC it keeps you from debating the real issue, the horrific contact offer that ABF is using to bust the union & the IBT is allowing to happen. it's their dream distraction. Haven't we learned anything from the Government since 9-11 If you want to distract the public elevate the terror alert & scare them it's the same thing here

Extension expires June 30th. July 1 with a no vote, no contract...
Without another extension at least till the votes are counted and no idea of the out come we DONT WORK OR THEY LOCK US OUT DUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!! although Im sure some here would be around back trying to crawl under the fence, PLEEEAAASE LET ME IN I VOTED YES JUST LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO :notworthy:

Without another extension at least till the votes are counted and no idea of the out come we DONT WORK OR THEY LOCK US OUT DUUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!! although Im sure some here would be around back trying to crawl under the fence, PLEEEAAASE LET ME IN I VOTED YES JUST LIKE YOU TOLD ME TO :notworthy:
Votes will be counted before the 30th. We will know before the extension expires whether or not we have a contract... DUH?

Hello Fellow Teamsters ABFers, My first time on this forum, as we all know this lies and mis representations are flying around, however the YRC acquiring ABF never flew with me, I read and read, asked questions, looked into. Found this article.

Report: YRC made bid to acquire ABF Freight (Updated) | Business, Political, and Cultural News in Fort Smith and Northwest Arkansas

It states neither YRC nor ABF filed any documents with SEC stating YRC made an offer to buy ABF. I also searched the SEC and ABF website which has to be made public and neither contains any documents containing a report or filing of an offer or takeover bid. ABF's last SEC 10Q report to SEC was dated March 31st 2013, no mention..

The YRC buyout thing is a union busting tactic between Welch and McReynolds,, a Wall Street man and WalMart woman,,,,, who better to dupe old school lazy, bide your time leadership Teamster negotiators who don't know numbers and fell for the oldest trick in the books!! paying attention to Numbers!!!

How do we vote for a Company who Lies to us? AND She really can be brought under investigation for lying to any ABF stockholders for stating she reported this buyout offer to SEC...

Summary of ARKANSAS BEST CORP /DE/ - Yahoo! Finance .....KK

As long as you are preoccupied with YRC it keeps you from debating the real issue, the horrific contact offer that ABF is using to bust the union & the IBT is allowing to happen. it's their dream distraction. Haven't we learned anything from the Government since 9-11 If you want to distract the public elevate the terror alert & scare them it's the same thing here

THANK YOU!, at least someone is still focused on that POS contract that was negotiated....THAT is the real issue here Brothers & Sisters!....KK

Hmmm....didn't ABF say they LOST 21M in the 1st Q and YRCW MADE 9.5M in the 1st Q last week, or did I mis-read that?....KK

I don’t think anyone truly believes ABFS lost 21Million in the first Quarter of 2013. Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors, and more smoke and mirrors!

So YRC and McReynolds are accused of lying. The sons of a monkeys ass that they are.:ranting2: You never know. When YRC threatened to shut down New Penn and end-tail them behind YRC teamsters the hell no vote quickly became a hell ya. There is nothing worse than the best of the best end-tailing behind YRC. It works every-time. Think you have what it takes to face your fears? An old teamster cliche-'it's gut check time'

Last edited by a moderator:
So YRC and McReynolds are accused of lying. The sons of a monkeys ass that they are.:ranting2: You never know. When YRC threatened to shut down New Penn and end-tail them behind YRC teamsters the hell no vote quickly became a hell ya. There is nothing worse than the best of the best end-tailing behind YRC. It works every-time. Think you have what it takes to face your fears? An old teamster cliche-'it's gut check time'
joes back, what will this be the 8th time he gets the boot????