Yellow | Yrc Mou on new pilot program. Anybody know anything about this?

Contrast this proposal to the reality of cartage. Initially cartage is very humble and appreciates the work. But, people being as they are, they inevitably come to see it as their work. And, you mister union man are a threat to their business. At first you hear what might be vague hints that they intend to protect their interests. Then those hints give way to outright threats to protect what they feel they have a right to. Fortunately, I think we are only at the hint dropping stage.
Now, add to this connections between those on the company payroll and cartage, and you have a cesspool.

I know Mr.Ware wants a second class of class B drivers because he told me face to face when I was talking to him about the unhealthy growth at our company.
Buy some more damn straight trucks and hang some straight truck bids.
If they need something smaller than a straight truck and plan to pay them 20 bucks an hour we got plenty of drivers in Atlanta that would love that bid.
Pay their asses 17 per hour or pay us 25 per hour.
As far as 70 in 8 ,I’m ok with it because it isn’t going to happen to anyone that doesn’t want it happen.
We have severall guys that can’t cover their bid on Friday. In those instances I think it would be good if they could get a few pick ups or finish their deliveries before rushing back to yard in order to comply with 60 hour rule.

Shouldn't there be a vote on this how can they just add an MOU?
Exactly!!! Who the $#@% do Hoffa and Soehl think they are, signing on to something that is a detriment to our pay scale, and not even TALKING with us about it first, much less getting our vote on it? This gives every one of these terminals incentive to buy, rent, beg, borrow or steal box trucks in order to reduce our sub-par pay scale even more! That's CRAP!!!

Saw this on Facebook.
Why is Ernie
So CANT move freight at 62mph & at -15% pay , BUT now YRCW wants you to work more hours at -15% pay and put unskilled non-cdl driver's in straight box trucks at -15% pay ???? pretty sad and kinda says they are not planning on any pay raises in 2019 ............
The more I think about it- only an idiot makes this move 4 months before the contract expires. Way to **** away any leverage you might have had Ernie! Now the company can claim that they really don’t need to pay drivers that much more because they’ll have these straight truck drivers to pick up and deliver the freight. And it’ll all be at over $2 an hour less then they are paying the real drivers now.
Why is Ernie in there representing this bullshit! Who brought this to him to even be considered. This does not help the rank and file. The reason we are not making any money and the pt is getting better runs than the drivers is because Ernie met with the company under these last coo's to change runs and close strong barns. New Jersey WAKE up and vote him the he'll out of there!!!!!

I know Mr.Ware wants a second class of class B drivers because he told me face to face when I was talking to him about the unhealthy growth at our company.
Buy some more damn straight trucks and hang some straight truck bids.
If they need something smaller than a straight truck and plan to pay them 20 bucks an hour we got plenty of drivers in Atlanta that would love that bid.
Pay their asses 17 per hour or pay us 25 per hour.
As far as 70 in 8 ,I’m ok with it because it isn’t going to happen to anyone that doesn’t want it happen.
We have severall guys that can’t cover their bid on Friday. In those instances I think it would be good if they could get a few pick ups or finish their deliveries before rushing back to yard in order to comply with 60 hour rule.
And. What is the problem. A 60 hour work week is a 60 hour work week. If they do not have enough drivers then raise the pay to be able to hire these drivers. Ernie is not representing you or your interests by agreeing to this. ( The mou states they can take No more than 15% from your check. So at anytime they can take less say 0% Or 7%! This would enable them to hire more drivers. And also Your family would be better off by a bigger check! Ernie is not helping us, he is kissing company butt. The question is Why?

Exactly!!! Who the $#@% do Hoffa and Soehl think they are, signing on to something that is a detriment to our pay scale, and not even TALKING with us about it first, much less getting our vote on it? This gives every one of these terminals incentive to buy, rent, beg, borrow or steal box trucks in order to reduce our sub-par pay scale even more! That's CRAP!!!

Where is the hysteria for non-union, non-cd(possibly illegal) workers picking up, and delivering YRC freight right NOW? Not just a few of these trucks, but MANY!! Every DAY! NON-UNION!!! FOR YEARS! Why no hysteria until now?

TM and I discussed this today.

I can see nothing positive about it.
Voluntary is a bit too vague for my taste, some may choose to participate. I only see it taking 70 hours to do what previously took 60.

At my age, I need my rest.

Wage differentiation between qualifications is a can of worms.

Junior men, less qualified able to avoid work forced on the senior more qualified.

It stinks.

Less qualified personnel able to take new straight trucks over senior men because they are less qualified.

It stinks.

May I add, releasing this today, before the Thanksgiving Holiday, without discussion and knowing many are on vacation is underhanded.

It stinks!

If the company wants to discuss changes at this late date, open the contract and let’s negotiate. Quit the ‘end around play.’

This really stinks!!
This was done now because they know this would be a NO vote in the contract negotiations.

Hoffa and Ernie just suck!!

nhZ08wQ.jpg

NO CDL REQUIRED! Welcome to YRC a UNION company.

The fact anyone is surprised by this ::shit:: anymore is amazing.

Couldn’t agree with you more. This should be part of upcoming negotiations,

BUT in the last MOU the Union was given the right to act on your behalf without a vote from membership.

Mr. Elwood hit on this point earlier, but just wanted to add to it. I know at our terminal those guys who continually work 60 hours in 5 days are not known to be partically hard workers, great creaters of overtime ,but not really that productive, just hungry. So adding this language will add to paychecks, but do little to increase production.

Mr. Elwood hit on this point earlier, but just wanted to add to it. I know at our terminal those guys who continually work 60 hours in 5 days are not known to be partically hard workers, great creaters of overtime ,but not really that productive, just hungry. So adding this language will add to paychecks, but do little to increase production.

‘Mr?’

I’m just Elwood.

This is Mr Elwood. :17142:

Since a CDL (Class B or C) is required to drive a "box truck" with gross of 26,001 or more or any size truck requiring placards, exactly what kind of vehicles would these non-CDL people be driving?
Great question trip.

At New Penn we are told there is 0 money to purchase equipment, so where is this equipment coming from?

Can we remove the boxes, doors, hoods, and grills from existing equipment to reduce the weight Of straight trucks to make them qualify ?

All new NON CDL drivers are restricted to a body weight of 90lbs max ! :biglaugh:

Since a CDL (Class B or C) is required to drive a "box truck" with gross of 26,001 or more or any size truck requiring placards, exactly what kind of vehicles would these non-CDL people be driving?

Many Penske rental straight trucks are licensed @ 26,000 for just this reason.

Cartage drivers moving our freight are not hazmat qualified.

All of our bargaining unit employees are working as much as they choose or need.

Adding hours of available service will not motivate members at my facility to work more or longer.

Well, ok, maybe one; but he has no life.

Our 24’ straight truck routes in downtown Atlanta and surrounding are more challenging than most all of our 53’ trailer routesIMO.and I have done them all.
They still have to have doubles,Haz mat and tanker endorsements.They refuse to add straight trucks to our fleet and we are always behind and challenged to make those deliveries.We actually need something smaller than a 24’ lift gate for some deliveries but they refuse to supply equipment.

Southeastern recently added a bunch of sprinter vans to their fleet and they pay those drivers a lot less.Im hearing it’s helping them out immensely.

IMO we should make them dock/ class B.That way dock workers could use their seniority and drive if they choose.

We have a bunch of dock workers that are medically unqualified to drive class A that would probably love to get off the dock in winter and drive.

Personally I think 20 bucks / hour is extreme for anything less than a 24 foot straight truck when our class A’s only make 22.