Yellow | YRC moves some back "office jobs" to India

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
Akron and the surrounding communities will remain a viable part of YRC, Smid said. The company has more than 2,500 employees in its general offices in Akron and distribution centers in Richfield and Copley. Employment should remain stable or grow there, Smid said.

''They will continue to be critical locations for us,'' he said.

The company has moved a small number of back-office operations from Akron to India, but has also brought in more support staff to the general offices, he said.

''The building is still full of people,'' he said. He said he does not expect the operations in India to grow significantly.

Ohio.com - YRC's in for the long haul

maybe they can do the billing so we have them while stripping a trailer for a change lol

Roadway Non-Union Hourly Employees!

If you know any "back office employees" at Roadway, suggest to them that they join the Teamsters Union now before it is too late. YRC intends to outsource to India and other offshore countries all the work they can! Talk to your Locals and find out how we can get these people organized...especially the hundreds that work at the AGO! Now that YRC has "frozen" their pensions, started "outsourcing" their work, and continued to layoff people, it would be a good time to be covered by a UNION CONTRACT! Wake up and smell the coffee! :USA:FIGHT THE POWER!:USA:

No freakin way!!!!!!

I had to phone my terminal for the OS&D manager last week because I had a refusal and the customer was p e e d. When I entered the persons name through the phone by pushing the first 5 letters of their name I got an answering machine.

I hung up and called back and dialed 0 for the operator (receptionist) and I got a person with an Indian accent. I thought this odd but that maybe we had hired someone to replace one of the girls on holidays or whatever. I told her who I was trying to reach and asked if she could she page her....she said she couldn't page her but would put me through to her which of course put me onto the answering machine again. Now I thought this odd that she couldn't page someone but I didn't have time to question her before she was gone.

I am going to have to ask around on Monday as to whether we have a receptionist here or in India.

sounds like yrw spend a $ to save a dime
meaning your time is worth more than they could save doing that