Yellow | Yrc needs to fix the a/c on these linehaul tractors (red tag)

If you go to work for YRC you do not have the choice of joining or not joining the Teamsters. If the union had not forced the company to take part of my wages to pay for healthcare I did not need, and retirement I will never see, and to pay for union officials who let the company ignore the contract, then I could have been paid a better salary. I would not have been a Teamster if given the choice. First Teamster job I had was in a rail-yard and they brought in a non union company over a $1 an hour healthcare increase, so the jobs were lost, if the guys working there had the choice they would have went without the increase and kept their jobs, the union railroaders crossed their pathetic picket line and that was the end of that. If the company paid healthcare scam had never been invented healthcare would be less expensive today.

If you go to work for YRC you do not have the choice of joining or not joining the Teamsters. If the union had not forced the company to take part of my wages to pay for healthcare I did not need, and retirement I will never see, and to pay for union officials who let the company ignore the contract, then I could have been paid a better salary. I would not have been a Teamster if given the choice. First Teamster job I had was in a rail-yard and they brought in a non union company over a $1 an hour healthcare increase, so the jobs were lost, if the guys working there had the choice they would have went without the increase and kept their jobs, the union railroaders crossed their pathetic picket line and that was the end of that. If the company paid healthcare scam had never been invented healthcare would be less expensive today.

Are you for freakin' real?
What a freakin' idiot!....oops...I'm I allowed to say that here?....KK

You still don't have to be a Teamster my friend, leave and go to work for a non- union outfit. Maybe you will fit in better there because you sure don't know what being a union member is all about. It's a damn shame that a -erk like you is taking a decent union job from somebody who deserves it. You surely don't!!!!:fingure: :ranting2: :mad:

Refuse to drive the tractor if A/C don't work @ the start of your trip, if the A/C breaks in route, we have to write them up on post trip reports. I have refused to drive them in numerous cases, it is contractual that these are fixed & operational. If dispatch gets upset about it & says your refusing load, tell them you are not refusing load, just "unsafe equipment". If they still force you out with it & you don't want the hassle with dispatch. Note you were forced to take unsafe equipment & go to bed en route fatigued or heat exhaustion. I know of drivers who went to the next rest stop & called 911 & had an ambulance take them to the hospital for this reason. We need to STOP driving unsafe equipment, we are red marked at D.O.T. scales & they will be looking for our equipment, Pa. state police said they have been finding to much wrong with our equipment & they will be checking us out a lot. It's your license at stake & your gonna need it when this mismanaged company goes under.

Now that is what we need, start acting like a teamster and go by the contract. I have done this and it works, when the company knows they can't push you around they stop trying

Are you for freakin' real?
What a freakin' idiot!....oops...I'm I allowed to say that here?....KK
I t goes to show ya how effective Beck and Limbaugh can play on certain types of mind set . I'm sure they would make the same comment . That strike we were on in1970 had nothing to do with union bosses it was about our future and the future of the teamsters all across the nation . Anybody that knows teamster history will tell ya Chicago stayed out the longest and when we settled the rest on the teamsters nation wide all benefited from our 13 week strike .

With the contract & MOU thrown in my face everytime I turn around, Hell yes they are gonna fix these A/C's before I drive it. Been threatned w/ my job a couple of times in the last month over A/C's not working. I just tell them "I'll be in the break room - call me when it's fixed." Never stand there & argue with them.

WOW!:kickedoutsmile:

I t goes to show ya how effective Beck and Limbaugh can play on certain types of mind set . I'm sure they would make the same comment . That strike we were on in1970 had nothing to do with union bosses it was about our future and the future of the teamsters all across the nation . Anybody that knows teamster history will tell ya Chicago stayed out the longest and when we settled the rest on the teamsters nation wide all benefited from our 13 week strike .

I remember my dad and his friends talking about CHI strikers....the companies used to have Chi as the hub for their linehauls...when Chi continued to strike...the companies just by passed Chicago......

I remember my dad and his friends talking about CHI strikers....the companies used to have Chi as the hub for their linehauls...when Chi continued to strike...the companies just by passed Chicago......
If you don't want to be in a union, then don't join one.

They are right our companies by passed Chicago for a while , they went to Milwaukee but they couldn't peddle the Chicago freight back here . So when they ran out of room with Chicago freight they had to settle plus there weren't any pick ups being made and the shippers were also riding the companies to settle . Chicago has over a million pounds of freight everyday and the companies couldn't set on that much . Cooper Jarrett was the first to sign and then the rest followed . It was the same way in 1967 I think we were out for 3 weeks and Cooper Jarrett was the first to sign .I think what else made Cooper sign was Chicago Independent were starting to sign with the smaller cartage companies with these me to contracts as they signed up they got red stickers for the windshields to show that they signed . There wasn't a lot of that but like I said small cartage or else they would go out of business .

I worked for a small Teamster company that signed a me to contract in Detroit (local 299) during a Teamster strike in the seventies. Everything was fine until a bunch of the striking Teamsters came by our barn and had a serious talk with us. After the talk, we were on strike too.

I worked for a small Teamster company that signed a me to contract in Detroit (local 299) during a Teamster strike in the seventies. Everything was fine until a bunch of the striking Teamsters came by our barn and had a serious talk with us. After the talk, we were on strike too.
Any Yellow?

Was that when you first learned about "analocity"?? :hide:

You still don't have to be a Teamster my friend, leave and go to work for a non- union outfit. Maybe you will fit in better there because you sure don't know what being a union member is all about. It's a damn shame that a -erk like you is taking a decent union job from somebody who deserves it. You surely don't!!!!:fingure: :ranting2: :mad:

Another name caller, can't dispute that there is not a choice of whether to join the union, so call names. I quit the job back when they reneged on the LOA.

Another name caller, can't dispute that there is not a choice of whether to join the union, so call names. I quit the job back when they reneged on the LOA.

There is an absolute clearcut choice. Drive for a non union company. You just want to be one of those right to work free loaders that work at a union barn, enjoy all the union benefits and representation, but don't want to pay for it.

I quit! Can't you read? And when I worked for YRC I was not free loading, I worked hard and I was helping pay for your healthcare and retirees paychecks, so you should thank me.