ABF | YRC needs to survive!!

youngtaco

Freight Peddling Fool
Credits
Today in Vegas, I delivered to one of the major trade show warehouses ( a Teamster warehouse ). All the receiving doors were full, Maybe 10-12 doors. I was the only union carrier backed up to the dock. It was a reality check for me cause without YRC, We will be alone! In the past Roadway & Yellow would have dominated that warehouse!!!! I hoped that maybe I just missed the YRC guys but, By the look of every non union LTL carrier out there backed to the dock, I don't think so. It was sad to say the least. I pray ( and I don't pray! ) That YRC pulls out of their situation & comes back full bore! :thumbsup:

do I understand correctly?

Today in Vegas, I delivered to one of the major trade show warehouses ( a Teamster warehouse ). All the receiving doors were full, Maybe 10-12 doors. I was the only union carrier backed up to the dock. It was a reality check for me cause without YRC, We will be alone! In the past Roadway & Yellow would have dominated that warehouse!!!! I hoped that maybe I just missed the YRC guys but, By the look of every non union LTL carrier out there backed to the dock, I don't think so. It was sad to say the least. I pray ( and I don't pray! ) That YRC pulls out of their situation & comes back full bore! :thumbsup:
Am I to believe that (a Teamster warehouse) is allowing non union deliveries and/or pick ups? Are you sure it is a Teamster warehouse? Did you mean that the employees are represented by the Teamsters? Thanks in advance.

Am I to believe that (a Teamster warehouse) is allowing non union deliveries and/or pick ups? Are you sure it is a Teamster warehouse? Did you mean that the employees are represented by the Teamsters? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I meant employees represented by the Teamsters.

youngtaco has too much time on his hands. he replies to all theads. just kidding. he forgets that his great union barn laid a lot of his so called brothers off when the economy took a ::shit::. maybe the tm was a dick but the senior unoin brothers for the most part were way worse than the tm could ever be. Nevada is a :shit:ty state to be in any union. the only thing it gets you is a loss off dollars out of your paycheck once a month

" YRC needs to survive!! "

WHY ?

DISCLAIMER: I'm going to take a non compassionate response here.
(just because he doesn't see the other side of this)
(I'll be compassionate some other time)

1. Because of them, freight rates are over-inflated (for all)... hurts us too.
2. They no longer (and most likely never will) put 1 Penney in the pension.
but the pension is still growing (check latest since they stopped contributions..it is)
even with-out their $40 million per month that they no longer contribute to. That's a good thing.
That puts a end to this "if we go out the pension is done!" they ARE basically out.
3. Because of the concessions, the drivers make less money then the non-union drivers..so in essence we are competing with a company even cheaper (lower by far overhead) then a non-union company...get it?
Actually they are now worse then a non-union company...to compete with.. that's a shame.. but true. (remember my disclaimer boys)
4. The longer they stay in business, the greater the chance that YOU might have to take concessions...ABF wants a even playing field..the longer yrc is around operating under these conditions..the more likely that could happen.
Oh, what the heck...I'll just stop here.