TForce | Yrc news

there is a website out there that lists major accounts that have switched from YRC to UPGF, I don't think it is disrespectful to talk about the competition in there trying times, just don't be mean spirited about it. To have job security the company you work for has to be succesful there are only so many shippers and freight out there and we are competiting for it, if we are to expand we have to take freight from someone. When we expand are jobs are more secure.

And for the people that say we shouldn't talk about this subject becuase there fellow teamsters, sorry this is competition, It goes back to the threads that say "noone will work for $10.00/hr yeah there are, there are people who will, the people who look towards the future and look for a company who has a past of being succesfull, people who want to work for the best, people who don't just ask "what the starting pay is" people who put some research into there decision, people who want to work for a stable company.

And to the people that say we should not talk about teamsters losing there jobs becuase it weakens the union, there is no other company out there that is in better position to hire the YRC employees who get displaced then us so there still gonna be a teamster.

sorry, but I beleive a healthy expanding company offers just as much job security as the union. when you combine the two life is good.

Yes! I see your point but I don't think it's anything that UPSF can't overcome. If we are still here after all this MC and Ovnt crap we can make anything work. LOL! I believe if the majority of a company is union and a very small percentage stays nonunion hoping from special favors is going to be very disappointed in the long run.

LOL This is true. UPSF would be able to overcome the few. Its the morale that would take a beating for a while. If the non union barns, when merged endtail like they are supposed to then it would be better and easier. The best case scenario would be that they all have to reapply and then UPSF could weed out the idiots. That would be ideal.

there is a website out there that lists major accounts that have switched from YRC to UPGF, I don't think it is disrespectful to talk about the competition in there trying times, just don't be mean spirited about it. To have job security the company you work for has to be succesful there are only so many shippers and freight out there and we are competiting for it, if we are to expand we have to take freight from someone. When we expand are jobs are more secure.

And for the people that say we shouldn't talk about this subject becuase there fellow teamsters, sorry this is competition, It goes back to the threads that say "noone will work for $10.00/hr yeah there are, there are people who will, the people who look towards the future and look for a company who has a past of being succesfull, people who want to work for the best, people who don't just ask "what the starting pay is" people who put some research into there decision, people who want to work for a stable company.

And to the people that say we should not talk about teamsters losing there jobs becuase it weakens the union, there is no other company out there that is in better position to hire the YRC employees who get displaced then us so there still gonna be a teamster.

sorry, but I beleive a healthy expanding company offers just as much job security as the union. when you combine the two life is good.

Can't argue with that..........

LOL This is true. UPSF would be able to overcome the few. Its the morale that would take a beating for a while. If the non union barns, when merged endtail like they are supposed to then it would be better and easier. The best case scenario would be that they all have to reapply and then UPSF could weed out the idiots. That would be ideal.

LOL! Ok driver I hear you. I'm glad you got your opinion in there. That's bleep'in golden :biglaugh::popcorn:

Is it just Me...

Or does anyone else take offense to these sort of discussions - in Our forum?

We are all well aware of what is going on around Us...

And know where to go to get the latest news and information...

I just don't think this is the place to promote these sort of conversations!

I'm not scolding...

Nor am I referring to anyone one person...

I'm just saying...

:smilie_132: We are better then this!

Let's keep it that way!
Oh Give me a F*cking Break.:Flame-On:

Step off your high horse.

I don't believe anyone is wishing for the demise of YRC.
It's not like there is much productive activity on this board worth speaking of anyway.

Watch what you say...it just might hurt someones feelings...
:censored2::censored2:

I'm sure our forum is the laughing stock of the trucking boards anyway.
Censor Away.

If UPSF were to have the ability to weed out the idiots....you guys would be able to spend all the time you wanted right here on the boards....but what would you talk about?..... oh, the same thing as now...nothing useful.

EDITED OUT ORIGINAL TEXT: This was unnecessary (language) and unprovoked (commentary) - laced with bad intentions for verbal confrontation and or retaliation... on a subject that has already been put to rest!

This is your open warning. Check your bad attitude at the door.
I've been more than patient along with other mods to keep peace in here and you just seem to want to disrupt things with negativity.
If you hate this place log off and never come back.
I am 100% ready today.

This is your open warning. Check your bad attitude at the door.
I've been more than patient along with other mods to keep peace in here and you just seem to want to disrupt things with negativity.
If you hate this place log off and never come back.
I am 100% ready today.
I don't hate "this Place"

It used to be a great place.

But censor away:silenced:

If UPSF were to have the ability to weed out the idiots....you guys would be able to spend all the time you wanted right here on the boards....but what would you talk about?..... oh, the same thing as now...nothing useful.

The opinions on this board are expressed by the poster. If you don't like it or disagree just post your opinion. But you don't have to be insulting. I know I get mad to but I try not to come off to insulting.

This board is bleep'in golden...:biglaugh:

See what you started Dockworker...

The opinions on this board are expressed by the poster. If you don't like it or disagree just post your opinion. But you don't have to be insulting. I know I get mad to but I try not to come off to insulting.

This board is bleep'in golden...:biglaugh:

See what you started Dockworker...

Exactly! There are many ways to get your thoughts across without resorting to foul language and promoting a hostile environment that would provoke any member to retaliate.
I'm not going to play babysitter, I want to contribute in here just as much. I choose my words wisely.
It's too bleepin simple. Follow the Rules!

You sure are hooked on "Bleepin Golden"....I guess "Time Will Tell" when you get sick of it.:biglaugh:

Exactly! There are many ways to get your thoughts across without resorting to foul language and promoting a hostile environment that would provoke any member to retaliate.
I'm not going to play babysitter, I want to contribute in here just as much. I choose my words wisely.
It's too bleepin simple. Follow the Rules!

You sure are hooked on "Bleepin Golden"....I guess "Time Will Tell" when you get sick of it.:biglaugh:

I'm having to much fun with it right now. My wife fails to see the humor in it.
But then what do women know. :biglaugh:

Have to disagree with you on that one. If and its a big if, UPSF could weed out the idiots ( which by the way no one has bought anyone) so its strictly hypothetical, then it would be way more productive and would have no effect what so ever on my time here. Being useful or not is an individual opinion. We all have one by the way. I find very useful information on this board every day. maybe your not looking in the right place. :popcorn:

Have to disagree with you on that one. If and its a big if, UPSF could weed out the idiots ( which by the way no one has bought anyone) so its strictly hypothetical, then it would be way more productive and would have no effect what so ever on my time here. Being useful or not is an individual opinion. We all have one by the way. I find very useful information on this board every day. maybe your not looking int he right place. :popcorn:

I totally agree...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Its sad that in these times more and more people will be displaced but the writing is on the wall the LTL business will gradually dwindle down to a few major carriers and luckly we belong to one that will ride out this storm. As for buying any other carrier we have enought problems combining one national and one regional carrier into one, UPS will not trust current management to handle another transition. That being said it would be a very bad business decision to buy any union carrier even at rock bottom prices because you already have a substandard contract in place and would then have to dovetail all their employees with there current contract and then have to give up on your pro company contract, where as you wait till they shut the doors and hire them all as new employees for cheap with no senority and no responsibility to the teamsters pension and welfare packages . It is sad but its business never personal, UPS and FedEx are the only companies that can afford the master freight contract and they dont even want it. The main goal of UPS and FedEx is supply chain which is the reason the bought us in the first place supply chain is a trillion dollar business and currently still up for grabs so will UPS and FedEx buy more carriers yes but right now that even we are all struggling I highly doubt they will risk buying another struggling carrier. They are more interested in their customers, workforce, locations, and equipment than their failed management. Given the mismanagement that has been going on here I believe they will wait and hand pick the cream of the crop and go from there.