TForce | Yrc news

Heard today the investor in YRC is ESTES Trucking non union carrier???

that makes sense now b/c i ran into an estes driver today and he was all gung ho about how freight levels are gonna pick up and it's gonna get busier. He always referred to "we" as in estes not "us" as in the whole LTL industry.

Its sad that in these times more and more people will be displaced but the writing is on the wall the LTL business will gradually dwindle down to a few major carriers and luckly we belong to one that will ride out this storm. As for buying any other carrier we have enought problems combining one national and one regional carrier into one, UPS will not trust current management to handle another transition. That being said it would be a very bad business decision to buy any union carrier even at rock bottom prices because you already have a substandard contract in place and would then have to dovetail all their employees with there current contract and then have to give up on your pro company contract, where as you wait till they shut the doors and hire them all as new employees for cheap with no senority and no responsibility to the teamsters pension and welfare packages . It is sad but its business never personal, UPS and FedEx are the only companies that can afford the master freight contract and they dont even want it. The main goal of UPS and FedEx is supply chain which is the reason the bought us in the first place supply chain is a trillion dollar business and currently still up for grabs so will UPS and FedEx buy more carriers yes but right now that even we are all struggling I highly doubt they will risk buying another struggling carrier. They are more interested in their customers, workforce, locations, and equipment than their failed management. Given the mismanagement that has been going on here I believe they will wait and hand pick the cream of the crop and go from there.

Why buy when the freight will come anyway? It is unfortunate, the situation YRC is in, but the freight will come and these people will come with the freight. It might not be what they are used to, but it will be security and longevity if they choose. UPS and teamsters re-wrote history when they created our so called National contract. The NMFA is not a path to longevity, prosperity, or job security. I mean no ill intention to anyone. I have many friends in the NMFA and implore them all to go to UPSFreight.jobs.com....We will need the help....

that makes sense now b/c i ran into an estes driver today and he was all gung ho about how freight levels are gonna pick up and it's gonna get busier. He always referred to "we" as in estes not "us" as in the whole LTL industry.

The ultimate decision is the "CUSTOMER" even though most customers these days are contious of price as opposed to service, you mite want to inform the estes driver in the northeast thier "we" looks worse then "US" when it comes to service and time sensitive delivery.