Yellow | YRC, No Pay No Stay!

PAS52

TB Lurker
Credits
At the Denver terminal in the last few years, we've had about 15-20 drivers quit, about half were new hires, and the other half, were drivers with many years in. Just about all of them went to other jobs, and very few were retiring.
Now with this new MOU for new hires, many people are mad and talking about leaving. The company does not want to do anything for the people who went through the pay cuts to help the company with their so called "financial problems".
They need to give drivers that have been at YRC full time, a good wage increase to keep them, and not put a rookie driver at the same scale that experienced drivers are at. I think if a driver got hired with 3 years or more experience, then they should go to top scale when hired, if they just got their CDL, then they should be on a 3 year pay progression.

At the Denver terminal in the last few years, we've had about 15-20 drivers quit, about half were new hires, and the other half, were drivers with many years in. Just about all of them went to other jobs, and very few were retiring.
Now with this new MOU for new hires, many people are mad and talking about leaving. The company does not want to do anything for the people who went through the pay cuts to help the company with their so called "financial problems".
They need to give drivers that have been at YRC full time, a good wage increase to keep them, and not put a rookie driver at the same scale that experienced drivers are at. I think if a driver got hired with 3 years or more experience, then they should go to top scale when hired, if they just got their CDL, then they should be on a 3 year pay progression.

YRC will continue to lose drivers, pay is too low for all, no pension contributions only 25 percent junk equipment, poor management, the old days there was a strike to prevent part timers, sub contracting high way work , someone voted on all this ::shit::.our for Fathers, And Grandfathers fought for all they got, today, no balls to stick together and fight, you continue to accept less, complaining don't get it.

Lost at least 35 plus Driver's since the YRCW buyout , so there plan is working well to get rid of Senior Driver's & reduce freight volume !

YRC will continue to lose drivers, pay is too low for all, no pension contributions only 25 percent junk equipment, poor management, the old days there was a strike to prevent part timers, sub contracting high way work , someone voted on all this :::shit:::.our for Fathers, And Grandfathers fought for all they got, today, no balls to stick together and fight, you continue to accept less, complaining don't get it.
You do understand that when our fathers,and grandfathers fought for all this,non union ltl carriers probably made up only 10 percent of the industry. Today,union carriers are the 10 percent. No clout left....

YRC will continue to lose drivers, pay is too low for all, no pension contributions only 25 percent junk equipment, poor management, the old days there was a strike to prevent part timers, sub contracting high way work , someone voted on all this :::shit:::.our for Fathers, And Grandfathers fought for all they got, today, no balls to stick together and fight, you continue to accept less, complaining don't get it.

Explain to me how drawing your proposed line in the sand will lead to the greater good.

Lost at least 35 plus Driver's since the YRCW buyout , so there plan is working well to get rid of Senior Driver's & reduce freight volume !

Yes, the plan to get rid of senior drivers is called "time". Its passage does eventually cause the elimination of senior drivers Wong.

Yes, the plan to get rid of senior drivers is called "time". Its passage does eventually cause the elimination of senior drivers Wong.
True to a point , but we have had Driver's Quit or retire early & get a p.t. job at 40 hrs a week ,because of all the B.S. going on at work-slave encampment forced 60 plus hrs a week and thinking the big pic plan here is get rid of as many senior driver's before the 2019 sheep vote ?? and again before you go off on me , this is just a theory of the big pic plan and what I've seen happen to our Driver work force !

WHAT HE SAID ! !
The truth hurts. Some hide from the truth, but that doesn't change the facts.

True to a point , but we have had Driver's Quit or retire early & get a p.t. job at 40 hrs a week ,because of all the B.S. going on at work-slave encampment forced 60 plus hrs a week and thinking the big pic plan here is get rid of as many senior driver's before the 2019 sheep vote ?? and again before you go off on me , this is just a theory of the big pic plan and what I've seen happen to our Driver work force !
It's really not a good move to get rid of senior drivers when there is nobody else to fill the seat.

No one goes no where we are just getting new placards to warn the public of the older driver

RU3b3w8.jpg

You do understand that when our fathers,and grandfathers fought for all this,non union ltl carriers probably made up only 10 percent of the industry. Today,union carriers are the 10 percent. No clout left....

Until 1981 there were NO major non-union LTL carriers. That all changed thanks to Jackie Presser.

You mean this fine example of Teamster leadership?
The beginning of the end for the Teamsters. We should have put this pig on a spit with an apple in his mouth and roasted him.
Noticed_01_JackiePresser.jpg

PS - Wong, is that you on the right carrying him - minus 15% that is?

I understand the frustration with what they're doing. That said, allow me to play devil's advocate.

Turnover is expensive. It cost money to constantly hire/train new help. Maybe if they can get some stability in the system to replace the aging workforce, that will free up some cash to pay the one's who have been through so much.

Don't allow the company to use this to divide old and new brothers. Be happy for your new brethren and welcome them aboard. They're your future. It could be worse, they could not be doing anything for any segment of the workforce.

Last edited: