ABF | yrc posting high bill count

GO40

TB Legend
Credits
I work out of 184 & its slow,very slow this company as a whole needs to look at the sales staff & ask what is going on? You replaced peter with this person who couldent give away blakets to the homeless Where the hell are we heading???? Take a deep breath abf &see what is going on around us before its to lste....

well i work at 065 and we are busy,so check your sales people. we have a great tm and sales ,so good luck to you

well i work at 065 and we are busy,so check your sales people. we have a great tm and sales ,so good luck to you
We only have one they never replaced the one they left go, that was 4 years ago. Our area is to big for 1 person & our tm has his own job to do when he is not covering for vacations. I know we have to make money on the freight but everyone else is hauling it including union carriers how can they make money from it & we cant? This post is not a slam at ABF they are a good company who treats us good I just want to see if the other terminals are having the same problem as us?

YRC is losing money on those high bill counts. If you lose money on your work and do more work you lose more money. One of those posts is a guy forecasting a huge week, not a claim that it has happened. I work at a terminal where the office personalities-starting with the tm-drive off business. And I see business come, go and come back.

YRC is losing money on those high bill counts. If you lose money on your work and do more work you lose more money. One of those posts is a guy forecasting a huge week, not a claim that it has happened. I work at a terminal where the office personalities-starting with the tm-drive off business. And I see business come, go and come back.
I agree that we cant haul it for free.

I have only been on regular at ABF since June, I worked for
YRC 15 years out of the Roadway side. I was number 35 out of
72 on the city board, and of course laid off. Before the merger
Roadway and Yellow picked up 100,000 shipments combined
per day. They cut some customers, merged and expected 72,000
shipments per day as YRC. In May YRC averaged 51,000 per day.
2009 long term debt-1.0 billion, 2010 no pension payment, 15%
pay cut, etc 1.1 billion in debt. July 2011 just borrowed 500 million more.
In 2015- 1.6 billion notes are due, 15% pay cut ends, full pension payments
are renewed, YRC still responsible for back pension contributions.

I have only been on regular at ABF since June, I worked for
YRC 15 years out of the Roadway side. I was number 35 out of
72 on the city board, and of course laid off. Before the merger
Roadway and Yellow picked up 100,000 shipments combined
per day. They cut some customers, merged and expected 72,000
shipments per day as YRC. In May YRC averaged 51,000 per day.
2009 long term debt-1.0 billion, 2010 no pension payment, 15%
pay cut, etc 1.1 billion in debt. July 2011 just borrowed 500 million more.
In 2015- 1.6 billion notes are due, 15% pay cut ends, full pension payments
are renewed, YRC still responsible for back pension contributions.

One hell of a saga there, eh? At 50% the shipments they need to cut costs by 50%.

YRC is not losing money. Not starting anything but just letting you know YRC is making money. 10.6 million last quarter.

Chris, 10.6 million is before ebidta...find out what that is then you'll see they lost $39 million ....yrc will lose again the the 3rd quarter and fourth.....fyi..abf..continues to lose money also....so they figure raising rates 6.9 % will help? Who knows

YRC is not losing money. Not starting anything but just letting you know YRC is making money. 10.6 million last quarter.

Chris, I am not wishing for YRC to continue to lose money-don't get me wrong. I am just looking at things as they are and they need to make some serious and real changes in order to survive. It does look like Mr. Welch is making some real changes and I hope they work out. One of the changes he needs to make is to stop lowering the rates to whatever they need to be in order to get/keep the freight on a YRC truck-that practice hurts all of us. We are all in this together.