XPO | YRC pulling ABF trailers????

primadona

TB Lurker
Credits
Phonepic036.jpg

Saw this the other day. Wha? Huh?

Confused YRC driver or is there another merger in the works? Hmmm...

Wow,

I would have said "No way" but there it is.

Nice catch.

Just add a Preston trailer to the back and now you've got a picture.

Companies make deals with each other all the time to move each other's equipment to different areas of the country...I don't think I would put this one in the credible rumor category..

what boxboss said is correct. A year or so ago, i drove by my old yellow barn just a couple miles from my current con-way barn and lo and behold i saw a set; lead box yellow, and back box con-way. These rumors get started everytime. What i would worry about is that it might confuse some customers, they will look and see that ABF is under the YRC umbrella as well, and if they have their doubts about shipping with yrc then they wont ship with abf as well.

Sure sign I am getting old. We used to do this all the time. Took 1/2 hour to fill out the interline exchange papers. But I digress.

Looks like a brand new trailer. YRC was subsubtracted to move it to destination. Good picture to start rumors tho.

No rumor; It was a late model YRC trailer but has just been freshly painted and sold to ABF.

YRC needs the cash and they weren't using it......

yellow moved a bunch of Con-Way's brand new trailers out here a few years ago... a couple of them came in with teamsters / Hoffa stickers on them. Bastards.

I'm not making light of your feelings but you gotta admit, that was funny :clap: Too bad ya'll couldn't find a way to get'em back, in a fun way. :eck13:

One reason I love to watch Deadliest Catch, those guys get each other in jokes nearly every season.

yellow moved a bunch of Con-Way's brand new trailers out here a few years ago... a couple of them came in with teamsters / Hoffa stickers on them. Bastards.

This probably doesn't apply but there was one night... oh about 3-4 years ago were a con-way truck past me pulling an Estes 48' van. I was on a hill on a two lane when he came around me and said to me "your guys trucks don't run to good do they?". So after talking to him I found out that this guy did not work for Con-Way or Estes but was an employee of a transporting company that moved equipment for all sorts of companies. In this case our truck and an Estes trl that he was dropping off somewhere on the way. when he finished they (they being his company) flew him back home. wracking up tons of flier miles.Neet gig.