Holland | YRC Rallies As Union To Vote On Cuts To Refinance Debt!

Welch declined to say how much the company will save from lower interest payments after the debt refinancing... He also declined to say if the company has enough cash to pay the bank in February.... 170 million in cash... How do you save 170 million when you are as broke as this company is.
I sure hope you guys don't fall for this.

small payment of about 70 million is due in February with over a billion being due late next year early 2015

Funny how you havent posted since the last begback vote. You were pushing for concessions then too. How long have you been in management?

Sales actually 6 years and 4 years in ops. I was just simply stating a fact to question someone posted. I am in the same boat you are just without a vote. That's the part that bothers me is I have no say in what happens. But hey I choose to work here and this is what comes with the job and a union shop. Trust me I get it I am a little more sympathetic to everything my dad and brother are both operating engineers so I come from a union family. You guys don't have much left. Don't forget though that people in the middle like me took a hit too. For me it was about 28% and haven't seen it back. No raises lost the company car and now have to drive my own with little back in terms of mileage and I can't write it off on taxes. We had to take furlough days as well. So before you go and attack me for stating a point to someone else I am in the same boat. The gates will lock me out as well. So you can vote however you wanted I am not one to sway or tell anyone how to but just realize it's not just your family that is in jeopardy it's mine as well. Good luck with everything and whatever happens happens.

Sales actually 6 years and 4 years in ops. I was just simply stating a fact to question someone posted. I am in the same boat you are just without a vote. That's the part that bothers me is I have no say in what happens. But hey I choose to work here and this is what comes with the job and a union shop. Trust me I get it I am a little more sympathetic to everything my dad and brother are both operating engineers so I come from a union family. You guys don't have much left. Don't forget though that people in the middle like me took a hit too. For me it was about 28% and haven't seen it back. No raises lost the company car and now have to drive my own with little back in terms of mileage and I can't write it off on taxes. We had to take furlough days as well. So before you go and attack me for stating a point to someone else I am in the same boat. The gates will lock me out as well. So you can vote however you wanted I am not one to sway or tell anyone how to but just realize it's not just your family that is in jeopardy it's mine as well. Good luck with everything and whatever happens happens.

Ive heard that "think of the people who work here without a vote" crap last time. A hot shot from corporate will be at the terminal tomorrow to push this pos on us and Im sure he will bust that sob story line out on us too. As for that never got it back, I call bs. They gave it back in increments. There are supervisors where I am that have 7 weeks of vacation. As for you being in sales? You just posted on another thread how "a salesman told me we are raising rates" You need to get your story straight before puking out lies.

Yea and that should of said as a sales person. Attack all you want the fact remains weather you like it or not we are in the same boat. It sucks that holland is making money it sucks we are doing things right but because we got sucked into the yellow black hole we have to suffer. Your anger shouldn't be geared at me. I didn't get us into this mess but I slogging through the crap just like you. I haven't gotten anything back. The only thing that I haven't had to do were more furlough days. My vacation time changed and the way it accrues is different. I no longer get my time up front like we used too I now have to roll time over to use next year if I have sometime in the beginning of the year if not and I get sick I don't get paid and will go on corrective action for too many unexcused absences. So if you want to get your facts straight then talk to me like a normal person I will talk with you other then that go the route you know and attack. Again. Good luck with whatever happens

It would make it mush easier to vote if they would tell us what vote total numbers they are going to use before hand.....they must have forwarded the numbers to the investors already...............NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

That's the part that bothers me is I have no say in what happens.
I agree with you to some degree, but not in total. This may not apply to you, BUT sales people and Mgt. do have a say in what happens. My experience around my terminal was that our sales people sat around the terminal half the day talking versus being out pounding the pavement looking for freight. Our salesmen wouldn't follow up on sales leads. Our salesmen couldn't be found on a Friday because each week had a long weekend attached to it. Our salesmen were as lazy as a spotted hound. SO.......they did have a say in what happens. Their job is to help grow the business, which would help generate revenue and help the company dig out of their financial hole. Instead they sat back and whined about everything. It's no different inside the operations. The operations people didn't even try to get more efficient, they also just sat around whining about everything. So in my opinion, you guys do have "something to say" about this mess.

Hopefully, you aren't this type of management person, but I'm just saying how it was at my barn.

small payment of about 70 million is due in February with over a billion being due late next year early 2015
70 million or 700 million it matters very little at this point, just ask Jeff rogers oh that's right he's is gone to yah'ok well......does any one have any good ideas?

THANK YOU MR.JAMES WELCH,CAPTIAN HMS TITANIC.

I have one suggestion for you, UPDATE YOUR RESUME!