Yellow | YRC road driver killed in Iowa crash

ohwell

TB Lurker
Credits
Karl Krueger out of Sioux Falls SD was killed 2-16-10 on I 29 in Iowa. The accident happened south of Missouri Valley Ia which is about ten miles north of Council Bluffs Ia. Karl was traveling south on I-29 when his truck hit the back of a stopped truck and then another truck hit the back of Karl's truck. That's all the details I have at this time.

Not to sound divisive, but being 2 companies that recently became one, history on which people came from helps to figure out who they were. Sorry to lose another.

I'm am trying to think who he was exactly. Was he kind of husky, always wore glasses with and a Teamsters hat/jacket, had a country look to him? I think he was the one that moved from Chicago to Souix City, IA a couple of years ago if I am not mistaken. I hope I am respectfully thinking of the right person. I am sorry to hear that. He was a very nice guy. Is anyone from Chicago taking a collection for him and his family, because I would at least like to send a donation?

11996225_SS.jpg

Judging from the damage,he never knew what hit him.
On minute it was business as usual,then in an instant he was gone.
May he rest in peace.

Karl would have been a working mans President

I knew Karl. He was a very good person. He loved his job and his country. I know he was married. He was on the trucking show with BOZO when Karl was running for President of The United States. I am very sorry to hear about this. Rest in peace Karl. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones.

this is Karl

For those asking ... Karl was huskey. I don't recall glasses, but maybe he wore them. He did wear a Teamster jacket. He is a Yellow Heritage driver. He stayed in Chicago Ridge at the motel all the time and messed around with the computer the hotel let us use in the weight room.

John,your your not quite right. Karl took a transfer to lcw lacrosse wi. Then he went to sou when They took the drivers out of lcw. Either way Karl was always good for a laugh, he will b missed.

John,your your not quite right. Karl took a transfer to lcw lacrosse wi. Then he went to sou when They took the drivers out of lcw. Either way Karl was always good for a laugh, he will b missed.
Thats right he did. I forgot about that. I know he married a European woman and then got divorced. I know he had a sister that owns a business somewhere in Wisconsin, but thats all I know. I only talked to him a few times. He kept to himself a lot, but he was a very nice guy. The only time I remembered him saying something to me. Is when he would shake his head with a smile and then ask me: "Was that you on channel 19 of the CB, talking all that ::shit:: about how I-294 is a highway for union trucks only, and how all the non-union drivers had to pay their union dues when they arrive at the toll booth?" I would always reply by saying, No. As if I didn't know what he was talking about. People know me. I never went out of the my way to cause trouble on the airwaves. :biglaugh:

I found this on the local newspaper site La Crosse Tribune - LaCrosse News Source hope this helps.

SPARTA/SIOUX FALLS, S.D. — Karl E. Krueger, 62, of Sioux Falls and formerly of Sparta died on Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2010, in Omaha, Neb., as a result of a trucking accident. He was born March 12, 1947, in La Crosse to Harold and Lucy (Schroeder) Krueger.

He grew up in the Leon area and graduated from Sparta High School in 1965.

He enlisted in the U.S. Army on June 30, 1966. He served 13 years and had three tours during the Vietnam War. He was honorably discharged in 1979.

Karl worked for Niedfeldt Trucking in La Crosse, Martin Trucking in Tomah, Hilleshiem Trucking in Sparta, and finally Roadway Yellow Trucking out of Chicago and Sioux Falls.

He married his wife, Alla, from Russia in 2005. They later divorced.

Karl was very active politically and civically. He was the founder of the Deke Slayton Air Show in La Crosse. Being an aircraft enthusiast, he rarely missed the Oshkosh Air Show.

He was very politically active, running for various offices and supporting his candidates. He was well known in political circles.

He was a lifetime member of the Wisconsin Association of Concerned Veterans Organization, VFW, American Legion and EAA. He was also an honorary Kentucky Colonel.

Karl is survived by his mother, Lucy of Sparta; brothers and sisters, Steve (Susie) Krueger of Norwalk, Tom (Chris) Krueger of San Antonio, Texas, Susan (Paul) Kast of Mindoro, and Daniel (Cindy) Krueger of La Crescent, Minn.; a daughter, Wendy (Bryan) Bernett of Sparta; step-daughter, Svitlana of Sioux Falls; five nephews; five nieces; two great-nieces; and seven great-nephews.

He was preceded in death by his father, Harold; and a sister, Mary Kressin.

Funeral services will be Monday at 11 a.m. at Lanham-Miller Funeral Home, Sparta, with Father James Leary OFM Cap officiating. Burial with full military honors provided by VFW 2112 and American Legion Post 100 will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, Sparta.

Family and friends are invited to call at the funeral home on Sunday from 3 to 6 p.m. and at the funeral home Monday from 10 a.m. until time of services.

Condolences may be offered at Lanham-Miller Funeral Home | Welcome | Sparta, WI.

Lanham-Miller Funeral Home, Sparta, is assisting the family with funeral arrangements

Does Karl have family that drives for FedEx Freight? I worked with a guy for a while at a terminal in the north east he was from Milwakkee area they look almost identical to each other.

May he rest in peace and may God be with his family and friends.

Didn't know him but I wish for his family that their pain should pass quickly so that they can be left with fond memories.