Yellow | YRC road driver killed in Iowa crash

did not get the chance to meet but it hurts when somthing like this happens. may God be with his family and friends rest in peace..

Well i made it here to send my deepest respect to the the Family an friends .I might have meet Karl but just can't put a face to the name. I do pray all the time for all the safety of the roads that are between us.

email received from the brother of the deceased
If someone who was close to or knew Karl would like his brothers email address, send me a pm
Just browsing for information regarding my brother Karl’s accident and came across your forum.

Please pass along to his fellow teamsters the thanks of our family for their kind thoughts and prayers.

I am located in San Antonio and will be traveling to our home town of Sparta Wis. tomorrow.

Our father retired from Gateway and was a teamster most of his life and my mother still receives his widow benefit. Of Karl’s three brothers I am the only one that has not followed our father into the trucking business for a portion of their careers.

Again thanks to all and be safe out there!

Tom Krueger

I met karl when i first started at yellow. We got to be freinds because we both loved flying,he made those long team runs go by fast talking on the radio. rest in peace brother,your not really gone as long as you are rememberd.

Karl E. Krueger
Funeral Home: Miller, Kent

Sparta/Sioux Falls, SD - Karl E. Krueger, 62, of Sioux Falls, SD and formerly of Sparta, died Tuesday, February 16, 2010 in Omaha, NE as a result of a trucking accident. He was born on March 12, 1947 in La Crosse, WI to Harold and Lucy (Schroeder) Krueger. He grew up in the Leon area and graduated from Sparta High School in 1965. He enlisted in the US Army on June 30, 1966. He served 13 years and had three tours during the Vietnam War. He was honorably discharged in 1979.
Karl worked for Niedfeldt Trucking in La Crosse, Martin Trucking in Tomah, Hilleshiem Trucking in Sparta, and finally Roadway Yellow Trucking out of Chicago, IL and Sioux Falls. He married his wife, Alla from Russia in 2005. They later divorced.
Karl was very active politically and civically. He was the founder of the Deke Slayton Air Show in La Crosse. Being an aircraft enthusiast, he rarely missed the Oshkosh Air Show. He was very politically active, running for various offices and supporting his candidates. He was well known in political circles. He was a lifetime member of the Wisconsin Association of Concerned Veterans Organization (WACVO), VFW, American Legion, and EAA. He was also an honorary Kentucky Colonel.
Karl is survived by his mother, Lucy of Sparta; brothers and sisters, Steve (Susie) Krueger of Norwalk, Tom (Chris) Krueger of San Antonio, TX, Susan (Paul) Kast of Mindoro, WI, and Daniel (Cindy) Krueger of La Crescent, MN; a daughter, Wendy (Bryan) Bernett of Sparta; step-daughter, Svitlana of Sioux Falls, SD; 5 nephews; 5 nieces; 2 great nieces; and 7 great nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, Harold and a sister, Mary Kressin.
Funeral services will be Monday at 11 a.m. at Lanham-Miller Funeral Home, Sparta, with Father James Leary OFM Cap officiating. Burial with full military honors provided by VFW 2112 and American Legion Post 100 will be in Mt. Hope Cemetery, Sparta.
Family and friends are invited to call at the funeral home on Sunday from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. and at the funeral home Monday from 10 a.m. until time of services. Online condolences may be offered at www.lanham-miller.com
The Lanham-Miller Funeral Home, Sparta, is assisting the family with funeral arrangements.
Published on February 19, 2010.

i remember from staying at the bridgeview in chicago,he ran for president last election, thats to bad, he was pretty intelligent man,hell be missed, rip carl