ABF | YRC stock tanking

A

aerobatt

YRC’s stock dropped to .89 cents today. I hate to see someone go out of business, but if that’s what is going to happen I hope they hurry up and do it so ABF can take a little piece of their pie. Maybe I can get my job back.

ABF should have made the move for YRC freight a long time ago. If they have not, all the good stuff is long gone! The good old boys in Ft Smith ain't in a hurry to do nuthin.
Same thing happen when C.F. went down. Too little too late as always.

You guys are great! ABF will faulter if YRC goes down. Can you understand what will happen to the unfunded liability of the pension fund to the last unionized company paying? You better pray you get all the freight not just a piece of the pie as you state! Good luck to all yrc teamsters!!!!!!

YRC’s stock dropped to .89 cents today. I hate to see someone go out of business, but if that’s what is going to happen I hope they hurry up and do it so ABF can take a little piece of their pie. Maybe I can get my job back.

Way to support your fellow teamsters BROTHER!

Thanks,spoken like a true MEASTER!:nutkick:

I'm sorry that your laid-off as I am but, wishing another TEAMSTER company goes out of business to get your job back is not right. Good luck to YRC TEAMSTERS!!!!!!

I'm sorry that your laid-off as I am but, wishing another TEAMSTER company goes out of business to get your job back is not right. Good luck to YRC TEAMSTERS!!!!!!

Welcome to capitalism, it's survival of the fittest, now more than ever. YRCW going out of business will correct the imbalance of excess capacity vs. existing freight. As far as guys losing their jobs, well, all I can say is "sorry for your luck"

I have been mostly out of work since Jan but I do not want to go back to work at the expense of 50,000 people. If YRC fails so does our pension.

your one great union brother your to dumb to understand abf can't stand a lone out there. your BA at your local needs to give you a good cussing

your one great union brother your to dumb to understand abf can't stand a lone out there. your BA at your local needs to give you a good cussing

I think you’re the one that’s to dumb to understand that ABF will be just fine without yellow. If you think that ABF would take up yellows slack in the pension fund till it bleeds them dry guess again.

Teamsters and YRCW Reach Tentative Agreement | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

July 9, 2009
The Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Subcommittee announced today that a tentative agreement has been reached with YRCW that addresses the Company’s immediate cash concerns and long-term competitiveness while protecting Teamster members’ jobs and benefits once the company returns to profitability.

Details of the Tentative Agreement will be made available to the membership after being explained to Local Union leaders early next week.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=yrcw

Gee, I wonder if the Teamsters will give ABF the same deal it gave YRC?
I also wonder if the IBT will approve whats on the table for YRC?

Wouldn't it be nice if somehow abf bought some of yrc and they merged and then you would be so far down the totem poll you never got your job back better watch what you wish for MY TEAMSTER BROTHER.:biglaugh:

ABF is already by themselves since your 10 percent wage cut and no pension payments.
and how much more can they stand a lone if yrc don't pull this thing out. the non union are really going to take a beating. but for some you non union guys that might be a good you'll see how you rode our shirt tails all them years and lets see how you like working for that non union company after they cut your wages 50 percent or better and who's going to stop them after all they may not be a union around to keep your wages up there and you not have to pay anything for it:Off-Topic:

I think you’re the one that’s to dumb to understand that ABF will be just fine without yellow. If you think that ABF would take up yellows slack in the pension fund till it bleeds them dry guess again.
this go's deeper than the pension if yrc folds how long do you think abf is going to go by the contract and why will they the more you are the stronger you are the small you are the weaker you are. if you think standing a lone is the way your going to be looking up a long dark road

Man have times changed, I remember back when A.B.F. did the Carolina deal and A.B.F. was taking a beating, I did not hope for the demise of A.B.F. But now-a-days I guess the younger people who never had to walk the picket line, try to organize, or for that matter take time out of Their precious life to go to a Union Meeting really have no idea what it means to be a part of Organized Labor. And that my friends is SAD.:shift: