ABF | YRC stock tanking

Man have times changed, I remember back when A.B.F. did the Carolina deal and A.B.F. was taking a beating, I did not hope for the demise of A.B.F. But now-a-days I guess the younger people who never had to walk the picket line, try to organize, or for that matter take time out of Their precious life to go to a Union Meeting really have no idea what it means to be a part of Organized Labor. And that my friends is SAD.:shift:

Well said my Brother.........he is a measter.......nuff said.....:TR10driving03:

the younger people???

Man have times changed, I remember back when A.B.F. did the Carolina deal and A.B.F. was taking a beating, I did not hope for the demise of A.B.F. But now-a-days I guess the younger people who never had to walk the picket line, try to organize, or for that matter take time out of Their precious life to go to a Union Meeting really have no idea what it means to be a part of Organized Labor. And that my friends is SAD.:shift:

i always hate to read how the "older guys bash the younger guys" about things. i am laid off from the dock 064 dayton,ohio.i have been for awhile now.we understood there would be layoffs,but 98?!!? that was too many,but the company later said,"hey everybody,you can work 2-4 over everyday plus get a 6th and 7th day." did the older guys say"no" to the overtime to force the company to call people back? hell no! they jumped all over that OT. yeah,there are guys working 7 days a week 12 hour days and greedy doesn't even describe those teamster brothers of mine.now the company wants to bring back 15 guys fulltime and make some new 4 day 10 hour bids......how did the older guys react??? they hated it.....why? it cuts into their overtime if those guys come back....nevermind the younger guys actually still have kids at home and huge bills to pay also.yeah senior men,thank you for your concern.you see here at 064,the senior men and made this us verus them because of their greed. you talk of never walking a picket line?well i guarantee the younger guys would be on it and the older guys crossing it to get their hours $$$. unity?brotherhood?doesn't exist here.i've been here 10 years and never seen one instance of any teamster unity unless it's the 1st & 2nd page of guys on the senority list lol.:eck13:
sorry to vent,but if you can't get by on almost 24 dollars an hours 40 hours a week,then maybe you need to check yourself on what you are spending it on.live within your means,not above it. meanwhile,i wait in vain for my callback call,which my union hall says will happen when YRCW goes under.wow,i gotta have misfortune to happen to other teamsters to help myself.how crappy does that sound?

do you think we all ways work everyday i was layoff at cf for almost three years and back then we only three years layoff not five years like it is today i was down two weeks before mine run out. and it took me almost ten years before i never got anymore laysoffs. if that tm has been told the number they can work that day or that week that's all there going to work it don't matter if have you 10billon pound on that dock there not going to call you in.it's call cost i didn't like back in my day and i don't like now. this is has been this going on long before i got into the freight and if your company is still around after your gone it will still going on. so before you blast the older guys for the most part we had them same shoes on that you have now i didn't like then i don't now. but maybe some day you will be up there somebody will be down below saying the same thing about you.

Wow, how fast we feed on the negative. Wishing others out of work, senior men hogs, junior men mesters... it is sad that when the times get tough, look at us. Shameful. If you are laid off right now, it is a fantastic opprtunity to be productive by getting in touch with the person in charge of organizing in your local and trying to get a job at one of the targeted companies. Now is a time for unity on all fronts not bashing the Union. Try growing it. Being a part of the Union isn't just work rules. Go make a differance already.

and how much more can they stand a lone if yrc don't pull this thing out. the non union are really going to take a beating. but for some you non union guys that might be a good you'll see how you rode our shirt tails all them years and lets see how you like working for that non union company after they cut your wages 50 percent or better and who's going to stop them after all they may not be a union around to keep your wages up there and you not have to pay anything for it:Off-Topic:

There is only one problem with that theory,this little company called UPS will be at 26.25 by 2013,thats 1.83 higher than us.That being said I don't want to see any of the teamsters companies go out,just tired of the your going to attitude.Talk out brotherhood

ABF should have made the move for YRC freight a long time ago. If they have not, all the good stuff is long gone! The good old boys in Ft Smith ain't in a hurry to do nuthin.
Same thing happen when C.F. went down. Too little too late as always.

What makes you so sure that ABF wants that business? I think that you should go over there and solicit the companies that were getting the 95% discounts that CF and Yellow were offering, that actually cost them money to haul their freight.

The occupants of the executive level of ABF know very well what they are doing. NOT picking up losers is rule number one.

Gee, I wonder if the Teamsters will give ABF the same deal it gave YRC?
I also wonder if the IBT will approve whats on the table for YRC?

Maybe while your attention is here, there is probably an ABF sales rep knocking on the doors of your best customers. Your anti-union inferences are really not welcome here.

same old song

do you think we all ways work everyday i was layoff at cf for almost three years and back then we only three years layoff not five years like it is today i was down two weeks before mine run out. and it took me almost ten years before i never got anymore laysoffs. if that tm has been told the number they can work that day or that week that's all there going to work it don't matter if have you 10billon pound on that dock there not going to call you in.it's call cost i didn't like back in my day and i don't like now. this is has been this going on long before i got into the freight and if your company is still around after your gone it will still going on. so before you blast the older guys for the most part we had them same shoes on that you have now i didn't like then i don't now. but maybe some day you will be up there somebody will be down below saying the same thing about you.

yeah i have heard that same old song before. well you'll be up here one day and the guys below you will be saying the same......does that make it right? it was done to me so i'll do it to someone else later.....makes sense doesn't it? when my brothers make sure guys that still have babies at home cannot get back to work i don't call that brotherhood,unity or whatever. i call it greed. i call it wrong. these guys are men with 9-11 years in the company laid off.that's nothing to blow off,that is a good amount of time. i will say this,the older senior guys do lead the way and that's way nothing will change(at least here).i have heard many flat out say,worry about yourself,make your money don't worry about the bottom of the board. if that is just the way it is,then that is pretty sad.anyway,to those that do things the right way,god bless and i hope the best for you. :shift:

oh ya ups freight will be at .6601 a mile in 2013 way higher than the the nmfa hum makes you think i just wonder why is the union knowing that the yrcw is going out why are the teamsters so easy to give up pension contributions sooooooooo easily doesnt make sense

Welcome to capitalism, it's survival of the fittest, now more than ever. YRCW going out of business will correct the imbalance of excess capacity vs. existing freight. As far as guys losing their jobs, well, all I can say is "sorry for your luck"

Correct the imbalance of capacity,and destroy the pensions of tens of thousands of people.There is more to lose here than some people seem to realize.Not just YRCW employees!:nutkick:Pretty simple no money in,no money out end of story!:loser:

There is only one problem with that theory,this little company called UPS will be at 26.25 by 2013,thats 1.83 higher than us.That being said I don't want to see any of the teamsters companies go out,just tired of the your going to attitude.Talk out brotherhood
ups is having there union troubles to. they don't like to pay the wages anf h/w they pay you will not believe how much they interline with the post office and that teamsters jobs that's being give a way and a lot brown guys and gals out there delivering are part timer to. why do you think they got overnite because cheaper labor heath no pension to pay into. some of it union now but it white paper not n.m.f.a. ups is working everyday to get out of there contract to the teamsters you can take that to bank everyday. the last time i checked ups they where something a like around 60 to 40 full to part timer shop. so your saying you want a ups contract i'm sure abf will like that 40 percent casuals all dock workers a $9 to $10dollars hour new hires casuals 18months no h/w oh i forgot if you go full time part times you can drive make little more money. that grass is not always that green on the other side. now for attitude go cry in your beer for your only teamster brother or sister that had to sit at home and lost a days work and do with out because of a layoff. i was a union steward for 20year and as a steward i was layoff and i didn't have super it wasn't right for me to work and the seniors to sit at home i took my bumps just like every one did. they have the seniority now you don't and that's way it is seniority prevails and if you don't like that I'm sure con-way estes Od might talk to you they don't believe in seniority that much you might be a good fit the door is open no one is stopping YOU I'm pretty sure your company will be glad to see you go. end of story for now

X- C.F. man that use to be true, that is the way it was, but not any more now it is the opposite, YRC is making way less than even the large non union carriers now, they are hurting the union carriers that are left with every consesson that they discount away to the customers, ABF is the only good LTL job left, the others are just pay checks, YRC is so big when they discount they now damage the wages of the whole industry including there union brothers and now there non-union brothers as well, we are all Americans just trying to get by. Could all the Non's cut wages in half tomorrow if YRC fails? Of course they can do what ever they want, when ever, but they are almost force to now with every discount.
and how much more can they stand a lone if yrc don't pull this thing out. the non union are really going to take a beating. but for some you non union guys that might be a good you'll see how you rode our shirt tails all them years and lets see how you like working for that non union company after they cut your wages 50 percent or better and who's going to stop them after all they may not be a union around to keep your wages up there and you not have to pay anything for it:Off-Topic:

X- C.F. man that use to be true, that is the way it was, but not any more now it is the opposite, YRC is making way less than even the large non union carriers now, they are hurting the union carriers that are left with every consesson that they discount away to the customers, ABF is the only good LTL job left, the others are just pay checks, YRC is so big when they discount they now damage the wages of the whole industry including there union brothers and now there non-union brothers as well, we are all Americans just trying to get by. Could all the Non's cut wages in half tomorrow if YRC fails? Of course they can do what ever they want, when ever, but they are almost force to now with every discount.

there is some great non union drivers out there. i want to think my brother was.but he understood it was the union that help make his wages not is company. but some of them out don't understand there company are like snakes you can be good to them do anything they ask of you to but if you get that hand to close they will bite it and it might just be your death.

ABF is already by themselves since your 10 percent wage cut and no pension payments.

Who are we fooling,the pension is and has been in the toilet,you have about 220,000 receiveing payments and only about 82,000 paying in,if payments are defered for 12 or18 months what will that do to our pension, can it stand the lack of payments?

Correct the imbalance of capacity,and destroy the pensions of tens of thousands of people.There is more to lose here than some people seem to realize.Not just YRCW employees!:nutkick:Pretty simple no money in,no money out end of story!:loser:

Not to mention "Pension Liability" To remaining Companies. Or Last Man Standing. Multi Employer Pension Plans.