Yellow | YRC Talks: No Demands For Monetary Concessions!

YRC Talks: No Demand for Monetary Concessions | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

YRCW employees are bent over and spread too far now! How much "flexibility" is left?!

:2437::17:

Flexibility to YRC means chipping away at some of the work rules and classifications that were fought for over the last 50 years and in turn chipping away at seniority and that is one of the few protections teamsters have left. You can bet that this flexibility will hurt many teamsters more financially than the other concessions in place. Be very very aware of what flexibility means to your job.

Yrc says no more monetary concessions. However, the underlying message is you won't be getting any more raises for 5 years, but your not giving anything up now. That was talked about in august that they did not want to give any annual raises. After all of this is said and done you will have worked for 10 years and have been credited for less than 2 years of pension credits maybe less if you were laid off for a while. 10 years work used to be 1/3rd of a career. You will be a slave here forever if this passes. Folks......yall better be saving for your own retirement cause there is no gaurantee with central states either.

They can take any additional flexibility and pound it up their ***. They have too much flexibility now. What's next- forcing people to run the road on weekends, like Con-Way? Having all the roadmen work the dock? What other genius plans will they come up with? How about cutting some management? That will make us much more flexible than any more of their bone-headed schemes........

They claim they need a new labor agreement in hand to secure refinancing !! They then purpose to extend the present terms monetarily for 5 years. How does that fix any of the present finance problems ?? how does that convince the banks that they're on the road to recovery so please reinvest ?? Flexibility in work rules will do it ?? that going to convince the bankers that a few more or less bids or such will cure the woes of the situation ? None of this makes any logical sense, this doesn't sound like anything financial it sounds more of just grinding away at the work force & keeping the indentured servants in chains long enough to drain this thing for the rest of what's left

Flexibility equals job cut! Plain and simple. This allows us to continue shrinking in order to grow. Makes no sense whatsoever!

Flexibility ??? thinking this is where we will be bending over ??? if the past 4 years of givebacks did no good , what will the next 5 years do to change anything ??? snake in the woodpile here ????

As a road driver the main thing I would like to see changed is break times for shop employees and hostlers. There is no reason why all of them have to go on break at the same time. That is stupid

As a road driver the main thing I would like to see changed is break times for shop employees and hostlers. There is no reason why all of them have to go on break at the same time. That is stupid

Wow!:notworthy:

That should take care of the debt....

Every little bit helps and when drivers are sitting in the shop for a hour to get a glad hand seal that is a huge waste if time

An hour to get a rubber grommet changed wow! Don't you carry any in your bag? You could change your own in about 30 seconds or so. Now that my friends would be flexibility!

I'm gonna take a guess that contractors pulling your freight will fit into the YRC definition of flexability. Being a UPSF employee being bent over by contractor language, should that language appear in your agreement, just vote no!

I think it already does .as I remember I was raising h@11 over the use of shiny wheels about 7 years ago. last real nmfa agreement .but since I was torn apart for thinking bad thoughts about it and told over and over again by the truckingboards experts that its could never be used hurt us :27: