Yellow | YRC Teamsters Denied Overtime Pay

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=82967.msg857861#msg857861 date=1281617907]
August 11, 2010: Since March, laid off Teamsters on-call for YRC terminals in Cleveland and Copley, Ohio have had weeks where they are working six and sometimes seven days.

YRC is telling them they must be available for work at either terminal at any time. But management is refusing to pay them time and a half for a sixth punch and double time on a seventh punch.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&...rc&usg=AFQjCNFBwSRNaJR-nCrHOvmLRu78dk2-xg
[/quote]
It appears that YRC is going to push the union as far as they can to see how far the union is willing to bend..YRC knows the job market is bad and they believe they can get away with whatever they want to. With abuses like this happening,it`s time for the IBT to draw a line in the sand and force YRC to live up to the contract word for word.No concessions,pay the full pension and enforce the work rules to the letter. If YRC can`t make it after all the concessions,without paying into the pension funds,selling off equipment and property,it may very well be a lost cause. YRC is trying to break the union and by continuing to bend the work rules and the contract they are achieving their goal.

If you knew the contract,they can only force 2 hrs a day.Tell me how you can work in 2 diffrent barns,that are in 2 diffrent locals? Shame on anyone that is working 6 &7 day anyway.Oh I forgot theres a Brotherhood?That reminds me of the story.How do you keep a women a virgin.?

This " news " article is from TDU so I will take it with a grain of salt until we hear from someone at the affected terminals :thumbsup:

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=82967.msg857861#msg857861 date=1281617907]
August 11, 2010: Since March, laid off Teamsters on-call for YRC terminals in Cleveland and Copley, Ohio have had weeks where they are working six and sometimes seven days.

YRC is telling them they must be available for work at either terminal at any time. But management is refusing to pay them time and a half for a sixth punch and double time on a seventh punch.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&...rc&usg=AFQjCNFBwSRNaJR-nCrHOvmLRu78dk2-xg
[/quote]
here at 309 laid off dockmen who are on the soft layoff list....are getting 5 days a week with ot if they want it...there is no 6 or 7 days here for us, no extra day bids are being worked.

I think the key here is that the company is "obligating" the laid-off workers who sign up to work, 5 punches at either barn. It's a unique situation with laid off workers at 218, laid off workers at 211, (who can only work on-call at their barns), and then the "master layoff list" of workers laid off when they closed 257 and made 218 and end-of-the-line barn. Hopefully this will be worked out through the grievance procedure, or through the change of ops committees. Nobody wants to be "forced" to work 7 days week, let alone do it for straight time! Come on Tyson! Put your foot down on this one! :hissy:

[quote author=freightmaster1 link=topic=82967.msg858062#msg858062 date=1281648457]
I think the key here is that the company is "obligating" the laid-off workers who sign up to work, 5 punches at either barn. It's a unique situation with laid off workers at 218, laid off workers at 211, (who can only work on-call at their barns), and then the "master layoff list" of workers laid off when they closed 257 and made 218 and end-of-the-line barn. Hopefully this will be worked out through the grievance procedure, or through the change of ops committees. Nobody wants to be "forced" to work 7 days week, let alone do it for straight time! Come on Tyson! Put your foot down on this one! :hissy:
[/quote]
Same thing here the workers that sign up can work At 309 Chicago or 303 Wheeling...they can get called out to both places to work during the week but they can only work 5 days between the 2 places.

Freightmaster1 is correct. This is happening and TDU seems to be the only ones (so far) trying to get the word out about this injustice. Many of us at 218 are working 50-60 hours or more a week and they are still laying off; in fact, another local cartage man was laid off tonight. The steward has even caught them being over their hours for 30/90 and they are still doing this.

But it is my understanding that local management is not calling the shots here. They are being told what to do by people over their heads either in Akron or KC.

[quote author=RocketManCVE link=topic=82967.msg858618#msg858618 date=1281755310]
Freightmaster1 is correct. This is happening and TDU seems to be the only ones (so far) trying to get the word out about this injustice. Many of us at 218 are working 50-60 hours or more a week and they are still laying off; in fact, another local cartage man was laid off tonight. The steward has even caught them being over their hours for 30/90 and they are still doing this.

But it is my understanding that local management is not calling the shots here. They are being told what to do by people over their heads either in Akron or KC.
[/quote]

The TDU article says they ( YRC ) are not paying OT on the sixth and seventh punch are you verifying this ?

R-14, yes I do believe that is the case from what the laid off pool people have said, so many of them simply do not answer their work calls on day 6+7 and take a warning letter instead. There was a case of one guy that I knew that worked something like 20 days in a row between the two barns and got a lettter because he had to be off for some family emergency (laid off not allowed to use vacation days, etc.) that occured. Of course, he got a letter.

They send out so many warning letters (certified) that I would love to have a chunk of their postage bill.

[quote author=RocketManCVE link=topic=82967.msg858656#msg858656 date=1281760385]
R-14, yes I do believe that is the case from what the laid off pool people have said, so many of them simply do not answer their work calls on day 6+7 and take a warning letter instead. There was a case of one guy that I knew that worked something like 20 days in a row between the two barns and got a lettter because he had to be off for some family emergency (laid off not allowed to use vacation days, etc.) that occured. Of course, he got a letter.

They send out so many warning letters (certified) that I would love to have a chunk of their postage bill.
[/quote]

Thank you VERY much for the info ! :thumbsup: I hope this as other things comes to a fast ending soon !!

Well, it sounds more like CCX than YRC. I guess that every one not having,that hard of a time with its still going on. why would you complain and do something about it.I imagine theres guys that are volunteering for it?That why nothing is getting done.the company thinking guys want to work 6-7 days a week.and probally right.This is sad.Not getting overtime.How about the guy thats not getting no time,ever think about him............NO.If there was a Brotherhood, guys would stick together.Thats enough work for 2 guys.60-70hrs a week.like I said they can only force 2 hrs a day,you think they could fire you,its in your work rules.

What has been said here is true. It has been grieved at the local level and in Columbus, Now it has been forwarded to Chicago or the change committee. (I forget which one)

Why don't they just change the name of this company to "Tin Cup Express". Why is everybody supposed to keep giving and giving to keep this failed enterprise afloat. To those who said right from the beginning, and I wasn't one of them, that once you start giving it will never end....well you have been vindicated. That is the reality, keep giving and giving without end. Then "Zollars the Clown" can proclaim how his masterpiece comprehensive turn around plan was a success. Of course by then you'll be making $12 an hour with no overtime and no pension, and still getting kicked in the groin as an expression of their gratitude.

Yes this is happening, don't know about forced. Paid casual pay at second terminal. They aren't considered 6th punch because they are not at the same terminal. Florida is the location I was told first hand about(I trust him completely).