ABF | YRC Teamsters Reject Latest MOU

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

YRC's Teamsters are not going to forfeit any more. The votes were counted on January 8, 2014 and the result was almost 2:1 opposing any further concessions.

(WASHINGTON) – Teamsters at YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW) rejected the company’s proposal that would have extended and modified the existing memorandum of understanding. Members voted over the past several weeks and ballots were counted today. The proposed extension and modification was voted down 61 percent to 39 percent. Vote results can be viewed, here.

YRCW Teamsters Reject Extending, Modifying Current Restructuring Agreement | Teamsters

I, for one am glad that someone has finally put a stop to the madness. Now we will see what YRC has kept up their sleeve for Plan B.

Here's hoping for the best for the workers over there. The thing that I heard the most from the guys was about that charade when YRC offered to buy ABF during our contract negotiations last year. I feel as though that move put our younger folks on edge and coerced a 'yes' vote out of them. In the end it bites Welch and Co. in the ass. Paybacks are hell Mr. Welch now let us see your next move.

YRC's Teamsters are not going to forfeit any more. The votes were counted on January 8, 2014 and the result was almost 2:1 opposing any further concessions.

YRCW Teamsters Reject Extending, Modifying Current Restructuring Agreement | Teamsters

I, for one am glad that someone has finally put a stop to the madness. Now we will see what YRC has kept up their sleeve for Plan B.

Here's hoping for the best for the workers over there. The thing that I heard the most from the guys was about that charade when YRC offered to buy ABF during our contract negotiations last year. I feel as though that move put our younger folks on edge and coerced a 'yes' vote out of them. In the end it bites Welch and Co. in the ass. Paybacks are hell Mr. Welch now let us see your next move.
Seems like hes back talking again about the vote, saying financing was not in order before the 23rd & a list of other excuses. The members have spoken overwhelmingly telling him & union leaders no it must stop! Good for the YRC teamsters & good luck....

Seems like hes back talking again about the vote, saying financing was not in order before the 23rd & a list of other excuses. The members have spoken overwhelmingly telling him & union leaders no it must stop! Good for the YRC teamsters & good luck....
Glad somebody had the Stugats to stop the bleeding !!!!

Glad They had the Stugats to stop the bleeding !!!!