Yellow | Yrc The Cancer Of The Trucking Industry

I guess that's the difference between you and me. I don't forget my friends and I don't forget what the Teamsters once was..
That is why I'm pissed at what YRC (Yellow) has done to my former company and other good companies in their takeovers. It is no different than what happened in the airline industry when hostile companies took over other airlines, then drained them dry of assets, making the CEO, COO and other execs richer. Hundreds of good union employees were out of a job.
Same thing is happening now in the freight industry. Good companies are being taken over by Yellow (YRC) , drained of any assets (property sold' equipment sold) replaced with leased property and equip that cannot be touched in a bankruptcy. When YRC does eventually shut the doors, there won't be much to divide up among the unemployed former workers.
The Teamsters, and especially the Freight Division under Hoffa, is just a shadow of what it once was before Hoffa Junior came along. The Freight Division is just about non-existent due to the concessions given to the companies and the fact that now the non-union companies are paying more and "eating our lunch". The YRCW companies are now considered "bottom feeders". So, yeah, I've been retired since 2007, but I still try to remember what it once was and what YRC is doing to the entire trucking industry, especially the union part of it and the retirees. Hoffa would probably be happy to see the entire Teamster Freight Division disappear anyhow. The Teamsters now have 21 other divisions that give up an endless supply of dues money to the IBT.
Yes, I probably am living in the past - and maybe you never knew the past - but the past was good and the present sucks.
After welcoming the pay cuts and revisions to the contract at YRC, there is no going back. YRC now has you right where they want you.
I guess that's why 511 had several trailers loaded come missing in december.Somebody making sure they get theirs.I heard the tractors came missing with those trailers.How do you just drive off the yard and at the time security guards weren't present.Tons of cameras at 511.rather new also.

I guess that's why 511 had several trailers loaded come missing in december.Somebody making sure they get theirs.I heard the tractors came missing with those trailers.How do you just drive off the yard and at the time security guards weren't present.Tons of cameras at 511.rather new also.
Easy, no body looks @ the camera until their is some incident that comes to management's attention. If a thief dresses & looks like the workers @ the barn & just walk across the yard like he belongs, who would know the difference? Perception is everything. Jeans, safety vest, jacket, dark looking shoes, & some kind of hat could be a road driver coming & going to work, or not. von.

Easy, no body looks @ the camera until their is some incident that comes to management's attention. If a thief dresses & looks like the workers @ the barn & just walk across the yard like he belongs, who would know the difference? Perception is everything. Jeans, safety vest, jacket, dark looking shoes, & some kind of hat could be a road driver coming & going to work, or not. von.
How would just a normal Joe know that those trailers had anything of any value on them if it wasn't an inside job?

Years ago ABF had a set stolen in Chicago full of Computer hardware worth 1.5 million. Funny thing is they didn't find the equipment for a month. Found the tractor 2 days later. Someone had parked the trailers on some warehouse empties lot with a bunch of other trailers. Kind of like looking for a trailer @ Union Pacific Global 1 or 2 yard. Someone from the warehouse finally called ABF wondering when they were going to come pick up their trailers. If ya ever want to hide a trailer for a long time, a large empties lot for different company's trailers is not a bad idea. von.

YRC must not value their trailers very much to post that kind of reward. von.
Have you seen some of them lately? Tinder boxes on the inside. Ya. Still have plywood. Well. What little that has not been ripped off. Not saying anything about the drafty floors.
:lmao:
No they don't value anything but upper management.
Now. Seems like they would value what's in them.
Apparently not. Like. Fishing without a worm.

I just woke up. I shouldn't be in here.
Too dark!

Hey Wong, it's those "company brown nose guys" who voted to accept the MOU so that the company could survive till now so people like you could continue to whine and complain while you lack the gonads to get up and leave the job you hate and get something better. But hey, go ahead and do your whining, you're quite amusing.
The "gonads" comment by this person (Triplex) really infuriates me. It seems that "gonads" was what was missing on the people that caved in to a company that was using thinly veiled extortion and coercion to get what they wanted from a majority of employees they KNEW had no backbone.
EXTORTION : A practice of obtaining property, money or services from an individual or institution through coercion.
COERSION : The practice of "persuading" someone to do something by using force or threats. (such as job loss)
Both of these tactics were well known back in the days of the "mob" enforcers to get what they wanted. Now it seems that YRC bosses are OK with using those tactics against their own employees, while Hoffa stands by in silent approval.
Whatever happened to the "gonads" that Teamsters used to have in the picket lines of the 1930's when companies used REAL coercion such as company hired goons armed with baseball bats and other weapons? I even stood with my father on one such picket line in 1959. Those picket lines were formed by Teamsters and Teamster leaders that weren't about to back down from company threats.. Now it's "just be happy you have a job". and nobody wants to question it or stand up for what they deserve, These "snowflakes" that claim to be Teamsters now, make a mockery of those that DID have the "gonads" to fight for their jobs and fair wages against the company bosses. Those WITHOUT "gonads" wanted to cave in and accept any company demand, even back then, or they just took the easy way out and quit like you are telling Wong to do. I sure wouldn't want YOU watching MY back in a firefight.

The "gonads" comment by this person (Triplex) really infuriates me. It seems that "gonads" was what was missing on the people that caved in to a company that was using thinly veiled extortion and coercion to get what they wanted from a majority of employees they KNEW had no backbone.
EXTORTION : A practice of obtaining property, money or services from an individual or institution through coercion.
COERSION : The practice of "persuading" someone to do something by using force or threats. (such as job loss)
Both of these tactics were well known back in the days of the "mob" enforcers to get what they wanted. Now it seems that YRC bosses are OK with using those tactics against their own employees, while Hoffa stands by in silent approval.
Whatever happened to the "gonads" that Teamsters used to have in the picket lines of the 1930's when companies used REAL coercion such as company hired goons armed with baseball bats and other weapons? I even stood with my father on one such picket line in 1959. Those picket lines were formed by Teamsters and Teamster leaders that weren't about to back down from company threats.. Now it's "just be happy you have a job". and nobody wants to question it or stand up for what they deserve, These "snowflakes" that claim to be Teamsters now, make a mockery of those that DID have the "gonads" to fight for their jobs and fair wages against the company bosses. Those WITHOUT "gonads" wanted to cave in and accept any company demand, even back then, or they just took the easy way out and quit like you are telling Wong to do. I sure wouldn't want YOU watching MY back in a firefight.
I experienced two Teamster strikes during the 1970's. Then the big one for me was the Teamster strike in 1994. For you all that stand tall in 2019, first of all I hope your not disappointed on the first day. When the company starts pulling trucks past your picket line, and no one will follow your example. None of the big talkers will back you up as you poke tires or pull fifth wheel trailer releases. That's what I found out as a retraining order was issued for me, and two or three others. I found out that talk is cheap.

henry j, it's not the thirties or 1959 anymore. The Mafia's influence with the Teamsters Union is gone. And the Teamsters Union no longer has an interest with LTL trucking, Imo. You sir, are living in the past hey days of the Teamsters Union, Imo.

henry j, it's not the thirties or 1959 anymore. The Mafia's influence with the Teamsters Union is gone. And the Teamsters Union no longer has an interest with LTL trucking, Imo. You sir, are living in the past hey days of the Teamsters Union, Imo.
Henry J is simply stating a fact about the weakness of these Teamsters, everyone knows it's not the 1930's..get real!

The reading is on the wall, they will close the doors, let it happen YRC has destroyed the trucking industry along with many life's have been ruined , plenty of stress, no respect, let it die!!!

Always amazes me how many retired people, sitting at home,telling us that are stuck in this mess, what they would do if it was them, or how they would dictate to the company how to do things, or how YRC has ruined the whole trucking industry.

Always amazes me how many retired people, sitting at home,telling us that are stuck in this mess, what they would do if it was them, or how they would dictate to the company how to do things, or how YRC has ruined the whole trucking industry.

Backseat drivers/Armchair generals/Omnipotent slugs.