FedEx Freight | YRC To Be Delisted From Dow Jones

IF the worst comes around, last week is a good indication that we are in NO position to handle the amount of freight we would get.

IF the worst comes around, last week is a good indication that we are in NO position to handle the amount of freight we would get.

Good lord you all seem to think that if Yrc goes out that we will not be able to handle the additional bussiness. Remember Yrc has already lost 47% of its freight, the economy is still weak and their still a lot of freight Companies out there that will swallow all that remaining freight like nothing. Not to mention January is just around the corner. I think we will be O k!

Good lord you all seem to think that if Yrc goes out that we will not be able to handle the additional bussiness. Remember Yrc has already lost 47% of its freight, the economy is still weak and their still a lot of freight Companies out there that will swallow all that remaining freight like nothing. Not to mention January is just around the corner. I think we will be O k!

We had a "uptick" in freight volumes last week. Suddenly everyone is working 12 + hours and the loads sucked, the freight was late, and pickups were missed.

Given our performance with a "uptick", I think it's safe to say that with even a 35% increase, we could not handle it. We don't have the equipment, and we CERTAINTLY do not have the manpower. We can't even get the freight we do have into the SC's on time. They were once again freaking out breaking a PT trailer at 11:30 today. And the bill count wasn't anything to get excited about. The only excitment was late freight.

Imagine a 35% increase with the same restrictions on hours to make sure our part time dockworkers get off in time.

We used to be flexible, but no more.

A couple of things:

First, if you loose half of your savings account, what would the implications be to the broader economy? If Bill Gates looses half of his savings account, what would the implications be? YRC is a BIG DEAL.....even at the point it is at now.

Second, think of it in these terms.......YRC currently does about as much business as we do. What would it look like if we suddenly closed the doors tomorrow? What would it do to the industry at large? Do you really think SAIA,ODFL, and the regionals are in any position to pick up the slack? Nope.

Be careful of what you wish for. The end is near for YRC, that's no secret. But be prepared to work 6 days a week and maxing out your hours, because that is what is about to happen.

Good luck and Peace......(By the way, I work for FXF. I also was around when the Teamsters went on strike back around '95 or so.....I remember what it was like and it wasn't any fun).

I've got a vacation coming up at the end of the year and they told me it might get canceled. I've never had that happen in 18 yrs. They better look out cause if they keep doing this kind of thing we may be the next YRC. I'm already seeing vote union on some of our trlrs.

I hate to see YRC close ... because its peoples JOBS ...

But if it happens I think we will rise to it and get it done ..... I have faith in my fellow workers .....

I don't know why people think we will have to take it all .... we will take care of our customers that we already have and only add what we can handle .. we have done this before ..

Rat, Yrc will be delisted from the transportation average and will be delisted completely from the Dow Jones on 12/11/09 after the closing bell. YRC will be then be moved to the Nasdaq. :TR10driving03:

Rat, Yrc will be delisted from the transportation average and will be delisted completely from the Dow Jones on 12/11/09 after the closing bell. YRC will be then be moved to the Nasdaq. :TR10driving03:

diesel dummy :clap:

YRCW has always been listed and a part of the Nasdaq.
Dow Jones Transportation Index which consists of only 20 transportation stocks is the one that is kicking out YRCW from their index because their stock value is so low (around a nickel) that it was distorting the rest of their Index.
You have to remember that when the YRCW stock is trading at $1.00 and you take into consideration the 1 for 20 reverse split after this tender offer with the bondholders is accepted and they end up owning 95% of YRC then the other stockholders still left will actually own 5% of YRC or 0.05 cents per
new share.

:shift:

diesel dummy :clap:

YRCW has always been listed and a part of the Nasdaq.
Dow Jones Transportation Index which consists of only 20 transportation stocks is the one that is kicking out YRCW from their index because their stock value is so low (around a nickel) that it was distorting the rest of their Index.
You have to remember that when the YRCW stock is trading at $1.00 and you take into consideration the 1 for 20 reverse split after this tender offer with the bondholders is accepted and they end up owning 95% of YRC then the other stockholders still left will actually own 5% of YRC or 0.05 cents per
new share.

:shift:
:wacko::wacko: