FedEx Freight | YRC to cut another 50 terminals in 2011

As soon as we know about the new hours of service regulations. 11 hours driving=a good chance of more closures, 10 hours driving= a major reconfiguration this spring.

The Teamsters are pushing hard to go back to the 10 hour schedule, supposedly to put more drivers back to work. Lots of runs are set up for the 11 hour schedule. It will be interesting to see what happens. TP

The Teamsters are pushing hard to go back to the 10 hour schedule, supposedly to put more drivers back to work. Lots of runs are set up for the 11 hour schedule. It will be interesting to see what happens. TP

They'll probably talk the government into doing it as the only hope to save the company or something silly like that

Bigcreep, I realize they are closing 100 terminals on Jan 31. I'm talking about after Jan 31. A lot of the major metropolitan areas, like LA are not closing terminals FXF & FXFN terminals that are in close proxcimity. You can bet some of these terminals will be closing or merging in the near future.

I heard some talk about going back to ten hours many months ago, but haven't heard a word about it in a while. With all the happenings in Washington the past year I just figured this agenda was pushed to the bottom of the priority totem pole.

We can only HOPE it goes back to ten hours. Bottom line, it would result in additional runs.

:clap:

i would like to see a ten hour rule, then maybe we would get some good runs, maybe these illegal runs runs out of cgt would come to us, they run a bhm run illegal, they are going to put on 6 cmh runs during the day illegal, shall i go on

Not So Fast There Partner.................

I'm sure the new House of Representatives will find ways to cut the money so that any new changes in HOS do not go into effect. We don't need to go backwards to fix something that ain't broke. Those lightweight drivers that can't handle driving 11 hours a day need to stay driving their forklifts instead.

:Violin::Violin::Violin:

just aliittle bit of info driver the runs to cmh are meets there its only a 316 mile run total for us to meet the cgt guys and you can meet bhm with cgt because cgt runs down to louiville at night on a hub turn so bhm meets them around there we meet bhm drivers out of cmh this company couldnt get away with running illegal runs everyday come on now

just aliittle bit of info driver the runs to cmh are meets there its only a 316 mile run total for us to meet the cgt guys and you can meet bhm with cgt because cgt runs down to louiville at night on a hub turn so bhm meets them around there we meet bhm drivers out of cmh this company couldnt get away with running illegal runs everyday come on now

bigdaddy300 :clap:

I can see where in the winter you may have a hard time making a turn or meet run due to bad weather, icy roads or temporay road closures due to accidents. In that case if you are going to be 1 or 2 hours short of making it back to your terminal safely, you need to call your terminal so they will send you a new driver in a car to meet you so you do not go over the 11 hours driving or the 14 hour total on duty time. Once you jump in the personal car you can still drive, but you would be officially off duty while driving a personal car.

:1sm364jumpbed::1sm364jumpbed::1sm364jumpbed:

bigdaddy300 :clap:

I can see where in the winter you may have a hard time making a turn or meet run due to bad weather, icy roads or temporay road closures due to accidents. In that case if you are going to be 1 or 2 hours short of making it back to your terminal safely, you need to call your terminal so they will send you a new driver in a car to meet you so you do not go over the 11 hours driving or the 14 hour total on duty time. Once you jump in the personal car you can still drive, but you would be officially off duty while driving a personal car.

:1sm364jumpbed::1sm364jumpbed::1sm364jumpbed:

theres the 16 hour rule for that you can use once a week

theres the 16 hour rule for that you can use once a week

Gator :clap:

That is true. Thanks for including that. But what can happen sometimes is that if you have a high mileage run and adverse driving conditions, you are still not allowed to go over the 11 hours total driving. That 16 hours is only good if you come back to your own service center and for on duty not driving.

:17142::17142::17142:

Gator :clap:

That is true. Thanks for including that. But what can happen sometimes is that if you have a high mileage run and adverse driving conditions, you are still not allowed to go over the 11 hours total driving. That 16 hours is only good if you come back to your own service center and for on duty not driving.

:17142::17142::17142:

are you sure I think it says if the run can be normally ran in your allotted time and due to adverse weather then you get a once a week 16 hour rule to complete the run but I could be wrong.

yea and this will just be a start to the downsizing, also wait and see they will merge New Penn in with them any way even with a yes vote and LAYOFFS should start at all barns in the next 2 weeks too !!!!!!!! YRC needs to get rid of all the little small barns of less than 15 drivers a lot of cost cuts coming by Dec. 31st 2010!!!

are you sure I think it says if the run can be normally ran in your allotted time and due to adverse weather then you get a once a week 16 hour rule to complete the run but I could be wrong.

"If UNEXPECTED adverse driving conditions slow you down, you may drive up to 2 extra hours to complete what could have been driven in normal conditions." "Even though you may drive 2 extra hours under this exception, you must not drive after the 14th consecutive hour...."

www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/truck/driver/hos/fmcsa-guide-to-hos.pdf

Bigcreep, I realize they are closing 100 terminals on Jan 31. I'm talking about after Jan 31. A lot of the major metropolitan areas, like LA are not closing terminals FXF & FXFN terminals that are in close proxcimity. You can bet some of these terminals will be closing or merging in the near future.

BINGO!!!! Give that man a cupie doll!!!!
Which is why it's such a bad idea to transfer anywhere.
What we're seeing now is only Phase I.
There will be further mergers and consolidations as time goes on.
So guys want to move to a new barn, sell their homes (good luck with that), put their kids in a new school, wife has to make new friends...only to move another year or two down the line?