Reddaway | YRC To Possibly Cut 3750 Jobs Do To Yellow/Roadway Merger

It was a misquote by an international news service. They admitted it was a mistake and changed the story to reflect that. It was picked up and reported by many news sources before it was corrected. Its still very troubling though, even if it doesn't effect USF.

It was a misquote by an international news service. They admitted it was a mistake and changed the story to reflect that. It was picked up and reported by many news sources before it was corrected. Its still very troubling though, even if it doesn't effect USF.

OK let me get this right. All the articles that I read where they said they were closing 27 USF terminals were misprinted or "wrong"? They actually meant roadway or yellow terminals?

If that the case your right its still very troubling. But I do think they will probably close USF terminals once they are done merging yellow and roadway. It may be a while but there are too many overlapping terminals.

OK let me get this right. All the articles that I read where they said they were closing 27 USF terminals were misprinted or "wrong"? They actually meant roadway or yellow terminals?

If that the case your right its still very troubling. But I do think they will probably close USF terminals once they are done merging yellow and roadway. It may be a while but there are too many overlapping terminals.

Well, you know me, I put up or shut up. Here you go....

Corrects to add "up to" in first paragraph, corrects names of two units in second paragraph)

CHICAGO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - No. 1 U.S. trucking company YRC Worldwide Inc (YRCW.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) is to cut up to 3,750 hourly jobs as part of ongoing efforts to revamp operations at two units, a spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The job cuts will consist of dock workers and truck drivers at its Roadway and Yellow Transportation units, representing roughly 6 percent of YRC's total work force of 58,000.....

Click below for the full story:

OFFICIAL-CORRECTED-YRC to cut up to 3,750 jobs at units | Industries | Industrials, Materials & Utilities | Reuters

Well, you know me, I put up or shut up. Here you go....

Corrects to add "up to" in first paragraph, corrects names of two units in second paragraph)

CHICAGO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - No. 1 U.S. trucking company YRC Worldwide Inc (YRCW.O: Quote, Profile, Research, Stock Buzz) is to cut up to 3,750 hourly jobs as part of ongoing efforts to revamp operations at two units, a spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The job cuts will consist of dock workers and truck drivers at its Roadway and Yellow Transportation units, representing roughly 6 percent of YRC's total work force of 58,000.....

Click below for the full story:

OFFICIAL-CORRECTED-YRC to cut up to 3,750 jobs at units | Industries | Industrials, Materials & Utilities | Reuters

Thanks. That is the article I read. If you look at the bottom is says 27 such USF terimals would be closed in February. Are they actually talking about this past Feb. when they closed the bestway terminals? Thats the part that is confusing me.

Yes, they were talking about Feb. 2008. Did you notice they also referred to YRC as, "the largest U.S. truck maker". Who ever wrote that story, shouldn't be doing what they do.

Yes, they were talking about Feb. 2008. Did you notice they also referred to YRC as, "the largest U.S. truck maker". Who ever wrote that story, shouldn't be doing what they do.

I did notice that. You have to wonder about some of these writers.