New Penn | YRC Update-Not So Good!

Copied directly from the YRC Form 10-Q, filed 5/11/09 with the SEC (page 10):
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....156&p=irol-sec...

"...The Company has deferred one pension contribution payment of $21.1 million with one Pension Fund and one health and welfare payment of $18.3 million with one health and welfare fund through May 15, 2009 pursuant to a deferral agreement and has ceased making pension contribution payments in April 2009 to its Pension Funds until the Company concludes its discussions with the Pension Funds and the Teamsters..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NP driver Stop with the doom and gloom..The stock took a hit but so did every other trucking stock some a lot more than YRC.I sure hope you don't go into your customers and preach this sh*t:TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

NP driver Stop with the doom and gloom..The stock took a hit but so did every other trucking stock some a lot more than YRC.I sure hope you don't go into your customers and preach this sh*t:TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

What doom and gloom is he preaching?? He's posting a news article!!
take the dam blinders off..cause the whole company is F***ed!!
Tell yrc to sell off their china ::shit:: and raise some money!!!

Knowledge Is Power!

I post relevant information here WITHOUT any personal opinion or agenda. If you do not agree with that you are entitled to your opinion thanks to a well-known yet often misunderstood document called "The Constitution Of The United States Of America" Should I post from that, or continue trying to keep my brothers at New Penn informed about our company's future? The ONLY thing I preach to my customers on a daily basis is how grateful I am that they chose to use New Penn as their carrier! I work New Penn Proud every day, and will do whatever it takes to help this company succeed. That is what being a Teamster and a New Penn employee is all about. Have you brought anything helpful to this board recently?

Conwayl,Saia,Fed Ex,and UPS all up yesterday in stocks

I post relevant information here WITHOUT any personal opinion or agenda. If you do not agree with that you are entitled to your opinion thanks to a well-known yet often misunderstood document called "The Constitution Of The United States Of America" Should I post from that, or continue trying to keep my brothers at New Penn informed about our company's future? The ONLY thing I preach to my customers on a daily basis is how grateful I am that they chose to use New Penn as their carrier! I work New Penn Proud every day, and will do whatever it takes to help this company succeed. That is what being a Teamster and a New Penn employee is all about. Have you brought anything helpful to this board recently?

WOW,hard to come back on this one:clap: I am glad your Newpenn proud and hope you remain this way for a long time.I also give my all when I am working,although it gets tiring when your at a customer and you have to hear them tell you, Hey,I hear you guys might not make it through the summer lies being spread by NEMF drivers.then you get back to the term and you have to listen to your own doom and gloom guys and finally you get home open a beer and read more doom and gloom and start to wonder how much truth is to all the bs. So there fore under my constitutional rights, I will apologize to you if I upset you with my non-informational post and would hope you continue to post here..

You do not need to apologize. You have your view and I have mine. I find the best way to deal with wary shippers is to look them square in the eye and remind them New Penn will be around for a long time and I thank them for giving us their business! We offer great service and very low damage claims. The confidence you show in New Penn builds customer confidence-it is that easy. Rumors come and go but New Penn Proud employees don't dwell on negativity and pessimism. Shippers hear drivers **** and moan all day long. I try to be different and optimistic. Let's all do our jobs and leave management to worry about what is to come. You are the one and only captain of your ship. You can either steer it onto the rocks or hoist the sails and enjoy a day on the water. Never under-estimate the power of a positive mental attitude!