Reddaway | YRC Wage Reduction & Plan Documents

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING - YRC WAGE REDUCTION - JOB SECURITY PLAN

Thank you for bearing with me today....I wanted EVERYTHING to be correct for ALL to see!.....KK

8 Pages total....KK

Local 728

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING - YRC WAGE REDUCTION - JOB SECURITY PLAN

Thank you for bearing with me today....I wanted EVERYTHING to be correct for ALL to see!.....KK

8 Pages total....KK

Local 728
yrc, a company that holds yellow, roadway, holland and new penn... I didnt see REDDAWAY in that 1st paragraph.. does that mean we all good down here in So. Cal!!!:clap::clap:

yrc, a company that holds yellow, roadway, holland and new penn... I didnt see REDDAWAY in that 1st paragraph.. does that mean we all good down here in So. Cal!!!:clap::clap:

Because those companies come under the NMFA...they sad ALL companies will be affected...thos with "white paper" contracts will be donating also!.....KK

well thats bad news:cuss:

I told ya.....There is no way the union would give a cut and no one else. Never happen. They would have never agreed to it if only the union contracts would be affected. You didn't really think Reddaway would have escaped the cut? :chairshot:

I love your thinking though. :popcorn: :biglaugh:

Because those companies come under the NMFA...they sad ALL companies will be affected...thos with "white paper" contracts will be donating also!.....KK

Not necessarily... YRCW will come asking for the same 10% reduction. We then, just like the YRCW Companies under the NMFA are doing now, will vote to either take the cut or not. YRCW Companies will probably vote to take the paycut. Reddaway Employees will still be paid less in total compensation (wage + pension contribution) for doing the same job. I don't think we will or should vote to take the cut. YRCW will save over 300 million a year from the NMFA Paycut. If that isn't enough, I'm sorry.
In solidarity, Bam

Bam, I hope you're right? There are so many things written in to the NMFA that make YRC have to ask before they act. The white paper contracts don't have the same language unfortunately. We'll all see, if this 10% reduction passes, for the people under the NMFA, I'm afraid one of two things will happen to everyone else. They will stay and take the 10% reduction or find another place to work, just my opinion about this issue.

Bam, I hope you're right? There are so many things written in to the NMFA that make YRC have to ask before they act. The white paper contracts don't have the same language unfortunately. We'll all see, if this 10% reduction passes, for the people under the NMFA, I'm afraid one of two things will happen to everyone else. They will stay and take the 10% reduction or find another place to work, just my opinion about this issue.

Of course I'm right...Give it some thought.....Are you a Union Employee working for Reddaway? Where in your contract does it give the company the right to cut your wage. Safeguards aren't and don't need to be written into the NMFA or our white paper contract. Thats what the NLRB is for. Reddaway is contractually obligated to pay bargaining employees the wage that was negotiated.
Non Union Terminals and Management were told what they will sacrafice and it is done. Union Employees are asked. Remember that fact when debating with a non union employee of any company.

Ballots are out now for Yellow, Roadway, and USF Holland Employees. They will be counted on the 30th and will go into effect on Jan 1st '09. New Penn will vote seperately at a later date when asked to take the cut. Haven't heard yet that they've been asked to vote on a cut.

I think your opinion is flawed. The idea that one of two things will happen "take the 10% reduction or find another place to work". Are you suggesting YRCW would shut down Reddaway if wage concessions are not voted in? Not likely. If YRCW NMFA Companies (Yellow, Roadway and USF Holland) agree to the cut in wage they are still $ ahead in hourly compensation (hourly wage+pension contributions) when compared to Reddaway employees. Last time I checked Reddaway is turning a profit and Yellow/Roadway were not. So I ask you why would they close a profitable portion in favor of a non profitable portion that has higher overhead? I think YRCW also likes the fact that a percentage of Reddaway is non union. Remember what happened with CF and non union Conway.
In solidarity, Bam

No, I don't work for Reddaway. You're new to Truckingboards so you're not really familiar with other members, that have been around here for a while. As you're here a little longer you'll learn who you can listen to and who is full of peanut butter. If you look in my user profile, you will see where I'm from and who I work for, Holland. I will continue to give my opinions and insights about things that affect all of us. Thats what this site is here for, to exchange information. The Reddaway members know me and know what I've stated to them in the past. They know how correct or incorrect I've been with what I've shared. I've read your posts in Oak Harbors Forums and understand how you feel about things. Oak Harbor, is one issue we all hate to see anybody have to go through. I've been around for a long time and have seen many things before. As far as who's making money goes, YRC changes the numbers around all the time saying one is making money and another isn't. Then the ones that made money are loosing money and so on. YRC can sell or close Reddaway any time it wants but I don't feel it will and certainly hope it never does. YRC won't shut down Yellow/Roadway or Holland because it couldn't afford to pay the premiums on the NMFA pension without them. New Penn is voting separately because it was a "me to" addition to the NMFA. I agree that YRC loves the fact that some of Reddaway is Non-Union, it also loves that the part of Reddaway, that is Union, isn't in the NMFA. As far as my opinion on the two choices go, thats my opinion. Lets just agree to disagree about this issue and see who's correct in the end, just for fun. If the economy wasn't in the shape its in, none of us would be going through any of this. Just try to enjoy Truckingboards and be willing to accept other members opinions about things, no matter if they're right or wrong, in your opinion. We all love to debate by attacking the post but we never allow anyone to attack the poster. I think you're going to like it here with all of us.

You're right Bam is a new name to this forum. I never stop learning who is full of peanut butter. Hey, I like peanut butter, but know what you mean. I welcome your opinions and insights.
You are very right about YRCW being able to flex the numbers to some extent. Again the example of Conway/CF comes to mind... Sure hope history doesn't repeat itself.
I bet the Red Star guys thought their jobs were secure too. Same goes for Bestway and Dugan empoyees though they were not under the NMFA like guys at Red Star.
You're alot closer to New Penn than us. Have you heard if they've asked them for a cut?
In solidarity, Bam

Yes. New Penn is voting just like we are. Yellow/Roadway and Hollands votes count as one. New Penn counts as a vote by themselves. You can go to the New Penn Forum and read several threads about what they think about this whole issue. The part about CF/Conway is something to really think about. Thats probably why YRC put in the part about not being able to spend money on buying any new Non-Union companies. Just as a selling tool to try and get the results they want. I do like the way you think.

hey bam if you are union then you will be asked to vote, if not union they wil just take. thats just the way yrc works.

hey bam if you are union then you will be asked to vote, if not union they wil just take. thats just the way yrc works.

Yes we are union and just began negotiating a new contract. Contract expires 12-31-08. We've signed an open ended extension and as of now have no dates to continue negotiations. Everyones schedules became real full once word got out of wage cuts. As I understand it nothing can be voted on til negotiations are complete. Trick will be to negotiate a contract that will minimize the 10% cut when the time comes. Learning over the last 4 years how YRC works and I'm not impressed just like everyone else.
In Solidarity, Bam