Yellow | YRC worldwide buys new trailers.

stripped one the other day, got "roadway" near the letters on the inside of the trailer on the back side walls

40 footer

Here is another new one, specially lettered for United way.
Picture067.jpg

All these trailers have one thing in common!
They say roadway on the front and back.
None of them has a flip name tag and yellow is not on them anywhere!
I'm liking it!!!!!!!!

We stripped a new '53 with a pintle hook on it. I didn't get the number but I think it was out of 211. DS.

DS, you sure it was a 53? Ain't nowhere in the country you can pull them in combination. Who was the manufacturer? Just curious..........:hide:

DS, you sure it was a 53? Ain't nowhere in the country you can pull them in combination. Who was the manufacturer? Just curious..........:hide:
Nope! I just know it was a BLT.....big long trailer and brand new. Must have been a 48.

I didn't see who the manufacturer was. It had Roadway, your way on the nose and door. Plain vanilla on the sides!! DS.

All these trailers have one thing in common!
They say roadway on the front and back.
None of them has a flip name tag and yellow is not on them anywhere!
I'm liking it!!!!!!!!
I thought about this for a bit before responding, I think they are going to close up the smaller barns and combine them into one where the freight is less than in the big cities.There is no way we could coexist in our barn with another company because we are 95 doors and are stepping on each other now.That is why the bigger barns will remain seperate....but in the long term the city trailer will be roadway and yellow respectfully becuase you use them everyday and pup and line hall change so they can draw from a pool of equipment.We are getting alot of refurbished trailer lately mainly I think for drop and hook at places like bj's and places where trailer disappear if they are an Xtra or a rental..All the new trailer we have been getting for the last year all say Yellow with no YRCW....some have the flip packards on them though....we got about 15 new city trailers about a year ago a few 45' and mostly 48'. I think the fact you have dedicated trailer with logos says that they will remail seperate....My 2 cents..thanks

I thought about this for a bit before responding, I think they are going to close up the smaller barns and combine them into one where the freight is less than in the big cities.There is no way we could coexist in our barn with another company because we are 95 doors and are stepping on each other now.That is why the bigger barns will remain seperate....but in the long term the city trailer will be roadway and yellow respectfully becuase you use them everyday and pup and line hall change so they can draw from a pool of equipment.We are getting alot of refurbished trailer lately mainly I think for drop and hook at places like bj's and places where trailer disappear if they are an Xtra or a rental..All the new trailer we have been getting for the last year all say Yellow with no YRCW....some have the flip packards on them though....we got about 15 new city trailers about a year ago a few 45' and mostly 48'. I think the fact you have dedicated trailer with logos says that they will remail seperate....My 2 cents..thanks

No we will be one no matter what the trailer says saw a roadway city unit pulling a yellow trlr into winston salem a couple weeks ago.

Hey TBR..........we've still got that trailer on our yard. I loaded to it yesterday and did some investigation. It is a '48, number 390102. We loaded it to 120 and manufactured by Great Dane. That's all I've got. DS.

Hey TBR..........we've still got that trailer on our yard. I loaded to it yesterday and did some investigation. It is a '48, number 390102. We loaded it to 120 and manufactured by Great Dane. That's all I've got. DS.

I'll have to check your work when it gets stripped at 120. Just hope it doesn't look like timmy did it.:hysterical::smilie_132: