Yellow | YRC Worldwide In Discussions With IBT!

Let me preface my comments by saying I have been and will be a NO VOTE, unless they comeback to us with some dam good offer of giving us back some of what was taken then I might consider a yes vote..
Now my comment is..some of you are pissed that the locals are allowing a discussion between yrcw and the IBT Negotiating committee ? Are you serious? Would you rather them discuss it and bring back something to vote on( even if it ends up a no vote) or would you rather the locals said. " nope, no discussions, close the doors" ???
My opinion is the the union has an obligation to allow US ( the members) to vote and decide on our future. It's not for them to decide it.

my only problem with this is there are some locals who are saying they have not even had meetings on whether to negotiate or not. where is their voice?

my only problem with this is there are some locals who are saying they have not even had meetings on whether to negotiate or not. where is their voice?

My local is waiting for the next "scheduled" meeting. They have no info to provide us, other than what has been shared here and in the handouts, e. g. truck driving off cliff.

Meeting should have been handled by conference call per my b. a. Huge waste of money and time.

The voice on allowing a negotiation should be made by the local leaders elected. Our voice is when we vote on those negotiations.
I don't think the members should have been or where needed to be asked on whether or not a "discussion/negotiation meeting should have been held. Especially when there is a good chance that if there are zero discussions then they close..
I want MY vote. To decide it.. But, only after hearing what is being offered. Voting no without ever hearing an offer is just plan stupid.

Our BA told us yesterday morning, that by Monday 90% had already agreed to allow the negotiating committe to do its thing.

Foolish to just throw away 32,000 more jobs.
At least we should be able to vote on the outcome of the negotiations. I still think it best that guys continue to give proposals in a strong way to try and get it to our side as to what we want.......such as no further cuts into our pay, no less into the pensions, no upping healthcare costs/copays, nuthing extra like that. Incremental pay increases and stuff were rumored but that doesnt mean they'll be in there if we dont keep on them, imo. I think its important to keep on them even though they have been allowed to talk. Not a good idea to rely on anybodys negotiations without our input. I REPEAT: STILL GIVE FEEDBACK TO YOUR LOCALS WHILST THIS GOES ON SO WE DONT GET THROWN UNDER THE BUS WITH SOME KIND OF TOTAL SHAM OFFER AND BE BLAMED FOR ALLOWING IT OR CLOSING THE PLACE.
Was told that we most probablly wont get vacations. But we must ensure they dont settle on an offer with more givebacks. an extention is what we were told lets keep it that way. Keep on the Locals about that.

i bet will get same raises we have gotten they'll want some work rules changed and maybe throw a bone of some type are way regardless
if it gets voted down they will close the doors they wont go back to the table either
something to think hard about the 1.4 billion debt guys.................. you think the major banks cant lose that kind of money YES THEY CAN
between the 3 banks or 4 that's only 400 million give or take they will lose

the BANKS HAVE GOTTEN THERE MONEY thru interest, convertible notes, restructuring fees there prefer shares they converted to common at 11.00 and 32.00 dollars so the will just write it off as a paper lose. YRC/YRCW isn't hiding money........secondly for all that still think they had the money to buy ABF NO they didn't a third party one of the debt holders was going to give the money SO ASK YOURSELF AT YOUR AGE............. WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO FIND A BETTER JOB, GIVE UP YOUR VACATION TIME START OVER AT THE BOTTOM REMEBER ABF NEW CONTRACT ALSO 2 YEARS TO GET ONE WEEK
PLUS WE GO UNDER ABF WONT HAUL MUCH OF ARE FRIEGHT IT DOSENT PAY AS MUCH AND ITS NOT FUN FRIEGHT TO HANDLE SO THERE WONT BE A TON OF JOB OFFERS FROM ABF I BELIEVE

AND SADLY HOW MANY WILL GO BANKRUPT GOOD LUCK ITS A TOUGH SPOT ITS ALL IN TIME LIKE POKER
AND REMMBER THEY HAVE BEEN DOWN SIZING TO CLOSE THE DOORS RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES
AND SADLY IF THIS GOES THRU I BET THEYLL HAVE ANOTHER CHANGE AND ELIMNATE MORE JOBS CAUSE MOST WONT MOVE

You are the perfect employee for YRC, bend over and let them stick it in your a$$