Yellow | YRC Worldwide Reports Mixed 2Q Earnings Compared With 2017

Scott Group

Okay. And the last question for me. Now that ABF is done with their Teamster negotiations, how quickly do you start your negotiations ahead of next year? And anything from that contract that you want to use as a template for what you're trying to accomplish?

Darren Hawkins

We're in the last year of a five year agreement and the landscape has certainly changed dramatically in that time period for the industry, for us, for the economy as a whole. We look forward to starting the process at the appropriate time, and that's the only comments I can make around that at this time.

Scott Group

Just to that point, though, is the landscape and the backdrop good enough where we need to contemplate giving back some of the concessions from the last deal?

Darren Hawkins

We look forward to starting that process at the appropriate time. In these situations, we haven't commented in the past, and that's the most that I give at this time. So...
:wtflol:

To my understanding there is some pre amble to the contract talks starting.To my understanding the starting point for wages will be at the top rate we are supposed to be at now not with the 15percent.

Mixed bag in the current environment is **** poor, trucking is booming right now just look at the the other carriers replacing equipment right and left and still making decent profits...........................................

Yea another 10 years to pay it off I doubt those 00-04 VN's are going to last that long......................

Scott Group

Scott Group

Just to that point, though, is the landscape and the backdrop good enough where we need to contemplate giving back some of the concessions from the last deal?

Darren Hawkins

We look forward to starting that process at the appropriate time. In these situations, we haven't commented in the past, and that's the most that I give at this time. So...
:wtflol:

The mighty Hoffa Jr. Controlled Teamster Union is already drawing up plans to screw the membership to preserve the dues, therefore YRCW has no reason to comment on the situation.

No matter what happens in negotiations, it's up to the membership ultimately. The Teamster membership is between a rock and a hard place between the company management, and the Teamster Brass. Teamster members need to realize they can't trust either one.

2019 ,Match the Non-union pay scale and add non-union style matching 401-K , that WE control NOT the union and weeks vacation time and a raise every year and none of them silly one time $750.00 bonuses , the Driver's have bleed enough -15% $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :6788:

2019 ,Match the Non-union pay scale and add non-union style matching 401-K , that WE control NOT the union and weeks vacation time and a raise every year and none of them silly one time $750.00 bonuses , the Driver's have bleed enough -15% $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :6788:

Prevailing wage averages $22.35 at YRC.
Would $26.30 be in the realm of what you seek? (That’s 22.35/.85). The wage we would be earning without the 15% reduction.

Pay what you owe to the damn pension funds and get the rate back where it belongs!
9 years of reduced or non-contributions.
For Western States, 9 years X 2080 hrs X $4.50 = over $84k. I’ll take mine in a direct deposit into my 401-k, over the next 4 years, taking advantage of catch up.
I have concern for those that follow, but my fund is done. Max 401-k contribution is the only available option.

(Sorry, had to adjust my figures to reflect the present contribution rate of $1.55 +\-.)

Last edited:
Prevailing wage averages $22.35 at YRC.
Would $26.30 be in the realm of what you seek? (That’s 22.35/.85). The wage we would be earning without the 15% reduction.
Yes $26.30 to $28.00 bucks a hour to match what non-union driver's are getting paid and where NEW or ANY Driver's are applying ................. money & faster trucks draws new driver's .........................

We don't need new drivers, we need better old ones! :smile new:
Better Old Ones ?? well our oldest slowest driver is still 50% faster than any of these new worthless driver's , our Oldest slowest driver can take 8 - 12 Del's and make 2-4 pick ups ,while the new drivers struggles to do 2 or 3 total stops a day and they are at FULL PAY after 30 days too !!!!!!! more salt to the -15% wound ..........................