Yellow | YRC Worldwide Reports Second Quarter 2008 Results

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
YRC Worldwide Reports Second Quarter 2008 Results
[SIZE=-1]Earthtimes (press release) - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Segment Information Key segment information for the second quarter 2008 included: -- YRC National Transportation LTL revenue per hundredweight up 8.2% from second quarter 2007 and LTL tonnage per day down 9.9%; revenue of $1.7 billion, consistent with ...[/SIZE]

YRWC dropped $3.06 a share today and not sure why they were the only trucking company to take that big hit...? Anyone know...

A Guess.....

Someone hit it heavy expecting a major jump last fall. Got stuck in the freefall last year. Jumped at the chance to turn tail and run.:hyper:

Am I the only one who noticed?.....The day before the 2Q announcement, YRCW had gone up to over $22 per share. The day of the announcement, the press release says "YRCW post 34% loss in profit." The head line should have said they made $32M in profit for the 2Q, yet they said compared to the 2Q last year when they made $55M, they lost 34% in profit! Not to mention that Bill Z. and the Smidster sold some of their stock BEFORE the report came out!
What dummy came out with that logic??.....then the next day they lost nearly $5 a share....they kicked their ownselves with that press release.....they made profit in a bad economy,,,,that is what should have been said!....KK

Am I the only one who noticed?.....The day before the 2Q announcement, YRCW had gone up to over $22 per share. The day of the announcement, the press release says "YRCW post 34% loss in profit." The head line should have said they made $32M in profit for the 2Q, yet they said compared to the 2Q last year when they made $55M, they lost 34% in profit! Not to mention that Bill Z. and the Smidster sold some of their stock BEFORE the report came out!
What dummy came out with that logic??.....then the next day they lost nearly $5 a share....they kicked their ownselves with that press release.....they made profit in a bad economy,,,,that is what should have been said!....KK

I usually don't jump in on the Yellow board but for this I will. ABF stock did almost the same thing this week surrounding their 2Q results. It is just another way for the rich to get richer and us poor truckdrivers to stay poor. And they wonder why us Teamsters hate their guts.:stirthepot:
HD75

I usually don't jump in on the Yellow board but for this I will. ABF stock did almost the same thing this week surrounding their 2Q results. It is just another way for the rich to get richer and us poor truckdrivers to stay poor. And they wonder why us Teamsters hate their guts.:stirthepot:
HD75
My profits on Thursday are paying for a trip to the Outer Banks next week. I don't consider myself rich, only rich at times in knowledge. I could have pissed the money away that I had invested in going to bars or eating out everyday. It's how you use what you work for to either your advantage or throw away. I love the lowered capital gains tax but cringe if the radicals get into office and bump it back up to 30% or more. Then you'll see a real recession boys.