Yellow | YRC Worldwide Reviewing Options After Unsuccessful MOU Vote!

SinC,, example of what needs to change in this company, Buy a Rand McNally then purchase a ruler, find the closest distance between service centers, and stop all of these Mickey mouse change of operations, that do nothing but cost this company money and disrupt families lives. Disgruntled employees will doom a company!

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with me (any positive thought is a step in the right direction) - I would love for you to share it with someone that can assist you. I, sadly, cannot help change that....

I do know some that would agree with you though....

Agreed - Disgruntled employees will doom a company.

:wtflol:

Do you all know one another? I feel like I've invaded the "boys club"... Or some secret society. Is this like FB where you all go out and have beers together then come out here and fling words back and forth?

:wtflol:

Do you all know one another? I feel like I've invaded the "boys club"... Or some secret society. Is this like FB where you all go out and have beers together then come out here and fling words back and forth?

Just remember you don't have to justify yourself to anyone here.

Just remember you don't have to justify yourself to anyone here.

Careful You don't want to start anything do you can't finish... Remember what your doctor told you... you need to take your medications... You don't want to have another spell do you? LOL

Told you I don't care where you work... You would not be honest anyway!!! You seek to obtain knowledge is only a front, but again I don't care... You have shown me all I need to know about you, and anything you say will not change my mind about that... Go ahead and keep preaching!!!

Don't care to get in to it with you I have better things to do... have a good day!!!

Hmm, why does the phrase "sour grapes" keep popping into my head? :biglaugh:

Like I said before why would they leave a money loser strapped with debt open. Reminds me of gm I believe it'll be if not this year next of course yrc will go into strategic bankruptcy close yrc down leave all others open and be debt free remember gm folded Pontiac and was wiped clean of debt in there's, and they came out the other side better than they were . Just my two cents I wish and hope the best for u guys.

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with me (any positive thought is a step in the right direction) - I would love for you to share it with someone that can assist you. I, sadly, cannot help change that....

I do know some that would agree with you though....

Agreed - Disgruntled employees will doom a company.
See theres one real big problem with this thought process SinC,, and this is why I believe IF you are in management you are NOT in KC,, these idiots with the suits and ties downt want to hear from us,, and when the do they lie out their A** about why things are the way they are.. I think Ive heard it a few times out of the last 2 YRC barns that were Yellow managed,, you are the Teamster I am the superviser,, do as I tell you,, sure did make a ton of cash doing things their way!!!

How about Welch and all of the others who collected bonuses in 2013 GIVE THEM BACK as a show of good faith? Since those bonuses so enraged the rank-and-file, I'm guessing that giving them back will cause the rank-and-file to be quite a bit more cooperative.

See theres one real big problem with this thought process SinC,, and this is why I believe IF you are in management you are NOT in KC,, these idiots with the suits and ties downt want to hear from us,, and when the do they lie out their A** about why things are the way they are.. I think Ive heard it a few times out of the last 2 YRC barns that were Yellow managed,, you are the Teamster I am the superviser,, do as I tell you,, sure did make a ton of cash doing things their way!!!

OK - sooooo.... Your absolutely right!! I'm NOT management! THANK YOU... :)

I also know - and you will probably believe this - I have millions of my own opinions about how things should be done... - hard to believe I have opinions right? Well - I do. Here is one thing I've learned... the company isn't "we" and "them" - it's "US" - it's like a marriage "we" have to work together - and "we" have to listen to one another. NOW... that being said - I worked with uppers and peers on a computer program for a company - I 'tested' it ... that was my job. I threw out suggestion after suggestion to the uppers about what needed to be done.. and I felt day after day that my suggestions were falling on deaf ears - then one day - I popped off at the senior manager of operations about ' Do you even hear me?' and in that moment - I got a whole new perspective. See from my side - I was giving DAMN good advise.. and NOTHING was being done... I would get e-mails back every now and again that said... "I've added that suggestion to my pile"... and that was it. So when I popped off... I learned something - I learned that R&D (research and development) on my ideas took 6 - 8 MONTHS... AFTER funding was found... then it took another few weeks to test and then we would 'see' my ideas 'come to life'. OK - so what I learned.... about a year after I started, there was an update and several of my suggestions came to fruition!! I didn't understand the process that had to be taken for my ideas to 'come to life' and all along I thought my ideas were falling on deaf ears. Nuf about me. .....

Am I saying that the first person to hear you will listen to you? NO - Am I saying you should keep trying? YES... not every manager you approach is going to listen or even hear you. But the beauty of the 'system' - every manager has a manager!! :) You start where you should, give that person a FAIR chance to hear you (don't get mad.. make a suggestion and then wait) ... inquire about your suggestion... then if no response, no real discussion.. move on to the next person.. sooner or later someone will hear you! I guarantee it.

I have a DM who said "Let me know if you think anything is off - But, I know you will, you always do." Because I'm the squeaky wheel (can you believe it? MEEEE the one they can't get to shut up?) LMFAO!!!

Perhaps the first suggestion to the GOM should be - get me somewhere that I can share my ideas... give me someplace to let YOU know what is going on out here!! It's a thin line though between - informative and 'bitchy'.... check the emotion at the door and realize just because it seems a good idea to you... doesn't mean it hasn't already been tried. :) It may have seemed like a good idea to several people and ended up being a dud for some reason.

Don't always assume the answer you get is BS. You really want someone to listen to you? Have the facts... do the research.. ask questions... understand WHY it's being done the way it is now.... THEN make a suggestion.

Someone here said "We have the experience - We are out there doing the job - YOU ARE!! I agree... now use that experience to shape the company into what you want it to be.
I'm just saying...

And because I'm really slow on the uptake when it comes to sarcasm... if you were being sarcastic.. I'm bummed... I just spent a lot of time caring about what you thought. :)

Wow! Do you have dragon or do you really type all that out? OMG!

OK - sooooo.... Your absolutely right!! I'm NOT management! THANK YOU... :)

I also know - and you will probably believe this - I have millions of my own opinions about how things should be done... - hard to believe I have opinions right? Well - I do. Here is one thing I've learned... the company isn't "we" and "them" - it's "US" - it's like a marriage "we" have to work together - and "we" have to listen to one another. NOW... that being said - I worked with uppers and peers on a computer program for a company - I 'tested' it ... that was my job. I threw out suggestion after suggestion to the uppers about what needed to be done.. and I felt day after day that my suggestions were falling on deaf ears - then one day - I popped off at the senior manager of operations about ' Do you even hear me?' and in that moment - I got a whole new perspective. See from my side - I was giving DAMN good advise.. and NOTHING was being done... I would get e-mails back every now and again that said... "I've added that suggestion to my pile"... and that was it. So when I popped off... I learned something - I learned that R&D (research and development) on my ideas took 6 - 8 MONTHS... AFTER funding was found... then it took another few weeks to test and then we would 'see' my ideas 'come to life'. OK - so what I learned.... about a year after I started, there was an update and several of my suggestions came to fruition!! I didn't understand the process that had to be taken for my ideas to 'come to life' and all along I thought my ideas were falling on deaf ears. Nuf about me. .....

Am I saying that the first person to hear you will listen to you? NO - Am I saying you should keep trying? YES... not every manager you approach is going to listen or even hear you. But the beauty of the 'system' - every manager has a manager!! :) You start where you should, give that person a FAIR chance to hear you (don't get mad.. make a suggestion and then wait) ... inquire about your suggestion... then if no response, no real discussion.. move on to the next person.. sooner or later someone will hear you! I guarantee it.

I have a DM who said "Let me know if you think anything is off - But, I know you will, you always do." Because I'm the squeaky wheel (can you believe it? MEEEE the one they can't get to shut up?) LMFAO!!!

Perhaps the first suggestion to the GOM should be - get me somewhere that I can share my ideas... give me someplace to let YOU know what is going on out here!! It's a thin line though between - informative and 'bitchy'.... check the emotion at the door and realize just because it seems a good idea to you... doesn't mean it hasn't already been tried. :) It may have seemed like a good idea to several people and ended up being a dud for some reason.

Don't always assume the answer you get is BS. You really want someone to listen to you? Have the facts... do the research.. ask questions... understand WHY it's being done the way it is now.... THEN make a suggestion.

Someone here said "We have the experience - We are out there doing the job - YOU ARE!! I agree... now use that experience to shape the company into what you want it to be.
I'm just saying...

And because I'm really slow on the uptake when it comes to sarcasm... if you were being sarcastic.. I'm bummed... I just spent a lot of time caring about what you thought. :)