Holland | YRC Worldwide to shut down 11 service centers

I think these men haven't got a fat chance in H--L getting rehired by NP with man power laid off there. Its just a kick in the teeth to 350+ employs putting that statement out, besides starting over and no seniority and taking a 10% wage cut, I would think this is slap in the face to any old USF employ, where is the UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think these men haven't got a fat chance in H--L getting rehired by NP with man power laid off there. Its just a kick in the teeth to 350+ employs putting that statement out, besides starting over and no seniority and taking a 10% wage cut, I would think this is slap in the face to any old USF employ, where is the UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is it you want the UNION to do??? go on strike?? tell the company this is unaceptable and you won't do it?? Come up with another plan that affects more people?? WHAT?

i would think that the term "who can apply for open positions elsewhere in the company." would mean they could transfer to any holland terminal that has a open position

i would think that the term "who can apply for open positions elsewhere in the company." would mean they could transfer to any holland terminal that has a open position

The only problem with that is there are already so many people laid off system wide, where would there be any open positions for them at Holland?

yeah isnt that coincidental benny? i personally think it is long overdue to give them a strike notice. we are being played by these morons like a deck of cards and they think they hold all the aces. let me tell you something brothers, the only way we are going to get any respect from these -ricks is to stand up for the first time since 94 and tell them no. and who the h-ll do they think they are to not even want to go by the contract to close these terminals up and ruin the life of 400 people and their famlies, this is the perfect time to tell them no.::shit::

They like to put that statement "who can apply for open positions elsewhere in the company" into the conversation for Political Correctness. That makes people feel better about this crap situation. It makes people feel better because they will just be able to "hop on over to a sister company or another terminal". Which we know is B.S. The truth of it is that most likely the simpletons will make each of the 350 people apply JUST LIKE A NEW EMPLOYEE. They will have lost all of their vacations, benefits, etc. They will only be able to keep their Union years of service going. But, their statement will make some people, who are not effected, feel like the company will take good care of the 350 people. Which we know is B.S.

This is wrong, wrong and still wrong. I believe if your terminal is closed down you should be able to bump in anywhere you fit in. The city men get screwed on this language royally. With this country and company in dire straights all past language should be reevaluated. GRIZZ

This is wrong, wrong and still wrong. I believe if your terminal is closed down you should be able to bump in anywhere you fit in. The city men get screwed on this language royally. With this country and company in dire straights all past language should be reevaluated. GRIZZ
I wish it was that easy. But, it isn't. After a terminal closed and they took the city guys into another terminal, the receiving terminal city guys would have a beef about getting bumped down from a "foreign" city guy. Not trying to debate your point, but there really is no fair alternative.:shrug:

Are you all forgetting this all happened before. About a year and a half ago. When they shut down 27 terminals in the south/west. The old Bestway terminals, that Holland took over. It happened before, its happening now, and will probably happen again. Its called downsizing, due to economic downfall. There is nothing anyone can do about it. I'm sorry about those affected. I know the feeling. I have been laid off over a year. But its happening everywhere, not just YRC. The economy sux. We all have to just make the best of it, and hope it all works out in the end. :gathering:

I'm going to make a comparison, Conway when their terms were closed they were offered transfers. I know the contract, so don't throw that at me. I saying in these trying times exclusions should be made, just as we have with our givebacks, relaxed work rules, ect.

Grizz,how many years do you have with holland??If guys bumped into your term would it effect you??I know where your coming from,but like what was said on here before,there is NO fair way of doing it..

The only problem with that is there are already so many people laid off system wide, where would there be any open positions for them at Holland?
The least Hoffa Jr. should do BEFORE HE APPROVES the Holland closures, is to prevent ANY new hiring from off the street period at ANY YRC division. All future hiring must be done off a master lay off list for that specific YRC division by seniority, WITHOUT a pay cut and WITHOUT an expiration date. This rehire procedure would remain in effect until all the laid off men ( who chose to be put on these rehire lists ) were offered employment and all rehired, period. These rehired men shall have the option to decide to stay with the same pension/medical plan they were previously with OR transfer to the pension/fund in the new area of their work.

D/S I am one of the 350, and I am disgusted how these companies just throw us guys away like a piece of trash. I know I always gave 100% but look what it got me. The least our UNION should do is give us JOB PROTECTION, not give YRC everything they want. BARGAIN IT HOFFA Jr, earn your pay, like we do. Pray to your FATHER, MR. JAMES HOFFA Sr. for some spiritual intelligence BEFORE you sign off on this change. Smarten up before the Yellow dog rips us off again!

The least Hoffa Jr. should do BEFORE HE APPROVES the Holland closures, is to prevent ANY new hiring from off the street period at ANY YRC division. All future hiring must be done off a master lay off list for that specific YRC division by seniority, WITHOUT a pay cut and WITHOUT an expiration date. This rehire procedure would remain in effect until all the laid off men ( who chose to be put on these rehire lists ) were offered employment and all rehired, period. These rehired men shall have the option to decide to stay with the same pension/medical plan they were previously with OR transfer to the pension/fund in the new area of their work.

Me personally,I never will work for any other yrcw company than here at Holland.This is yrcw way of doing business.When this comes to an end unfortunately,I will probably go work for a nonunion company unless I can get on at ABF.But it sure won't be yrc.The city men in the areas that are closing.This week and next,when doing their p/d need to tell the customers to use any other carriers except yrc companies to ship with.Just a little payback.:loser: