Holland | YRC Worldwide to shut down 11 service centers

Crazy 20 yrs at Holland. Would I say the same if I only had 5, probably no. But 20 yrs should mean something, especially the way YRC is making these decisions. The comment I keep going back to is, the fact they are referring to these closures as a "redistribution of freight" to better benefit the regional division. We all know that NP will probably do just fine with the additional business, but dang what about of men.

Me personally,I never will work for any other yrcw company than here at Holland.This is yrcw way of doing business.When this comes to an end unfortunately,I will probably go work for a nonunion company unless I can get on at ABF.But it sure won't be yrc.The city men in the areas that are closing.This week and next,when doing their p/d need to tell the customers to use any other carriers except yrc companies to ship with.Just a little payback.:loser:

Come on Stick, that ain't right. Did you do that a few yrs ago?

I was told by management that this is only the beginning, frt. is down and more cut of terminals are coming. Yrcw (roadway, yellow) will be picking up the frt. also. More teamsters out of work. YRCW plan is in full swing. ::shit::

Crazy 20 yrs at Holland. Would I say the same if I only had 5, probably no. But 20 yrs should mean something, especially the way YRC is making these decisions. The comment I keep going back to is, the fact they are referring to these closures as a "redistribution of freight" to better benefit the regional division. We all know that NP will probably do just fine with the additional business, but dang what about of men.
This is happening in the NE terminal already. The customers are telling USF Holland to pick up the EMPTY spotted trls and that NOT to expect any more freight to YRC companies:nutkick::flame:. Can you say THANKs YRCW.

The least Hoffa Jr. should do BEFORE HE APPROVES the Holland closures, is to prevent ANY new hiring from off the street period at ANY YRC division. All future hiring must be done off a master lay off list for that specific YRC division by seniority, WITHOUT a pay cut and WITHOUT an expiration date. This rehire procedure would remain in effect until all the laid off men ( who chose to be put on these rehire lists ) were offered employment and all rehired, period. These rehired men shall have the option to decide to stay with the same pension/medical plan they were previously with OR transfer to the pension/fund in the new area of their work.
I like that way of thinking. But, wouldn't that require the Union to grow a set?

I was told by management that this is only the beginning, frt. is down and more cut of terminals are coming. Yrcw (roadway, yellow) will be picking up the frt. also. More teamsters out of work. YRCW plan is in full swing. ::shit::

When you dismantle something piece by piece,before you know it its gone.:nutkick::nutkick:

Come on Stick, that ain't right. Did you do that a few yrs ago?

This is happening in the NE terminal already. The customers are telling USF Holland to pick up the EMPTY spotted trls and that NOT to expect any more freight to YRC companies:nutkick::flame:. Can you say THANKs YRCW.

We can only hope the customers are doing that.Because very few if any Holland teamsters will get hired with all the lay offs at NP all ready and all those next day lanes going to 2&3 day lanes.It will help the compaction and if I was up there I would go to UPS Freight or ABF web site and do an app.I just wish those people the best of luck it's tough, and ---- yrcw.::shit::

Come on now Stick. What about the rest of us at terminals that survive this? You don't care about us at all? What about the possibility of us getting rolling and growing someday, and getting everyone back to work? I hope that nobody actually does this stuff that you're talking about. Come on Dude.

Come on now Stick. What about the rest of us at terminals that survive this? You don't care about us at all? What about the possibility of us getting rolling and growing someday, and getting everyone back to work? I hope that nobody actually does this stuff that you're talking about. Come on Dude.

By the I hope we survive,but look at all the area's yrcw has all ready shot down this is the same way and almost a year apart.They are not even giving them 60 or even 30 days to find something else.yrcw is a big pile of ::shit::.Just look at what has happened since they have bought USF.Check out the way yrcw is doing Reddaway on their contract it's all about the bring down the union and USF.They gave the nonunion driver over their a raise,but they want the union workers to take a 10% cut off of the last contract,and no raises for the life of the new one.I just hope they stand up to the co and union and not give in on a piece ::shit:: contract and have the nonunion driver over their making more money of having better benefits.

They way Yrc treats the employees and the customers it is a wonder anybody would use them to ship. I can not believe Yellow has stayed open, there reputation has been very bad for many years.

dgfcby how about if yrcw down the road decides to shut down holland all together and run it themselfs. I bet you would like to transfer to them without having to jump through hoops and maybe not go to the bottom of the list. after you but your time in the company just in a different div.

By the I hope we survive,but look at all the area's yrcw has all ready shot down this is the same way and almost a year apart.They are not even giving them 60 or even 30 days to find something else.yrcw is a big pile of ::shit::.Just look at what has happened since they have bought USF.Check out the way yrcw is doing Reddaway on their contract it's all about the bring down the union and USF.They gave the nonunion driver over their a raise,but they want the union workers to take a 10% cut off of the last contract,and no raises for the life of the new one.I just hope they stand up to the co and union and not give in on a piece ::shit:: contract and have the nonunion driver over their making more money of having better benefits.
so whats the problem with a non-union Red driver making more money and having better bennies, than a union driver? Really whats wrong with that? do you think just because you have representation you should be paid more? come on man, I live on the edge knowing they could can me anytime for any reason... That alone should be reason enough to pay me a 100k a year:smilie_132:

They gave the nonunion driver over their a raise
I can not verify whether the non unions at Reddaway got a raise or not.
but they want the union workers to take a 10% cut off of the last contract and no raises for the life of the new one.
I have to correct you on this. We DO get our raises each April 1st for the life of the contract. But, they are reduced the 10% from what they should have been. (example: now we would get a .36 cent raise instead of a .40 cent raise.)

And by the way, I'm glad to hear that you do want us to survive.:1036316054:

if i was losing my job again and they were throwing me to the lions like they are ,i would tell every single customer at every single stop not to use holland or any of its affiliates, and i would make dang sure i got all my back pay till the last second of the day i worked. yellow=holland=pile of ::shit::. its time for this company to get a wake up call and i cant wait to see it.

I can not verify whether the non unions at Reddaway got a raise or not. I have to correct you on this. We DO get our raises each April 1st for the life of the contract. But, they are reduced the 10% from what they should have been. (example: now we would get a .36 cent raise instead of a .40 cent raise.)

yes they did give us a raise not much of a raise put still a raise, but then again Reddaway is still making money

yes they did give us a raise not much of a raise put still a raise, but then again Reddaway is still making money
The other states that Reddaway covers must have a sore back from carrying CULLYFORNIA if they are still making money. But, if they are still making money, that's a good thing.

I can relate to being "dead weight", I'm from Michigan.

I can not verify whether the non unions at Reddaway got a raise or not. I have to correct you on this. We DO get our raises each April 1st for the life of the contract. But, they are reduced the 10% from what they should have been. (example: now we would get a .36 cent raise instead of a .40 cent raise.)

Northern Flash, I'm talking about our teamsters brothers at Reddaway on the 10% pay cut the yrcw is jacking with on their contract. Nothing personal it's just that ::shit:: pile yrcw shafted us all and no representation from our union.

I know how many of us have real short memories. Hopefully, next election time, we can remember all of these examples of the Union turning their back on us. My guess is, Jimmy and the gang will pull another rabbit out of their hat by throwing us a bone, just before the election.

I know how many of us have real short memories. Hopefully, next election time, we can remember all of these examples of the Union turning their back on us. My guess is, Jimmy and the gang will pull another rabbit out of their hat by throwing us a bone, just before the election.

None of them will get my vote!!!!!!!!! The bone could still have lots of ham on it and I will NOT vote for any of them!!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably won't matter cause the way things are going, I may not be around to vote anyway. But those of you that are, I sure hope you remember all the BS they have stabbed us in the backs with. We have been sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nutkick: Someone keep this in mind, a "Do you rememember the SCREWING we got" tread come election time.

Unfortunately trucking represents only 7 percent of the I.B.T.Even if every trucker voted against Hoffa he would still probably win.