Yellow | YRC Worldwide will close 40 terminals because of low freight volume

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
YRC Worldwide Inc. plans to close about 40 terminals across the country as it continues shrinking its operations to handle a smaller amount of customer freight.

Sheila Taylor, CFO of the Overland Park-based company (Nasdaq: YRCW), told analysts during an analyst conference on Wednesday that the company has submitted a “change of operations” with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters union about the closures.

“We’re taking steps to ‘right size’ the business,” Taylor said, adding that the closures affect about 12 percent of the company’s 334 facilities..........................

YRC Worldwide will close 40 terminals because of low freight volume | Kansas City Business Journal

31...40, what's the difference? After all, this is YRC management. The number probably changes from day to day. It's just a ballpark number.

"The customers are returning in droves"! Shouldn't they be expanding and opening more terminals? The economy has been improving since 7-09, at least thats what the company's and onion's messiah just said a few weeks ago!
Billions in givebacks and more billions a few weeks ago and these idiots still can't figure out how to pick up and deliver freight. The liquidation continues. Liars, one and all!

th_ebd7b489.jpg
31 according to the TDU site
500 teamsters will have to relocate

that's in addition to the 50 terminals they're closing now with the latest coo

I hope all of the YES men that are at closing terminals are happy that they voted yes. I thought this was supposed to "save jobs" it looks like when you vote yes you are voting someone or yourself out of a job somewhere. when are you people going to wake up and realize what this company is doing. Im sure that there will still be some that will vote yes in a few months to come.

All those yes votes did not believe in the big bluff as I drilled several times so now they sit home and hope at best they can sweep for 4 hours. The big question is will the sheep vote again when the 4th round comes. You must believe in the big bluff and you must believe in the 4th round. You don't think fat zollers is leaving as he mentioned do you? You people are the most ignorant people I've ever met in my lifetime. Continue your shepherding, you deserve every bit of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel sorry yet at the same time I laugh at them too (yes voters) they voted yes to help the company and then the company turrns around and kicks them in the Ba--s and closes their facility and will be told move or you wont have a job. you are right Zollars is not going anywhere there is no language in the new concessions that gives him a deadline.

I feel sorry yet at the same time I laugh at them too (yes voters) they voted yes to help the company...............
What else is funny, is that how many yes voters voted yes to help save the company.......yet they are laughing about stealing the time back from the company to get back what the company has taken from them.(15% and pension) How does this help the company? If you are trying to help the company, and you are stealing that dollar amount back by stealing time, what did the company gain? Nothing! I think that "helping the company survive" line is B.S. Most of it is about helping "myself" survive, if the truth be known. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

to help the company is hypothetical bullsheeeeit..but thank for you keeping it hypothetical..only an once of brains was needed considering the circumstances to say 'why yes, thank you'
but feel free to twist and spin every bit of bad news cause you're sore losers

homere.gif
your hypothetical BS is well into the realm of the absurd.

The premise of a union is majority rules. Which ever way you voted the MAJORITY has spoken, live with it or vote again with your feet and leave.
Just when you thought the "yes Men" b.s. was getting old...here comes the "Just quit and get another job men"!

What else is funny, is that how many yes voters voted yes to help save the company.......yet they are laughing about stealing the time back from the company to get back what the company has taken from them.(15% and pension) How does this help the company? If you are trying to help the company, and you are stealing that dollar amount back by stealing time, what did the company gain? Nothing! I think that "helping the company survive" line is B.S. Most of it is about helping "myself" survive, if the truth be known. Seems a little hypocritical to me.
You bring up a valid point. Apathy on EVERYONE'S part promotes that type of behavior. I've stated my position numerous times here. "If you will not or cannot for WHATEVER reason do your job to the best of your ability then WHY are you still working here".

With a screen name like your's it is obvious you are a splinter foot. This thread is about a YRC MRCOO and whether you like it or not it is about majority rules. But apparently those splinters in your feet have resulted in some sort of blood borne infection that has affected your ability to understand that!

With a screen name like your's it is obvious you are a splinter foot. This thread is about a YRC MRCOO and whether you like it or not it is about majority rules. But apparently those splinters in your feet have resulted in some sort of blood borne infection that has affected your ability to understand that!
I understand just fine that I work with a bunch of spineless bastards. But I never said anything about that. I was simply making an observation. If you don't like it, quit the boards and go to another one.:17:

You bring up a valid point. Apathy on EVERYONE'S part promotes that type of behavior. I've stated my position numerous times here. "If you will not or cannot for WHATEVER reason do your job to the best of your ability then WHY are you still working here".
Yeah right! At our terminal you get punished for doing that, the more you give them the more they expect of you.

i would like to know where is the low freight volume.My terminal is turning freight away because we don't have the trailers or the manpower to pick up more freight .something stinks!!!

vote yes to save JOBS ???? NO I will NOT get over it , you YES voters need to get some BALLS , YES voters send a CLEAR message to YRC that whatever we want for givebacks they will vote YES, and there will be more Termnials closing after the 1st of the year too !!!! next 4th round of givebacks will be NO O.T. pay and no health Ins. and drivers have to pay for there own fuel for there trucks !! and it will past by 77% again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!