Yellow | YRC Worldwide will close 40 terminals because of low freight volume

It's not that it's a populated area,(is so far as humans), BUt it is the overall impact on the natural environment, in the case of something going wrong...and it can ad does happen....Exxon Valdez, Recent Gulf disaster..and there hae been other Gulf spills also..Continued degradation to the environment, whether or not it's people populated, will affect the Globe as a whole....it may not affect you today or tomorrow..but future Generations to come....Politicians are always Banting about the phrase, regarding national debt, that "our children will have to pay" (true to) The same logic can also be aptly applied to environmental concerns..
Weaning ourselves off our oil addiction is the best long term solution...Or "our Children will pay the price"

You mention about that oil hitting the pumps now if we drilled 10 years ago......Do you think that we would have a dollar a gallon gas right now? Given the record of the oil Companies.....probably not......

Comparing an airplane crash and,.....say an oil spill of the Gulf disaster magnitude, is like comparing an apple to an orange, as the axiom goes,. I don't recall any aircraft accident that still has ongoing consequences such as what happened in Alaska 20 years ago and what will continue to be a problem in the gulf for many years. But if you feel that you shouldn't fly...that's a personal decision.

Its hard to say exactly how many jobs it would create, however it would still fall short of being the Job's Mecca that you imply, as we need to add at least 70,000 jobs monthly just to maintain the current rate of employment.....While I have to acknowledge that it may help for those lucky enough to get them..its not the End all of job creation...as you believe, You state that we need Jobs in ALL industries...How about expanding renewable energy sources and getting off oil all together?? that would also create jobs to!

I believe that your partially correct about the moratorium being political....but it was the responsible thing to do until the cause could be identified...and I believe that that was lifted now anyway...

Thank you for reading my post and also for your thought provoking post!
Sounds like another advertisement for this............

YouTube - Polar Bear

:biglaugh:

can all of you please stay on topic of this thread/or start a new one please and call it my philosofy of the economy/thank you

Sorry hotrod. Rarely do I post economic debates on YRC forum (I fill the political board with them- I've even got my own 'world' there). Long as people don't bring politics into it, I don't. Soon as people do, I answer, and soon thereafter ssomeone responds to have it moved or hushed. Unfortuneatly- the two (economy and YRC'S problems) are linked hand in hand....long as the present Administration is killing jobs, YRC will continue to downsize to survive..

This thread went " off topic " after post 6 or 7 ! I enjoy reading your post Jimmy G and also Pilot87 post . You two add great content and also post stuff that if one would read it provokes people to think . Thanks to both of you for posting intelligent post in this and other threads . R-14Driver out .

Sorry hotrod. Rarely do I post economic debates on YRC forum (I fill the political board with them- I've even got my own 'world' there). Long as people don't bring politics into it, I don't. Soon as people do, I answer, and soon thereafter ssomeone responds to have it moved or hushed. Unfortuneatly- the two (economy and YRC'S problems) are linked hand in hand....long as the present Administration is killing jobs, YRC will continue to downsize to survive..
i never even implied that it wasnt interesting reading/actualy it was/just start anew thread for it so other people could read it to and know how to find it/thanks for reading and not taking it the wrong way////thanks

i never even implied that it wasnt interesting reading/actualy it was/just start anew thread for it so other people could read it to and know how to find it/thanks for reading and not taking it the wrong way////thanks

no prob. Come to the politics forum. I'm normally easy to find...

This thread went " off topic " after post 6 or 7 ! I enjoy reading your post Jimmy G and also Pilot87 post . You two add great content and also post stuff that if one would read it provokes people to think . Thanks to both of you for posting intelligent post in this and other threads . R-14Driver out .
No problem R-14Driver, I try to provide as much material as possible to help others. :LMAO:

YouTube - Who Uses Groupon

Last edited by a moderator:
Both, as they both affect a lot of people, but The Fair Tax, if anyone really checks it out, is the best way to generate more money than the way it is! And Everyone pays the same, even those that we are supporting!