Yellow | YRC Worldwide will close 40 terminals because of low freight volume

LONG LIVE YRC!!! many bills paid (mortgage etc.) and put 3 kids throuth COLLEGE I voted YES!! and still believe in GALIN and SARAH ROUSH!! GOD BLESS THEM!! With ROADWAY running things we WILL make it!!! (now ready to get beat up here)!!! Now let's do it our way FREIGHT GUYS run a trucking co!!! Bronick, Stull etc. only lost money once in my 24yrs.(after strike)

Oh yummy!!! I can't stop laughing at this one! They've had almost 2 years now to do it the roadway way and they're still losing cash hand over arm and leg. yellow was no better but please! And God bless them! If those saints were so concerned why didn't they maintain control to keep it from falling into enemy hands. PS: I can understand though why you love them so much, after all they paid all your bills for you, but like most, I had to actually work to pay mine(I would work and they would pay me x number of dollars per hour, see how thats done?). Do tell, what did you have on them that they did that for you, inquire-ing minds want to know. Thanks!

you moron YES MEN are not only hurting yourselves,you'rer hurting ALL TRUCKERS,call their damn bluff already and move on,if they go under,there will be jobs all over the place,a lot can retire,but have some damn pride already and stick up for yourselves!!!!!!oh and you can collect unemployment for years now,get gov health for free and work on the side for more $

you moron YES MEN are not only hurting yourselves,you'rer hurting ALL TRUCKERS,call their damn bluff already and move on,if they go under,there will be jobs all over the place,a lot can retire,but have some damn pride already and stick up for yourselves!!!!!!oh and you can collect unemployment for years now,get gov health for free and work on the side for more $

You talk like the vote is yet to come.

Newsflash: It's over.....

You posted just a few before there is LESS regulation now than before (I disagree); now in this post you say before there was none, now there is some. Which is it?????

There is less regulation now than in the past 20 or so years...that is the context that I base my statement on. In the post your referencing, I stated that there was "hardly any" regulations before the meltdown...(which would be consistent with the concept of less)...That doesn't mean "none" and once again that is in the context of decreasing regulation over time.... Regulations that were in place to prevent another "great Depression" have been gradually removed over a period of time..
Since the meltdown....there has been "some" new regulations put in place to try and prevent another such meltdown...again.."some" meaning...They still are not being regulated to the extent necessary to prevent another meltdown in the future..
I hope this clarifies things better....Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and I appreciate your input!

There is less regulation now than in the past 20 or so years...that is the context that I base my statement on. In the post your referencing, I stated that there was "hardly any" regulations before the meltdown...(which would be consistent with the concept of less)...That doesn't mean "none" and once again that is in the context of decreasing regulation over time.... Regulations that were in place to prevent another "great Depression" have been gradually removed over a period of time..
Since the meltdown....there has been "some" new regulations put in place to try and prevent another such meltdown...again.."some" meaning...They still are not being regulated to the extent necessary to prevent another meltdown in the future..
I hope this clarifies things better....Thanks for taking the time to read my posts and I appreciate your input!

So, the meltdown was caused by Andrew Cuomo's Forcing (threatening accusations of 'Red-Lining'- discrimination if minorities weren't lent to) Banks to loan more to people who couldn't pay back the loans. Bush (I didn't like him-- I saw him governing as a Democrat-- not the Conservative he claimed to be) actually DID call for investigating/reforming Fannie/Freddie-- Barney Frank and Chris Dodd blocked that, claiming it was unnecessary. Meanwhile, Pelosi (mostly) and Congress blocked drilling ANWR, which would have brought down the price of Oil, and opened up Good Paying Jobs for Americans.... With gas prices rising during the slowdown-- poorer people had to choose between paying their mortgage, or buying gas to go to work....

Question: What reform/new protections happened lately to prevent such a Depression? Banks are now more restricted, but Fannie/Freddie were left untouched, except $1 Trillion further in Debt..... ANWR is still undrilled; The Gulf was banned from Deep Sea Drilling for most of the summer. Prices are rising-- Unemployment hovers at 9.6% (U6 close to 17%)....Government has placed more requirements on Businesses, Higher Costs, Higher Taxes coming, and Crap and Tax will be installed thru the EPA. Add in QE2 (Government Monitizing-- Buying-- Our Debt) which you say isnt happening....And yes-- this is definitely a Government CAUSED Depression coming.....

You talk like the vote is yet to come.

Newsflash: It's over.....

Thanks jimmy g It does seem like there are quite a few on here that haven't gotten the "news" yet....

we know its over . can see it every day on the dock in the yard and by how managment has gone back to handing out those tick tac letters . oh ya and the abuse of the gray language in this latest bunch of bs that was voted yes for

we know its over . can see it every day on the dock in the yard and by how managment has gone back to handing out those tick tac letters . oh ya and the abuse of the gray language in this latest bunch of bs that was voted yes for

so, (continuing from a different thread),....how is your belittling Stoney who said he would consider crossing a picket line (because of the union's actions/endorsements) any different from your voting no?Didn't the Union say to vote yes?

The Votes over, by the way.....

yea i think it might be differant .i have to live by the rules that i didnt vote for . he wants to live the life and not follow the biggest rule of all . no crossing picket lines!!!!

yea i think it might be differant .i have to live by the rules that i didnt vote for . he wants to live the life and not follow the biggest rule of all . no crossing picket lines!!!!

So far, he's only talked about it, not done it. Just like the talk before the vote. I see no difference. Both the vote and a picket line are called by 50% plus one. There are those that disagree in both cases, but only in the vote thing does it seem the No voters 'cross the line' still now. It's over....

i have to live by the rules that i didnt vote for

images
who could blame anyone for not wanting a pay cut or a temporary pension cessation but to deprive a company of having efficient work rules is like sooooo old school likeooooold man Hooooofa.

The industry has nothing going for itself. Pricing still sucks cuz of the still too much capacity prob..there is no business out there cuz there is no business. A lot of it went down. Small businesses is the heart of the ltl market..no new entrepreneurs out there to take their place. Not worth the risk. The only way to survive in this high cost business is to cut cost by right sizing, efficient work rules and productive employees and get rid of the dogs and half breeds in the system
images
images

Last edited by a moderator:
images
who could blame anyone for not wanting a pay cut or a temporary pension cessation but to deprive a company of having efficient work rules is like sooooo old school likeooooold man Hooooofa.

The industry has nothing going for itself. Pricing still sucks cuz of the still too much capacity prob..there is no business out there cuz there is no business. A lot of it went down. Small businesses is the heart of the ltl market..no new entrepreneurs out there to take their place. Not worth the risk. The only way to survive in this high cost business is to cut cost by right sizing, efficient work rules and productive employees and get rid of the dogs and half breeds in the system
images
images

Hence why Politics is forever entwined with Business. Tax too much, Regulate too much, Business shuts down, along with 'Working man's' jobs......

A Union is just a negotiating Agent, getting the most they can for us. Right now, believe it or not-- they have......

So, the meltdown was caused by Andrew Cuomo's Forcing (threatening accusations of 'Red-Lining'- discrimination if minorities weren't lent to) Banks to loan more to people who couldn't pay back the loans. Bush (I didn't like him-- I saw him governing as a Democrat-- not the Conservative he claimed to be) actually DID call for investigating/reforming Fannie/Freddie-- Barney Frank and Chris Dodd blocked that, claiming it was unnecessary. Meanwhile, Pelosi (mostly) and Congress blocked drilling ANWR, which would have brought down the price of Oil, and opened up Good Paying Jobs for Americans.... With gas prices rising during the slowdown-- poorer people had to choose between paying their mortgage, or buying gas to go to work....

Question: What reform/new protections happened lately to prevent such a Depression? Banks are now more restricted, but Fannie/Freddie were left untouched, except $1 Trillion further in Debt..... ANWR is still undrilled; The Gulf was banned from Deep Sea Drilling for most of the summer. Prices are rising-- Unemployment hovers at 9.6% (U6 close to 17%)....Government has placed more requirements on Businesses, Higher Costs, Higher Taxes coming, and Crap and Tax will be installed thru the EPA. Add in QE2 (-- Buying-- Our Debt) which you say isnt happening....And yes-- this is definitely a Government CAUSED Depression coming.....

Andrew Coumo pushed government-sponsored lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to buy more home loans issued to poor homeowners, in an attempt to end discrimination against minorities. Even Bush Encouraged Home ownership....The Lenders saw this as a great way to make money as these were "guaranteed" by the Government. They played their part in the meltdown...The banks are not innocent in all this. While some say that he (Andrew Coumo) was the cause of the meltdown....Others, Such as Dean Baker who was the Co-director of the Center of Economic and policy research Said that while he may have been a contributor in being a "cheerleader" but I don't think we can pin too much blame on him". So I don't think any of us really can know for sure to what extent he played....If you choose to believe Right wing radio ...or any other program for that matter..then that is your choise to make.

As far as ANWR ..Why is it so important to drill in such a pristine area when there are other places to drill? The Oil Companies hold leases to a lot of government land for the exploration of oil. Drilling there( ANWR) would not have lowered oil prices as it would take at least 10 years for oil from there to be reflected at the pump...and is it worth the risk, considering what happened in the Gulf?
I'm sure that The Democrats would have gone along with it if it really was needed to bring the US back to prosperity....It also would not have created that many new jobs as to effectively lower the unemployment rate..

The Deep Sea drilling Ban was the only responsible thing to do in light of the disaster that had occurred in the Gulf..

Is your solution to all the worlds problems to simply eliminate taxes, and all regulation on Business? Seems you blame those two things as the cause of all the Problems we are facing......

Your a Constitution party member? Sounds very similar to the Republican party views.....Please understand it doesn't matter to me what your party affiliation is...That is your right to choose... For me, personally, I do not see any resolution to the many problems, by the political process....a good example is what you see on T.V or radio....or even on here.....Everyone believes they are right and there is no debate...just arguing....Just look at The conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians. Just a different venue...

Your probably right about a possible Depression...But I think we just have a differing view as to what the cause is....but the result will be the same....