Yellow | YRC Worldwide will close 40 terminals because of low freight volume

Pilot, first, to stimulate the economy. We need to end taxing income, go with The Fair Tax. Everyone keeps his entire earnings(talk about a Stimulis!); everyone gets a Prebate 508 a month to cover taxes paid by the Poor, then the already inclusive 22 percent taxes paid for varying stages of production comes off every product- a 23 percent Sales Tax goes on On Everything and Everyone! Fair, and massively increases revenue to the government!(Due to everyone paying)

The Gulf Shutdown only helped George Soros and Brazil; many of the drilling platforms moved south and kept drilling. Meanwhile, the USA lent Brazil 2 Billion to keep drilling much deeper than what you just said was unsafe.

Gas prices dropped almost immediately when Offshore Drilling Permits were announced; why do you belive that Actual Drilling would have little effect? Have you seen the Unemployment numbers? Drilling, combined with building NEW Refineries would add huge amounts of jobs! I have to believe people would jump at the chance for good paying jobs! (I saw people move to Alaska to work on the pipeline in the 70s). ANWR may be pristine all right- barren- it's above the Artic Circle; only thing there are animals wanting to huddle against the pipes for heat. Very little vegetation.
By the way, we need new Refineries. Prices are high because we haven't enough capacity, and just this summer the EPA ordered 1/3 of our existing refineries closed to settle a 6 year old EPA suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either can't do links from this phone or don't know how...

Google Constitution Party Preamble and Platform to find most of my postitions (other than I agree to the Fair Tax and the Constitution Party agrees to No Direct Tax). Keep the Defense- end almost all of the Marxist programs that steal Liberty from our Individual Lives...

Thanks Noodles! Good shirt!

The Gulf Shutdown only helped George Soros and Brazil; many of the drilling platforms moved south and kept drilling. Meanwhile, the USA lent Brazil 2 Billion to keep drilling much deeper than what you just said was unsafe.

Gas prices dropped almost immediately when Offshore Drilling Permits were announced; why do you belive that Actual Drilling would have little effect? Have you seen the Unemployment numbers? Drilling, combined with building NEW Refineries would add huge amounts of jobs! I have to believe people would jump at the chance for good paying jobs! (I saw people move to Alaska to work on the pipeline in the 70s). ANWR may be pristine all right- barren- it's above the Artic Circle; only thing there are animals wanting to huddle against the pipes for heat. Very little vegetation.
By the way, we need new Refineries. Prices are high because we haven't enough capacity, and just this summer the EPA ordered 1/3 of our existing refineries closed to settle a 6 year old EPA suit.

th_imagesqtbnANd9GcSafnz0OnCXBDAYn1C69.jpg
Actual drilling would have little effect cuz the price of gas is determined by world inventories. OPEC would cut production to offset drilling in the west. It's cheaper to buy foreign oil at $3.00-$3.50. It's unlikely OPEC would give us a reason to drill, plus the fact the oil rigs would be a target for the middle east loons

Joe, I'd look on an OPEC cut as a cut to terrorist funding (less danger for my Military Son). I see nothing but good in more private good paying construc jobs/ drilling jobs/ refining jobs for Americans.

As far as ANWR ..Why is it so important to drill in such a pristine area when there are other places to drill?
Who would the drilling hurt? 99.9 percent of us will never see this part of the country. And the pipe lines provide heat that keeps the grass exposed for the year round feeding of our animals out there.
Drilling there( ANWR) would not have lowered oil prices as it would take at least 10 years for oil from there to be reflected at the pump.
Do you realize that if we would have started drilling in ANWR when the discussion first came up......the oil would have hit the pumps ten+ years ago?
..and is it worth the risk, considering what happened in the Gulf?
There was a recent plane crash also......should we stop flying too?
It also would not have created that many new jobs as to effectively lower the unemployment rate.
It would have created thousands of new jobs, and God knows that this country could use new jobs in every industry.

The Deep Sea drilling Ban was the only responsible thing to do in light of the disaster that had occurred in the Gulf..
That was just a politically motivated decision. And a bad one at that.

Joe, I'd look on an OPEC cut as a cut to terrorist funding (less danger for my Military Son). I see nothing but good in more private good paying construc jobs/ drilling jobs/ refining jobs for Americans.

copy the jobs, but the only way to stop terrorists who have no tanks, uniforms or brains is a strong military presence taking them out with drones and bombing them into extinction. They don't fear death but they do fear the US military cuz the US military speaks the bomb language to them.

Pilot, first, to stimulate the economy. We need to end taxing income, go with The Fair Tax. Everyone keeps his entire earnings(talk about a Stimulis!); everyone gets a Prebate 508 a month to cover taxes paid by the Poor, then the already inclusive 22 percent taxes paid for varying stages of production comes off every product- a 23 percent Sales Tax goes on On Everything and Everyone! Fair, and massively increases revenue to the government!(Due to everyone paying)

Exactly, ANWR is a wasteland, might be clean and fresh but still a wasteland. Let them drill to their hearts content but make them put it back the way it was afterwards and if they have a spill make them clean it immediately along with a fine to keep them honest.
I remember back in the late 70s or early 80s a friends brother, cousin?, worked up there and said they went out onto some island in Prudoe Bay to do some exploritory drilling and shut it right down because there was so much oil the price would have collapsed, true, who knows.
I still find it hard to believe we could put a man on the moon multiple times with late 50s and 60s technology and today can't get 30mpg from a fullsize 4x4 pickup.
But then again, if they did that and vehicles started getting 30-60 mpg look what that would do to the oil industry. Theres way to much money that would be lost for the rich and the PTB will never let that happen. Plus just look at how much of the economy revolves around oil.
See ya in a bit, I have to get my rfid chip adjusted!!! ha

To Stimulate the Economy we need Job's.....Our economy is consumer driven..and unless people have money...I.E a job..they cannot consume enough goods and services to keep the show running. People that don't work are not contributing much in the way of tax revenue...To create jobs..we must bring the manufacturing base back to the USA...best way to do that is by getting rid of Nafta and Gat for one.....Do something to alleviate the Huge trade imbalance between the USA and China,Japan and also India....We have insane trade policies here in this country...and that is a problem that has been created and kept going by the major political parties.....(Both)

I agree that we need a new and improved, (to borrow a phrase), Taxing structure.....Your information regarding eliminating tax withholding's sounds good....I'm not sure just how that would work in reality, but is something that sounds intriguing just the same....also what your basically recommending is a National sales tax......again sounds interesting....One thing to consider if I read your information correct is that you recommend a 23% tax goes on everything....wouldn't that increase the price of high ticket items, such as homes and new cars to beyond what people may be able or willing to pay?..

Was it the US or the oil Companies that lent 2 billion to Brazil? I don't believe that the Government is in the oil drilling business... and if the oil companies lent that money to keep drilling...well then they really didn't lose all that much by the temporary moratorium on deep sea drilling.. Point: I didn't say that deep sea drilling in and of itself is unsafe...It's the risk involved when Companies take ""short cuts"" in safety, (look at YRC Do you think they always put safety first?)

The price of gas at the pump can(and does) fluctuate daily for a variety of reasons. The Giant oil companies can and most probably,manipulate, the price to achieve whatever result they wish...In the case of drilling permits....that is something they wanted....so they could easily manipulate the prices to reflect "lowering" of the price of gas to say,...Seee...,!! we Told you so....Seems the prices have risen right back up where they were and even higher...

The price of crude is usually controlled by OPEC and the World Markets ....not whether we drill in the gulf or not....

I believe that Drilling in ANWR would not make a large difference in the unemployment rate... Yes I have seen the numbers..and I would say that in reality the rate is most likely even higher...I would say probably closer to 17 percent

We need to create more that 70,000 new jobs a month just to keep even of where we are now....I don't see that many jobs being created by drilling in ANWR.

New refineries?? Well if we are to remain an oil based economy, then yes we need new updated refineries...The best way to solve the whole oil and drilling issues is to invest in so called "green Energies" and get off the dependence of foreign oil period!... Just like Brazil ....

I'm not convinced about current refinery capacity.... Seems that there is plenty of gas at the gas stations....all you need is a wallet full of money to get it....If we lacked in capacity to that degree I think we would have seen many stations running out of gas...or even a form of rationing as happened in the 70's...(long lines)

Who would the drilling hurt? 99.9 percent of us will never see this part of the country. And the pipe lines provide heat that keeps the grass exposed for the year round feeding of our animals out there. Do you realize that if we would have started drilling in ANWR when the discussion first came up......the oil would have hit the pumps ten+ years ago? There was a recent plane crash also......should we stop flying too?
It would have created thousands of new jobs, and God knows that this country could use new jobs in every industry.

That was just a politically motivated decision. And a bad one at that.

It's not that it's a populated area,(is so far as humans), BUt it is the overall impact on the natural environment, in the case of something going wrong...and it can ad does happen....Exxon Valdez, Recent Gulf disaster..and there hae been other Gulf spills also..Continued degradation to the environment, whether or not it's people populated, will affect the Globe as a whole....it may not affect you today or tomorrow..but future Generations to come....Politicians are always Banting about the phrase, regarding national debt, that "our children will have to pay" (true to) The same logic can also be aptly applied to environmental concerns..
Weaning ourselves off our oil addiction is the best long term solution...Or "our Children will pay the price"

You mention about that oil hitting the pumps now if we drilled 10 years ago......Do you think that we would have a dollar a gallon gas right now? Given the record of the oil Companies.....probably not......

Comparing an airplane crash and,.....say an oil spill of the Gulf disaster magnitude, is like comparing an apple to an orange, as the axiom goes,. I don't recall any aircraft accident that still has ongoing consequences such as what happened in Alaska 20 years ago and what will continue to be a problem in the gulf for many years. But if you feel that you shouldn't fly...that's a personal decision.

Its hard to say exactly how many jobs it would create, however it would still fall short of being the Job's Mecca that you imply, as we need to add at least 70,000 jobs monthly just to maintain the current rate of employment.....While I have to acknowledge that it may help for those lucky enough to get them..its not the End all of job creation...as you believe, You state that we need Jobs in ALL industries...How about expanding renewable energy sources and getting off oil all together?? that would also create jobs to!

I believe that your partially correct about the moratorium being political....but it was the responsible thing to do until the cause could be identified...and I believe that that was lifted now anyway...

Thank you for reading my post and also for your thought provoking post!

Pilot, can't link now, but you either didn't research or you didn't read my description- or you ignorred it. Google The Fair Tax (.org, I believe) to get all the info. It's been around 15 years- has been introduced in Congress (Rangel promised to it The Tax System if Dems ever got control (guess he lied again)... It's had over a million dollars spent Studying it and (like I said- the 22 percent comes OfF before the 23 goes on)- it's Inclussive and revenue neutral pricewise. It gathers money because no one is exempt.

This Fall the DNC ran false ads against anyone endorsing it nationwide claiming it caused 23 percent higher prices;. First, it doesn't. Second, there would be zero Income tax. Third- it would Flood JOBS back to Amerika by having No- none- zero Capital Gains or Corporate Tax (vs barry raising current 15 to 20 and in some cases 39 percent. Plus no Lobbyists...

By the way, pilot; you stated you had no idea whether the gov lent Brazil the oil exploration money or if the oil industry did- then posted a whole paragraph of why/ how it had to be the oil companies did.

Sorry- you're wrong. The US Government did, from the Stimulis money (that stimulated very Few US Jobs). Granted, the foreign investment/ energy development beauracracy Had been promising it to Brazil since barry came in, possibly longer- BUT- (leaving out the corruptionn of barry's Soros connections, thru the Appolo/Acorn////Chicago Carbon Trade connection)... WHY is the US (broke) GoV sending 2 Billion to Brazil to drill Deep Sea Oil, while throwing 25,000 US drillers out of work? (And yes- the Moritorium is Back on

can all of you please stay on topic of this thread/or start a new one please and call it my philosofy of the economy/thank you