ODFL | Yrc

bajabug

TB Lurker
Credits
I think by looking at the stock price and volume of shares sold, YRC is on life support. It doesnt matter what you think of the company, we have to remember, Big -R and Yellow were once the size we are today, we gotta keep our eye on the ball and service or customers to survive. those Yelow/Roaway/YRC trucks we pass are piloited by drivers just like us, pulling pups and paying bills, I wish them the best.

The last time they were in talks with the teamsters for a wage giveback the stock fell to 1.20 and when they agreed on that it went back over 5.they are in talks again so buy some of that stock because it will go up

I think by looking at the stock price and volume of shares sold, YRC is on life support. It doesnt matter what you think of the company, we have to remember, Big -R and Yellow were once the size we are today, we gotta keep our eye on the ball and service or customers to survive. those Yelow/Roaway/YRC trucks we pass are piloited by drivers just like us, pulling pups and paying bills, I wish them the best.

Welcome to the OD forum bajabug.Nobody that works for a living wants to see jobs lost anywhere maybe things will work out....what you said about "eye on the ball and customer service" needs to be posted at every local dispatch and t/m's office.....on the inside.

The last time they negotiated the "union" got a 15% stake in the company. YRC is not giving anything this time they just want something. So I don't think it will help prices if they do reach an agreement.
They closed at .89 today.....YRCW hauls 25% of the LTL freight in the US, we haul 5%. If YRCW does "go under" and we pick up 5% of YRC's 25% we would double overnight....Can you say Lotsa work.....I hate it for the employees of YRC but they should have seen this coming.

bajabug

YRC is still about 5 times the size of ODFL. ODFL does however offer a much better product to their customers than YRC does. Do not count them out yet, bt that being sad if it is going to happen it will be a holiday weekend. Guess we will have to wait til labor day.