FedEx Freight | Yrc

The Tea party is coming to a neighborhood new you.
you say this in jest, but i think there is a greater possiblity of this than most people think. i dont mean physically violent like the boston tea party, but economically like boycotts against corporations that will sway the actions of our governing leaders.

the only way to take corruption out of politics is by removing lobbyists.

you say this in jest, but i think there is a greater possiblity of this than most people think. i dont mean physically violent like the boston tea party, but economically like boycotts against corporations that will sway the actions of our governing leaders.

You better believe it. Get them in their pocket books. That is the only weapon we have.

That is a good idea. Does any one know when they first appeared? Or have they always been part of American government?

Some would say that it goes back to the Civil war. Those that would hang out in "Peacock Alley" and the lobby of the Willard Hotel in Washington, DC to gain the ear of and get preferential treatment from, were termed lobbyists by then President US Grant.

Some would say that it goes back to the Civil war. Those that would hang out in "Peacock Alley" and the lobby of the Willard Hotel in Washington, DC to gain the ear of and get preferential treatment from, were termed lobbyists by then President US Grant.

:Off-Topic::Off-Topic::Off-Topic::Off-Topic::ranting2:

fellowsaysbygolly
I have learned a little history here

I don't think YRC is going any where....They owe the banks too much money...

The banks don't want them to go belly up....they have to keep them alive...if they want their money back....

Sure, there will be more restructuring maybe even some more scaling down....but who's not scaling back.......

IMO.....Contrary to what Harrison want's, they are going to stick around a while longer.....

It's hard to boycott a "company" now. You may think you're boycotting Kraft foods, but you may find it is only a subsidiary company of a megacorp. Not saying they are, but you get my drift.

These days, if you boycott a company, you may have to research to see just how many brands you will now not buy, and find out if the store brands are made by the same companies, just labeled with say "Kroger".

Don't forget, our own industry sways governing leaders. Not saying it's right, but until we get the lobbyists out of the pockets of our elected officials, (or take those pockets away from the lobbyists), it's going to be tough to make any sort of change.

We'd have to be willing to throw everyone out and start over. Term limits and full disclosure on every financial dealings of every elected official.

I don't think YRC is going any where....They owe the banks too much money...

The banks don't want them to go belly up....they have to keep them alive...if they want their money back....

Sure, there will be more restructuring maybe even some more scaling down....but who's not scaling back.......

IMO.....Contrary to what Harrison want's, they are going to stick around a while longer.....

They'll have to take a look at what having all that capital tied up is going to cost them in the long run. YRC is already leasing their own properties. Equipment will be next.

I'll be the first to admit I don't understand all the finance jargon, but didn't they just swap stock for loaned money that they now don't have to pay back in the hopes that the stocks will soar or does it mean that the stock holders can say enough is enough and cash out and get what they can? I've never heard of this maneuver before.

It's hard to boycott a "company" now. You may think you're boycotting Kraft foods, but you may find it is only a subsidiary company of a megacorp. Not saying they are, but you get my drift.

These days, if you boycott a company, you may have to research to see just how many brands you will now not buy, and find out if the store brands are made by the same companies, just labeled with say "Kroger".

Don't forget, our own industry sways governing leaders. Not saying it's right, but until we get the lobbyists out of the pockets of our elected officials, (or take those pockets away from the lobbyists), it's going to be tough to make any sort of change.

We'd have to be willing to throw everyone out and start over. Term limits and full disclosure on every financial dealings of every elected official.

You know you have a valid point. That is why we all as drivers need to stick together. The power we all have together. Without trucks this country would grind to a halt.
Yet we are the beggars.

They'll have to take a look at what having all that capital tied up is going to cost them in the long run. YRC is already leasing their own properties. Equipment will be next.

I'll be the first to admit I don't understand all the finance jargon, but didn't they just swap stock for loaned money that they now don't have to pay back in the hopes that the stocks will soar or does it mean that the stock holders can say enough is enough and cash out and get what they can? I've never heard of this maneuver before.
maybe someone can exlpain this to me/us ... but didn't yrc swap bond for stock ... and in case of a meltdown ... I think the bond gets the money first ... then whats left goes to the stock ... so the bond holders just traded something for nothing ... is this correct ?