Yellow | YRCF Ship of Fools

Wow! This coming from a Holland road driver. You wanna see tears and snot bubbles, tell a Holland roadman that his tractor was put out of service.
Hell yea I'm gonna cry when they take truck I'm assigned too. When we come in they know truck for service and cause cityman not all but some wants to drive a newer tractor with roadman slipbox in it. He gets done I stuck driving somethin else for months chasing the truck down in BS.

I want you to look around yourself if you work at YRCF. I then want you to ask yourself some questions and be honest with yourself. Are the people running this place really this incompetent ? Do they take care of the customer ? Do you see the customers leaving ? Do you feel like we are being run out of business from within ? Does the company do what they want when they want ? Does the company violate the contract regularly ?
The companies sudden inability to run this place anywhere but in the ground leads me to believe there is a Con-Job going on in the background
The last 2 nights management has had us watch Roadway dvd's from 2007 about loading trailers. It showed the proper use of cardboard and pallets for dunnage ,using full sheets of plywood, and how to use air bags. First off the cardboard that we have, when we have it looks like it came straight from the dumpster, you may find 2 or 3 empty pallets a night, full sheets of plywood are nonexistent, and you have to air up 3 to 4 airbags to find one good one. Management doesn't care about what we have to work with, they just want to be able to say they showed us these embarrassing dvd's. This management could care less about our customer's freight and they've proved it by the amount of freight we've lost.

Hell yea I'm gonna cry when they take truck I'm assigned too. When we come in they know truck for service and cause cityman not all but some wants to drive a newer tractor with roadm
The last 2 nights management has had us watch Roadway dvd's from 2007 about loading trailers. It showed the proper use of cardboard and pallets for dunnage ,using full sheets of plywood, and how to use air bags. First off the cardboard that we have, when we have it looks like it came straight from the dumpster, you may find 2 or 3 empty pallets a night, full sheets of plywood are nonexistent, and you have to air up 3 to 4 airbags to find one good one. Management doesn't care about what we have to work with, they just want to be able to say they showed us these embarrassing dvd's. This management could care less about our customer's freight and they've proved it by the amount of freight we've lost.
Same situation where I am. I told them I put one air bag in and no more. If I doesn't hood it's their fault. I am not going through half a dozen bags to get one to hold. As for plywood... What is that? Dunnage? Our Dunnage is OK I gotta say that.
Same as the lift truck situation.

P. S.
Expand above to see reply.... I did it wrong somehow... Thanks...

We... Us... Teamsters... dysfunctional family? We try at least most if us.
Management.... Mmmm trying to think here what type of family they are....?
Someone will answer....do they ride to work in 'n the short bus?
Nah... That would be an insult the those who do ride that bus.
Group hug again.... :grouphug:

Wonder what retarded manager loads our inbound. I would refuse 90 percent of what comes in every day. It won't be long before we write the last chapter in our own story. How do we expect sales to get and retain business when we destroy everything we touch?

Wonder what retarded manager loads our inbound. I would refuse 90 percent of what comes in every day. It won't be long before we write the last chapter in our own story. How do we expect sales to get and retain business when we destroy everything we touch?
Of you want it wrecked and late use yrcf. If you want it wrecked next day, conway and fedex are the carrier of choice

It's up to us to stop this. You think a super gives a ::shit:: that it's loaded like?
Just as long as his numbers look good he doesn't care.
Now... To the people who load it that way.
If you want to really screw em load it the way it's supposed to be. Dock bars.. Bags.. Dunnage.... Takes a long time to load it right. Besides if you load a crappy trailer in a hurry... What do you get? Another one to load! So... Take your time people. We get paid by he hour not the piece.
By the way... No manager loads trailers. We do. And that is not a fair description as you are insulting disabled people comparing them to managers!

That's the point. Do your job right. Make fun of the videos and management all you want, they are around to facilitate but instead they have to babysit. Been loading trailers since most of them were in junior high. What we unload in the morning looks like kindergarten kids loaded it. If you aren't going to do it right for management do it right for you brother on the other end. We have to face customers with this stuff.

That's the point. Do your job right. Make fun of the videos and management all you want, they are around to facilitate but instead they have to babysit. Been loading trailers since most of them were in junior high. What we unload in the morning looks like kindergarten kids loaded it. If you aren't going to do it right for management do it right for you brother on the other end. We have to face customers with this stuff.
Exactly..... Load it like you are the one who has to unload it!
That's what I said to someone yesterday.... Looked like a five year old loaded it!
And I work outbound! I pulled it off.... And reloaded it. Wasn't much but jeez... C'mon guys. Girls. Whoever. If we cannot pull together here we can't anywhere.
Which means I cannot tell someone what to do here at work. I am on break. All they do is get pissed at you and keep going. We are all grown men. Let's act like it.
Group hug... Hahahaha....

I f the student hasn't learned, it's because the teacher hasn't taught.
No student here... That's the problem. Average age at this small terminal is 55. I am over that and most on the dock are. So they were taught long ago.
I see em loading freight like it was still 1980...jam.and cram. Some of its just going 30 miles so what's the point?

Well if your work here, half of your job is the people you work with (teamsters)I happen to like my brothers,we're one big disffunctoinal family.:shakehandsnah::grouphug:
That's about how we over here at Con-ooops, I mean XPO. I like the men I work with. Guess XPO will soon figure out if they bought a diamond in the rough or a stepchild.

Exactly..... Load it like you are the one who has to unload it!
That's what I said to someone yesterday.... Looked like a five year old loaded it!
And I work outbound! I pulled it off.... And reloaded it. Wasn't much but jeez... C'mon guys. Girls. Whoever. If we cannot pull together here we can't anywhere.
Which means I cannot tell someone what to do here at work. I am on break. All they do is get pissed at you and keep going. We are all grown men. Let's act like it.
Group hug... Hahahaha....
Should have waited till he was seven. Might have learnt by then. We will eventually run company in the ground ourselves with the same thing wr see happening day in and day out. We wont need managment for that.

It's up to us to stop this. You think a super gives a :::shit::: that it's loaded like?
Just as long as his numbers look good he doesn't care.
Now... To the people who load it that way.
If you want to really screw em load it the way it's supposed to be. Dock bars.. Bags.. Dunnage.... Takes a long time to load it right. Besides if you load a crappy trailer in a hurry... What do you get? Another one to load! So... Take your time people. We get paid by he hour not the piece.
By the way... No manager loads trailers. We do. And that is not a fair description as you are insulting disabled people comparing them to managers!

It is much easier to unload a properly loaded trailer than one which is not.

I would much rather spend my time stacking dunnage and bars than recouping other people's incompetence.

I would love to see trailers arrive with mugshots stating "loaded with pride by (such and such) from terminal xxx.

I would do everything in my power to return the favor!

The brothers with whom I am priveleged to work, load nothing but the best!

Sad part is, they will be retiring soon and the motivation to work with such pride will be retiring with them.

No student here... That's the problem. Average age at this small terminal is 55. I am over that and most on the dock are. So they were taught long ago.
I see em loading freight like it was still 1980...jam.and cram. Some of its just going 30 miles so what's the point?
As a p and d driver, I always load my peddle run with the thinking, yes, some clown is going to cut me off and I will slam on the brakes. You only usually have to pick up a mess once as a peddle guy from a mistake like say setting a pallet of freight on the rear without anything blocking it and say, i am only going 2 miles down the road to the first stop. Not knocking you dock guys M, but I see our dock loading outbound that is only going 60 miles to the BB, and can see by how it is loaded it will shift by the first right and left turns the driver makes. I guess the best thing I can say is, load it like the drivers first stop is a delivery to your house.

You Sir, have said what needs to be said, and said it well. Let me add just a little to that: Many of us work very hard trying to "right this ship". Unfortunately, we're not perfect either. We make errors because we're human. But we try very hard to do it right.

Sadly, some (and entirely too many) of our brethren a) don't know what they're doing; b) don't care; or c) both a and b. Some are deliberately messing things up. Why? Darned if I know; we should ask them! I am confident that if they manage to sink this ship, they'll be right there to point the finger, claiming it's somebody else's fault.

As for the management, please remember that many of them (in fact nearly all of them) have never done our jobs. That means they really don't know HOW to do our jobs. That is why we're so important to the future of this company. If you have been around any length of time, you have seen countless numbers of management personnel come and go. The only stability in this company is US. Hang in there, brother!

Hell yea I'm gonna cry when they take truck I'm assigned too. When we come in they know truck for service and cause cityman not all but some wants to drive a newer tractor with roadman slipbox in it. He gets done I stuck driving somethin else for months chasing the truck down in BS.
Ok , then maybe time for you to be a Owner Operator then ????