Holland | YRC's Holland Regional Unit Posts Weak Operating Performance In 2014

Gee guys I just read the article, Herr Ware says that we're not working safely compared to our peers at other truck lines. All this time I thought it was mgmt, now I find out it its our fault. Starting Monday I'm gonna work safely, no more trying to raise trailer doors caked with salt, no more 2.5 million mile sterlings with 7/3200000's of tread on em, gonna work safely slowwwwwwly and safely.........................

Can they force over 60 up there? Can they force over 12 hrs / day?They cannot in Atlanta.
At our barn , YES on Friday's the city guys out on street past 60 hours and then get back and work the dock till midnight to 1 am !!

you guy's think that dragging a 53 footer into a neighborhood or area of town that was built in the late 1800's or early 1900's might have something to do with some of these accidents?

Yup. Hasnt even been here a year. Have another "driver", winthin a 3 month span was fired once and hurt twice and has been on light duty for 11 months. This is what they get when they lower the bar to the bottom of the barrel.

We have one on his second comp. claim,hired in march 2014.We have a few new hires that can barely get their trailer to the dock in our yard.There is no possible way they can blind or jack into some of the crap holes we go to regularly.

You guys need to read article 55 of nmfa. They can't by contract force you over 11 unless you are clean up shift. I say let Em fire you and then don't come back until you are made whole for every overtime hour a junior man was forced to work while you were at home.

We have one on his second comp. claim,hired in march 2014.We have a few new hires that can barely get their trailer to the dock in our yard.There is no possible way they can blind or jack into some of the crap holes we go to regularly.
Thats nothing. We have had a couple that got hurt ON light duty.

paper cut on their tongue from licking too many envelopes? cramps from running a stapler? legs fell asleep after napping in a chair, lol?

yes , closing shift , so we are forced to stay till midnight to 1 am , and sad part is will stay have GREEDY driver's that milk the clock at midnight !!!! kinda feel sorry for them that they don't have a life and don't want to go home at night !!!!

You guys need to read article 55 of nmfa. They can't by contract force you over 11 unless you are clean up shift. I say let Em fire you and then don't come back until you are made whole for every overtime hour a junior man was forced to work while you were at home.
Each conference is different. Carolina conference no forced ot

At our barn , YES on Friday's the city guys out on street past 60 hours and then get back and work the dock till midnight to 1 am !!
DOT would have a field day with these people on the street over HRS.
Have an accident and kiss it all good by.
Can't blame a person for wanting to work...............Something the youngsters need to learn.