ABF | YRC's Shiny New Deal

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
All it says is....the Union has to approve them buying ABF....not that it can't be done....but, it looks good on paper....Harry Wilson is not intimidated by the language I assure you.

I know, and what doesn't the IBT approve? Is Harry still good for another 5.5 million if it passes? That's about $220/YRC working man.

All it says is....the Union has to approve them buying ABF....not that it can't be done....but, it looks good on paper....Harry Wilson is not intimidated by the language I assure you.

I know what it says. I don't think they would allow it to happen because they all know how it worked out last time.Thousands of jobs lost which means less dues revenues coming in. Just look at the mess their dealing with now because of Yellows greed.

I know what it says. I don't think they would allow it to happen because they all know how it worked out last time.Thousands of jobs lost which means less dues revenues coming in. Just look at the mess their dealing with now because of Yellows greed.
Well, a lot of the YRCW guys took very serious offense to Welch meddling in ABF's negotiations. This little piece of language is trying to address that, to smooth it over....but it has no teeth in my opinion.

Well, a lot of the YRCW guys took very serious offense to Welch meddling in ABF's negotiations. This little piece of language is trying to address that, to smooth it over....but it has no teeth in my opinion.
I wonder it it's even a legal deal in the world of NASDAQ.

I have no doubt the IBT conspired with YRC to get this vote passed.By throwing out the mail in ballot its a LOCK.

Ya reckon? The IBT would never look out for it's best interest! But, I'd rather have 26,000 more pissed off Teamster's still in the ranks, than see the toilet get flushed over there. If the lenders call the notes and force a bankruptcy, it will be a sad day for Unionized trucking.

Ya reckon? The IBT would never look out for it's best interest! But, I'd rather have 26,000 more pissed off Teamster's still in the ranks, than see the toilet get flushed over there. If the lenders call the notes and force a bankruptcy, it will be a sad day for Unionized trucking.
It's what is known as a 'Catch 22 situation'. Either way it's a loser.