TForce | YRC's Spin May Be Positive, But the Operating Numbers Are Not

From a strictly business point of view, YRC is finished. It cannot stay in business for long with that revenue to debt ratio.

UPSF does have an aggressive plan to expand should YRC cease doing business. That includes multiple terminal openings and hiring many experienced personnel.

A large part of the customer's reasons for switching to more stable company is that they remember when Consolidated went belly up over night. That was a disaster for the many shippers depending on that company and the remembrance is still fresh in their mind.

I really hope they can pull it off and survive this. If they do pull it off, it will be the greatest success story.
Those analysis numbers and deep price cutting are definitely eroding their market share.
Customers also don't want their products/goods held up in the court system should a bankruptcy occur. It will cost them more money and man hours to reproduce the product and reship back to their own customers.

I remember when some of these company's went belly up and "O" tried to take it all on, It was a complete disaster, we were at a grid lock, we did not know where customers freight was, we had no empty trailers to load into and in the long run we lost all of the business we tried to gain, we also lost some of our loyal customers. Another nightmare was when St. Johnsbury went under. Greed first and then reality sets in. With out a plan, its complete grid lock for the company. Sure it boosts the numbers/profits, but only for a short amount of time.

I remember when some of these company's went belly up and "O" tried to take it all on, It was a complete disaster, we were at a grid lock, we did not know where customers freight was, we had no empty trailers to load into and in the long run we lost all of the business we tried to gain, we also lost some of our loyal customers. Another nightmare was when St. Johnsbury went under. Greed first and then reality sets in. With out a plan, its complete grid lock for the company. Sure it boosts the numbers/profits, but only for a short amount of time.

I heard the same thing. We sure got more business but our core customers started to suffer.
"Never bite off more than you can chew", since the UPS buyout and the consistent number crunching they have come out with percentage increase a terminal can handle without disrupting our core customers.

an old timer at my barn was telling me this happened in the late 90s.....dont quote me on this but i THINK it was when CF went under

he said there was no such thing as an empty trailer there, they had so much freight they had to take freight and stage it in the shop (which is 200 yards from the dock)

he was telling me this cuz we was talking about YRC, he said it wont necesarily be a good thing if YRC goes under because we dont have the space or equipment to handle it......we are pretty slow now and still have no empty trailers, everyday we have to strip about 10 vans just to load city freight, so our dock is always clusterfu**ed

our dock and yard are WAY TO SMALL! only 88 doors and we are a major city

but an operations manager told me this a couple months ago, and i quote "when YRC goes under, you will be able to work as many hours as you want"

I believe that we as a company are NOT ready for the fall of YRC! We can't handle the frt we have now I E damages on time , and it would I believe be the best thing for YRC to continue working not only for us but for themselves. the ii dear of more people out of work right now is not only bad for them, but bad for America. Call me stupid but that's how I feel l!!!:shift:

I believe that we as a company are NOT ready for the fall of YRC! We can't handle the frt we have now I E damages on time , and it would I believe be the best thing for YRC to continue working not only for us but for themselves. the ii dear of more people out of work right now is not only bad for them, but bad for America. Call me stupid but that's how I feel l!!!:shift:

I am sure glad that someone gets it..Yrc isn't going anywhere,and to those who wish their demise,nah,your not worth it....

I am sure glad that someone gets it..Yrc isn't going anywhere,and to those who wish their demise,nah,your not worth it....

Tyson Johnson said today .He guaranteed another 12 months .tomarrow the bondholders with forgive 550 million to keep them operating. This is great news.:clap::clap:

an old timer at my barn was telling me this happened in the late 90s.....dont quote me on this but i THINK it was when CF went under

he said there was no such thing as an empty trailer there, they had so much freight they had to take freight and stage it in the shop (which is 200 yards from the dock)

he was telling me this cuz we was talking about YRC, he said it wont necesarily be a good thing if YRC goes under because we dont have the space or equipment to handle it......we are pretty slow now and still have no empty trailers, everyday we have to strip about 10 vans just to load city freight, so our dock is always clusterfu**ed

our dock and yard are WAY TO SMALL! only 88 doors and we are a major city

but an operations manager told me this a couple months ago, and i quote "when YRC goes under, you will be able to work as many hours as you want"

Yes, There were no empty trailers to be found. I spent 4 days in a hotel waiting on a list for an empty trailer to become available to be loaded so I could get to my home terminal. This was the norm for all road drivers at that time. It was a complete mess and no, we did not get paid for delay.

I do not wish for any company to go out of business, union or not!

YRC is a mess....they are losing money on every load they haul. On time delivery is in the sewer. Claims are not getting paid. I remember one of the problems the YRC and etc union carriers had with USF Dugan was stated as hauling freight for a discount rate...well welcome the the world of Hope and Change folks!

No the remaining carriers, IF YRC were to go under, will not have the capacity to step in and fill those large shoes but that will not keep YRC in business.

The only good is that a lot of people will lose big money permanently if they do quit operating so those investors will be willing to bend over:eck13: and live with it.

From a strictly business point of view, YRC is finished. It cannot stay in business for long with that revenue to debt ratio.

UPSF does have an aggressive plan to expand should YRC cease doing business. That includes multiple terminal openings and hiring many experienced personnel.

A large part of the customer's reasons for switching to more stable company is that they remember when Consolidated went belly up over night. That was a disaster for the many shippers depending on that company and the remembrance is still fresh in their mind.

How do you know that there is a plan in place? Are you in management?:shift:

Sure we can. We just put on more contract carriers. :biglaugh:

How do you know that there is a plan in place? Are you in management?:shift:

By invitation meeting at St. Louis terminal. I asked if UPSF had plans to utilize the experience of out of work YRC employees.

The answer was that yes, there were plans if.....and it was stated that "I could see St. Louis being a 2 terminal city."

From the mouth of the UPS VP....

I'm a city driver.:shift: